Summer 2020 transfer thread

38 minutes ago, glensmad said:

I noticed Wishaw actually announcing new signings on Twitter yesterday, I'm not sure how that works if they are still contracted to other clubs till June. We all know players are moving at the moment and all clubs are talking to players, but you can't really announce them.

Of course you can announce them just can’t register the contract. Players are free to sign any contract providing the date of new contract and registration is after the date of ending of previous registration. The contract just won’t be valid until it’s start date
But what that does is alert other clubs to the players' availability. There's nothing to stop another club coming in and making that same player a better offer.

But what that does is alert other clubs to the players' availability. There's nothing to stop another club coming in and making that same player a better offer.

Contract would still be valid from the start date of it. The new club is entitled to register it from the start date on it and the registration would be valid. Therefor if your scenario did happen the club with the first agreement would be entitled to hold the registration of the player and prevent the other club registering the player.

Contract would still be valid from the start date of it. The new club is entitled to register it from the start date on it and the registration would be valid. Therefor if your scenario did happen the club with the first agreement would be entitled to hold the registration of the player and prevent the other club registering the player.
Surely though both clubs would have the same start date ? What would be the point in a club registering a player who has told them "I've changed my mind, I'm going to (insert club name) instead".

Surely though both clubs would have the same start date ? What would be the point in a club registering a player who has told them "I've changed my mind, I'm going to (insert club name) instead".

The first agreement would be valid but peter I’m sure you would love a bit of a drama to have some fun with or this is not all a drama and be fine and each will just continue to move forward as we go into these exciting times

The first agreement would be valid but peter I’m sure you would love a bit of a drama to have some fun with or this is not all a drama and be fine and each will just continue to move forward as we go into these exciting times
Sorry I'm not quite following your logic. If the contract can't be dated and registered till a certain date, surely that applies to any club, and not just the first agreement the player makes with a club ?

I'll give you an example. Del Esplin left Cumnock a few years ago and signed for Glenafton. They even announced his signing. Del then changed his mind and wanted to play closer to home, and signed for Glencairn instead.

It's got nothing to do with looking for a bit of drama, it's simply the rules. Under the junior rules, which we're still under until the AGM, clubs cannot officially sign players at this time of year unless they are free agents and haven't played junior for any other club this season.

Players can't officially sign for a new club until their current contract runs out unless they have signed a pre contract agreement.

The new contract runs from the date after the previous one ended, but the player, if they have signed a pre contract agreement, they will have to honour said agreement.

If a player signs and dates the pre contract and chooses not to honour said agreement that could become problematic, for both the player and the 'new' club.

Its also very naughty, unless an agreement was reached between both hypothetical clubs of course.

No peter. A player can sign a pre-contract agreement and a pre dated contract. The player is free on a professional contract to sign such agreements without any contact from their existing club providing they do not have a period of more than six months left on their existing agreement. If the club they have signed pre agreement with and contract chooses to register that contract then it is valid if the player has subsequently signed with a second new club then this agreement cannot be effective due to this first contract it is a nullity unless the first club chooses to waive their right under the agreement which as you point out would be the wise thing to do as the player would be unhappy. The fact remains that the club could enforce their pre agreement and registration. Your last paragraph is wrong however, the SJFA rules do not ban signing players, it brings in moratorium against registering players which is effective until June.

Yes, you're correct, "registering" is what I meant. I suppose with the seasons now terminated there isn't really any harm in clubs announcing signings of players who are still registered to other clubs till June. This year is different to any other year for very obvious reasons.

Is there any difference this season for the ex junior clubs on signing players are there a limit on the size of squad and and is it only signed players in league games
There is no limit on squad sizes in the WoSFL, and you can play trialists in league games.

There is no limit on squad sizes in the WoSFL, and you can play trialists in league games.
And if you have a 20s in use they sign the same contract as first team players and are eligible to be fielded as many times as you like. Equally first team players over 20 can play up to 6 games with the 20s across the season.

16 minutes ago, G4Mac said:
3 hours ago, glensmad said:

And if you have a 20s in use they sign the same contract as first team players and are eligible to be fielded as many times as you like. Equally first team players over 20 can play up to 6 games with the 20s across the season.

What restrictions are there on the venues that can be used for the 20s? Any flexibility?

What restrictions are there on the venues that can be used for the 20s? Any flexibility?
Sorry for the delay.

Our 20s play at our park which meets licence criteria but I know camelon 20s use little kerse which is an open playing field.

I'm not sure about the actual criteria but I would be astounded if it is overly strict.