Summer 2020 transfer thread

Glens are going to be the whipping boys of that top league next season . Surprised peter left Rhys out the players who can’t be replaced as they offered him captaincy and to be the best paid player in glens history. Bitter wee man. And replacing Gaz smiths goals good luck with that. I’m sure he’s scored the most goals in 1 season in in glens history. Willie and joe can’t attract players that’s why their overpaying for dross and can’t keep a squad together

19 minutes ago, glensmad said:

So many factual innacuracies in that post it's embarrassing. emoji1751.pngemoji23.png

Of course you would say that . I’m starting to think the management purposely keep you out of the loop to not hurt you’re feelings. Did you not still want to keep Gaz after he says he was leaving for Arthurlie  or is that not factual?

Gavin, you can try all you want, but I'm not going to bad-mouth any of the five players who have left Glencairn to join Arthurlie this summer. I regard them all as friends, and would warmly welcome them back inside our stadium at any time. None of them have left with any ill-feeling from the club, so your attempts to create ill-feeling are not welcome and reflect very poorly on you.

I will, however, say that I don't really count Gary Smith as a player we have lost from last season, as he only started 3 games all season. We effectively lost him last summer, after two terrific seasons with lots of goals for which we were very grateful and his contribution will be remembered fondly. His totals in both seasons, despite your bizarre claim, was not even a third of the mark set by our club's record scorer in a single season. [emoji6]

4 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Gavin, you can try all you want, but I'm not going to bad-mouth any of the five players who have left Glencairn to join Arthurlie this summer. I regard them all as friends, and would warmly welcome them back inside our stadium at any time. None of them have left with any ill-feeling from the club, so your attempts to create ill-feeling are not welcome and reflect very poorly on you.

I will, however, say that I don't really count Gary Smith as a player we have lost from last season, as he only started 3 games all season. We effectively lost him last summer, after two terrific seasons with lots of goals for which we were very grateful and his contribution will be remembered fondly. His totals in both seasons, despite your bizarre claim, was not even a third of the mark set by our club's record scorer in a single season. emoji6.png

Are you referring to Ross McNeil by any chance ? Under 21 games don’t count I’m afraid. I’m not trying to get you to say anything about the boys who’s left why would I do that ?  You purposely left Rhys Donaldson out when he’s you’re best defender and yes you did offer him captaincy and to be highest paid player 

Are you referring to Ross McNeil by any chance ? Under 21 games don’t count I’m afraid. I’m not trying to get you to say anything about the boys who’s left why would I do that ?  You purposely left Rhys Donaldson out when he’s you’re best defender and yes you did offer him captaincy and to be highest paid player 
No, I wasn't referring to Ross McNeil.

I stand by what I said earlier about Simeon and Leyden being hard to replace. We have already brought in players to replace Rhys Donaldson and Stevie Kerr. Only time will tell if they are better or not.

We move on.

1 minute ago, glensmad said:

I stand by what I said earlier about Simeon and Leyden being hard to replace. We have already brought in players to replace Rhys Donaldson and Stevie Kerr. Only time will tell if they are better or not.

We move on.

This is exactly what you are doing-trying to bad mouth players in a 'passive' manner with your sarcastic one liners! I think it is time as you said to move on. The boys who left got a better offer and went to a team who they know will be competing-they were ALL offered deals to stay but ALL chose NOT to- END OF!

This is exactly what you are doing-trying to bad mouth players in a 'passive' manner with your sarcastic one liners! I think it is time as you said to move on. The boys who left got a better offer and went to a team who they know will be competing-they were ALL offered deals to stay but ALL chose NOT to- END OF!
And good luck to every one of them. They genuinely all have my best wishes and I hope they win their conference as I expect them to with a bit to spare.

I fail to see where I have bad-mouthed anyone.

6 minutes ago, glensmad said:

We move on.

So who were you referring to that scored more goals in a season than Gaz smith? Don’t really think guys from lesmahagow is going to replace Rhys but entitled to your opinion. And bringing guys back that wasn’t good enough before shows you exactly how far you’ve went back 

So who were you referring to that scored more goals in a season than Gaz smith? Don’t really think guys from lesmahagow is going to replace Rhys but entitled to your opinion. And bringing guys back that wasn’t good enough before shows you exactly how far you’ve went back 
We haven't signed anyone from Lesmahagow to replace Rhys.

I think you're more upset by me not saying what you're desperate for me to say. You can keep trying, but I respect my friends and won't take your very obvious bait.

13 minutes ago, glensmad said:

We haven't signed anyone from Lesmahagow to replace Rhys.

I think you're more upset by me not saying what you're desperate for me to say. You can keep trying, but I respect my friends and won't take your very obvious bait.

Haha okay peter I believe you .... thousands wouldn’t 🤥

12 hours ago, Gaz1888 said:

Remember Glens  are in top league by default will be relegated for sure, they bring nothing to league 

There was no guarantee Glencairn would have been relegated last season same as no guarantee Talbot would have won title. Only played about half their games with plenty on hand over Troon. They had a massive injury list and many were returning just as league closed down.

9 minutes ago, clash city rocker said:

There was no guarantee Glencairn would have been relegated last season same as no guarantee Talbot would have won title. Only played about half their games with plenty on hand over Troon. They had a massive injury list and many were returning just as league closed down.

Unlike some on this thread, I have no beef whatsoever with Rutherglen Glencairn. On the contrary, they appear to be a well run club. 

However, to suggest they would have avoided relegation based on the league position they were in and the results they had achieved is unrealistic.

FWIW the same applies to Talbot. The league was theirs.

Unlike some on this thread, I have no beef whatsoever with Rutherglen Glencairn. On the contrary, they appear to be a well run club. 
However, to suggest they would have avoided relegation based on the league position they were in and the results they had achieved is unrealistic.
I guess we'll never know. I'm just curious as to why the focus is on Glencairn in this respect, and not on the other two teams who were in the bottom three when the season ended. Not that it matters, as the WoSFL were instructed to take the WRSJFA Premiership as it stood at the time. End of story.

12 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

7 behind Benburb with 3 games in hand , 10 behind Troon with 5 in hand . Dunno about yourself bud but am no frigging giving up in that position. :) Not saying they would have stayed up but maybe we can go back to when the last whistle of the last game was the decider :)

7 behind Benburb with 3 games in hand , 10 behind Troon with 5 in hand . Dunno about yourself bud but am no frigging giving up in that position. [emoji4] Not saying they would have stayed up but maybe we can go back to when the last whistle of the last game was the decider [emoji4]
And we had still to play Benburb twice and Troon at home. And we'd only lost one league game in 2020, a last-minute goal away to Auchinleck. And we had an almost full-strength squad back (apart from Gary Smith). We were far from doomed. But it doesn't matter now.

15 minutes ago, glensmad said:
18 minutes ago, clash city rocker said:
7 behind Benburb with 3 games in hand , 10 behind Troon with 5 in hand . Dunno about yourself bud but am no frigging giving up in that position. emoji4.png Not saying they would have stayed up but maybe we can go back to when the last whistle of the last game was the decider emoji4.png

And we had still to play Benburb twice and Troon at home. And we'd only lost one league game in 2020, a last-minute goal away to Auchinleck. And we had an almost full-strength squad back (apart from Gary Smith). We were far from doomed. But it doesn't matter now.

Never knew that. Win them games and Glens are favourites pressure is on Bens and Troon. Fitba is played on grass ( or plastic ) no paper

39 minutes ago, glensmad said:
48 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

I guess we'll never know. I'm just curious as to why the focus is on Glencairn in this respect, and not on the other two teams who were in the bottom three when the season ended. Not that it matters, as the WoSFL were instructed to take the WRSJFA Premiership as it stood at the time. End of story.

The reason I mentioned you guys is that you were the topic of convo at the time. If a KRR fan had made the same claims I would have given the same response. There is no agenda, believe me. As for the other teams, KRR were thinking about their holidays since October and were away already, Benburb had the points in the bag so to think that RG would win all three games in hand to go ahead is a long shot. That leaves Troon who were very inconsistent but for me, with their experience they had more potential of taking points off the teams above. IMO KRR, RG would have dropped with Benburb and Troon fighting for the other spot. Only my opinion which in itself doesn't add up to a hill of beans.

30 minutes ago, clash city rocker said:

7 behind Benburb with 3 games in hand , 10 behind Troon with 5 in hand . Dunno about yourself bud but am no frigging giving up in that position. :) Not saying they would have stayed up but maybe we can go back to when the last whistle of the last game was the decider :)

Correct. No team should have given up and of course RG wouldn't. I just think it would have taken a real optimist to think that they would have climbed out of that hole based on previous meetings with the other clubs. But I'm only a numpty. 

We wouldn't have needed to win all three games in hand to go above Benburb, as we still had to play them twice. So one win in the games in hand, and beat them twice (as we had done in the previous season by a 9-1 aggregate) and Robert would have been your mum or dad's brother. [emoji6]

But as I've said, it doesn't matter anymore.