Summer 2020 transfer thread

1 hour ago, passbackdave said:

The drum aswell splashing the cash ive heard. Wont last with both clubs as it wont with darvel as it didnt with kilwinning maryhill medda hurlford etc....

Mon the papers

castles built on sand spring to mind......let's never forget Gretna or Rushden and Diamonds in England

Edited by Village elder
wee addition

cheers.....looking forward tour first trip to the big league....all the best

Use have some good players in ur team just need 2 c how they play for mcanespie. His time at us was very hot and cold. Good thing for nauld fans is hes over other side so use wont hear the pish that comes out his mouth lol.

Mon the papers

No.

I think part of Yogi’s statement is true , I dare say you can advise that Mr Jack Steadman DID’NT sell the family silver

Or did Clydebank groundshare with someone in the Latvian league , thereby elevating their status in the league , a bit like what they did with Yoker !!!

Good reply but did mr steadman not sell your club rights to Airdrie and aClydebank
went out the game

I thought the steadmans left Clydebank in the 90s and weren’t in charge when Ballantine or however you spell it bought Clydebank and turned it into airdrie United maybe I’m wrong old age gets to us all

13 minutes ago, classof2010 said:

I thought the steadmans left Clydebank in the 90s and weren’t in charge when Ballantine or however you spell it bought Clydebank and turned it into airdrie United maybe I’m wrong old age gets to us all

After the Steadmans there was Dr John Hall, whose main claim to fame was the Dublin & Carlisle franchise attempts during his tenure. Clydebank were in administration at the time of Airdrie United's takeover, so I don't think there really was an owner at that point with the administrator running things.

After the Steadmans there was Dr John Hall, whose main claim to fame was the Dublin & Carlisle franchise attempts during his tenure. Clydebank were in administration at the time of Airdrie United's takeover, so I don't think there really was an owner at that point with the administrator running things.

My main point was the steadmans were long gone before this happened

On 27/06/2020 at 16:44, Scottyd said:

Every Darvel player pays a £10 into the club lottery Every month what dies that matter, Samson didn’t cost money cause yous got him to sign as amateur contract so yous didn’t need to pay Cumnock a development fee.  And he gets paid a weekly wage which way above expenses which isn’t allowed on amateur contract I’m sure,  is that discussed at your agm  don’t come on and take the moral high ground there are players who are up the best paid players in the country at this level

nobody says yous pay over the odd but don’t say yous don’t pay well you will be in the top five interns of budget, and the club has shared amazing success on the back of been well run on and off the park don’t make out money not important to the players there 

Shankland wasn’t signing a new deal cause he was only offered a £10 pay rise that why there was a delay in him signing a new contract that common knowledge. 

🤣🤣

17 hours ago, Yogi said:

£125 minimum per week from a former players mouth

You've plucked a figure out of the air, can not back it up. If you can, name the source of the "former player" otherwise you're better off keeping your mischief and disinformation to yourself.