Summer 2020 transfer thread

3 minutes ago, Derry said:

I don’t know everyone else thoughts but as I said I like them spending will raise the profile of league etc also manager certainly knows his stuff and rightly or wrongly comes on here and speaks well also the issue I imagine is certain things the club say etc comes off as total arrogance but the manager etc can’t control that and I wish darvel nothing but success they mind me of Kelty Hearts positive forward thinking and not afraid to put there cash in but a bit of humility and being a bit more humble goes a long way at least until they win everything 😂😂

I don’t think he will be back on maybe some people will be happy with that I don’t know why he got stick he was never dis respectful it’s I find it refreshing when manager speak on social media. Loads of managers at this level speak on other social media platforms such as twitter just not here but that will be because of that nonsense that gets posted. 

4 minutes ago, Scottyd said:

I don’t think he will be back on maybe some people will be happy with that I don’t know why he got stick he was never dis respectful it’s I find it refreshing when manager speak on social media. Loads of managers at this level speak on other social media platforms such as twitter just not here but that will be because of that nonsense that gets posted. 

Personally I hope he does come back mate I have no problems with coaches etc on here long as the stay sensible lol which no doubt he would have but I can fully understand his stance if he would rather not as it can go a little far on here sometimes 🤦🏻‍♂️

Edited by Derry

As  well as extensive impressive  improvement work at Guys Meadow .The club have been extremely active on the personnel front .New manager in Kieran McAnespie with the addition of Colin McMenamin as player /coach .United have also made a few significant changes to the squad Dylan Henry from East KIlbride , Jordan Kennedy from Clydebank ,David Leadbetter  previously Rossvale captain , Goalkeeper Scott Morrison and last but by no means least Kevin Nicoll ex Stirling Albion and Clyde captain.....welcome one and all.. everyone at the "Field of Dreams " eagerly anticipating the new season

Edited by Village elder
grammar

There's an awful lot of knowledgeable folk out there whos eem to be aware of Talbot's pay structure. It's no secret, and it's discussed annually at every AGM which every fan can attend.

We've had the discussion before about how Talbot fund their buys. It's a fallacy to say that they pay big money, and Tucker often goes down the leagues to find the likes of Steven White and PeeWee at Annbank. Samson didn't cost us a penny either, I'm led to believe.

Keyboard warriors really do get themselves hot under the collar about what Talbot pay. We're a top club, and have been for many years, but we have a sustainable pay structure and you rarely ever say a poor player bought in with money.

What folk don't understand, or simply don't want to understand, is the ethos that runs through the club, from Tucker and the players, through the committee, and the fans. There's no discernable difference there, and it's why players don't leave, they love being part of the set up. It's why each and every one of them pays £10 per monthy into the Talbot transfer / contract renewal fund. It's why the club has more testimonials by a country mile, over and above any other Junior club. Players that follow the money don't tend to have loyalty, and can be prised away by the next transfer and offer of better money.

Note to keyboard warriors...everything is above board at Beechwood, and the information easily accessible. If you think Talbot are paying well over the odds you're obviously on the wrong thread.

1 hour ago, Scottyd said:

Hes got a good job opportunity with great career prospect mate that why he was moving part time. 

He's gone part time cause he got bombed out of the second worst full time squad in Scotland and is getting wheelbarrows of cash delivered to his front door to play in the sixth tier for a club from a village of about 4,000.

Edited by Marshmallo

31 minutes ago, TFW said:

There's an awful lot of knowledgeable folk out there whos eem to be aware of Talbot's pay structure. It's no secret, and it's discussed annually at every AGM which every fan can attend.

We've had the discussion before about how Talbot fund their buys. It's a fallacy to say that they pay big money, and Tucker often goes down the leagues to find the likes of Steven White and PeeWee at Annbank. Samson didn't cost us a penny either, I'm led to believe.

Keyboard warriors really do get themselves hot under the collar about what Talbot pay. We're a top club, and have been for many years, but we have a sustainable pay structure and you rarely ever say a poor player bought in with money.

What folk don't understand, or simply don't want to understand, is the ethos that runs through the club, from Tucker and the players, through the committee, and the fans. There's no discernable difference there, and it's why players don't leave, they love being part of the set up. It's why each and every one of them pays £10 per monthy into the Talbot transfer / contract renewal fund. It's why the club has more testimonials by a country mile, over and above any other Junior club. Players that follow the money don't tend to have loyalty, and can be prised away by the next transfer and offer of better money.

Note to keyboard warriors...everything is above board at Beechwood, and the information easily accessible. If you think Talbot are paying well over the odds you're obviously on the wrong thread.

Every Darvel player pays a £10 into the club lottery Every month what dies that matter, Samson didn’t cost money cause yous got him to sign as amateur contract so yous didn’t need to pay Cumnock a development fee.  And he gets paid a weekly wage which way above expenses which isn’t allowed on amateur contract I’m sure,  is that discussed at your agm  don’t come on and take the moral high ground there are players who are up the best paid players in the country at this level

nobody says yous pay over the odd but don’t say yous don’t pay well you will be in the top five interns of budget, and the club has shared amazing success on the back of been well run on and off the park don’t make out money not important to the players there 

Shankland wasn’t signing a new deal cause he was only offered a £10 pay rise that why there was a delay in him signing a new contract that common knowledge. 

Edited by Scottyd

You seem to know an awful lot about Talbots finances....[emoji848]

Every Darvel player pays a £10 into the club lottery Every month what dies that matter, Samson didn’t cost money cause yous got him to sign as amateur contract so yous didn’t need to pay Cumnock a development fee.  And he gets paid a weekly wage which way above expenses which isn’t allowed on amateur contract I’m sure,  is that discussed at your agm  don’t come on and take the moral high ground there are players who are up the best paid players in the country at this level
nobody says yous pay over the odd but don’t say yous don’t pay well you will be in the top five interns of budget, and the club has shared amazing success on the back of been well run on and off the park don’t make out money not important to the players there 

Shankland wasn’t signing a new deal cause he was only offered a £10 pay rise that why there was a delay in him signing a new contract that common knowledge. 

10 minutes ago, Scottyd said:

Let’s all be honest here successful teams on a whole are usually the highest payers don’t know why it’s so offensive to everyone 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Derry

Don’t understand why people get so offended about other teams budgets. End of the day is it not a good thing that teams are getting a financial backing and attracting a higher caliber of player. Surely it will attract more punters through the gate? Also having a new team possibly challenging at the top won’t be a bad thing either. Talbot have been fairly dominant over the last decade so if there’s a couple more teams challenging it should make it a more exciting league for everyone

Everyone talking about Darvel  and not even mentioning st cadocs spendings and signings  
never even gd a team close to the level  think oldest team they had was round about u16 - u18 but now they are splashing mega money lol 
Wilson on £200 tax free a week  is unbelievable  for any team never mind a  brand new team 
The drum aswell splashing the cash ive heard. Wont last with both clubs as it wont with darvel as it didnt with kilwinning maryhill medda hurlford etc....

Mon the papers

As  well as extensive impressive  improvement work at Guys Meadow .The club have been extremely active on the personnel front .New manager in Kieran McAnespie with the addition of Colin McMenamin as player /coach .United have also made a few significant changes to the squad Dylan Henry from East KIlbride , Jordan Kennedy from Clydebank ,David Leadbetter  previously Rossvale captain , Goalkeeper Scott Morrison and last but by no means least Kevin Nicoll ex Stirling Albion and Clyde captain.....welcome one and all.. everyone at the "Field of Dreams " eagerly anticipating the new season
Good luck jordan and stig. Stig is 1 of the good guys in the game.

Mon the papers

2 hours ago, Yogi said:

It’s ok for you and your mob to discuss every other side wage structure but no one is allowed to discuss the great Ta£bots 🤨

You read only what you want to read. As I said before, it's common knowledge what Talbot pay, it's all discussed and down on the business of the AGM. What is so funny, is that every keyboard warrior on here knows differently. "Shankland held out for another tenner" the "Big Goalie" had the pay structure broken to keep him at Beechwood instead of going to Newlandsfield. Jealousy is a cruel mistress. 

14 minutes ago, TFW said:

You read only what you want to read. As I said before, it's common knowledge what Talbot pay, it's all discussed and down on the business of the AGM. What is so funny, is that every keyboard warrior on here knows differently. "Shankland held out for another tenner" the "Big Goalie" had the pay structure broken to keep him at Beechwood instead of going to Newlandsfield. Jealousy is a cruel mistress. 

What does the business of the AGM say the boy Samson gets paid ? 

4 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

He's gone part time cause he got bombed out of the second worst full time squad in Scotland and is getting wheelbarrows of cash delivered to his front door to play in the sixth tier for a club from a village of about 4,000.

Hoffenheim in Bundesliga come from a village of less than 4000.....just sayin"