Summer 2020 transfer thread

7 minutes ago, Bankies Alive said:

Gormley was the manager of Rossvale when they lost to Clydebank,just saying.

Bit unlucky tho... Missed pen changed it.. That's fitba.

And Moff was the Rossvale gaffer when they beat Clydebank at Holm Park... Funny auld game eh ??

Brilliant to see Darvel building a proper team. Talbot have had it too easy for too long now. If anything it will make things competitive/interesting rather than the borefest it has been in recent times more often than not.

Certainly has all the ingredients to be a more competitive league ..... nobody could or should complain about that. Although at this juncture , I’m more inclined to think that Darvel are ‘buying’ rather than ‘building’ a team !
At current rate of spend, the new seated enclosure they’ve built might just be big enough to house the unstripped players on match days !

Spoke to a guy [emoji23] not wonder there so much  shite on here. I guy also told me Jamie Glasgow was offered £300 to say at Talbot and fight Darvel’s offer off I don’t believe that either.
talbot players only play there cause they all the love club. Just asked there big goalie who had agreed and signed a contract at pollok a few back only for them to beat the offer and he stayed 

In this instance , it is100% true as I DID speak to someone who played with McShane and those were the figures he quoted
Therefore, my post is from a better than average source

If you say my post is Shite , what does that make yours ..... informed expertise

48 minutes ago, Barney Killoch said:

Certainly has all the ingredients to be a more competitive league ..... nobody could or should complain about that. Although at this juncture , I’m more inclined to think that Darvel are ‘buying’ rather than ‘building’ a team !
At current rate of spend, the new seated enclosure they’ve built might just be big enough to house the unstripped players on match days !

Aw and the rest of the teams in the premier dont pay their players, Talbot have been one the highest paying clubs fir years anyone who says different is taking shite. 

They are spending money but so does eveyone else when your in an environment where money involved, at every level in the world the richest clubs are 9-19 most successful 

41 minutes ago, pantherj said:

This is the post of someone who probably follows amateur or senior football and looks at a how things look on the internet or a newspaper and draws conclusions. 

Check recent league winners its been varied as it has for nearly twenty years.  Talbot are usually running miles behind in league and made to catch up and fight it out all the way to win the league.  

Most games they play are competitive and hard fought.

Oh Darvel they are a small club always will be money or no money every single signing is top notch amazing brilliant blah blah blah its cringeworthy nobody with half a ounce of common sense in the junior west game takes anything about them seriously its all bravado and fake from them. 

There he’s back under another name taking the same shite no one takes you serious 

3 minutes ago, Bul2 said:

In this instance , it is100% true as I DID speak to someone who played with McShane and those were the figures he quoted
Therefore, my post is from a better than average source

If you say my post is Shite , what does that make yours ..... informed expertise

I also spoke to somone who knows him and they told me figures he has a very good wage up there with the best if not the best paid at this level but nothing out of this world but again the guy I spoke could be talking shite the same as the guy you know 

Talbot pay decent money but definitely not of the highest paying....

Aw and the rest of the teams in the premier dont pay their players, Talbot have been one the highest paying clubs fir years anyone who says different is taking shite. 

They are spending money but so does eveyone else when your in an environment where money involved, at every level in the world the richest clubs are 9-19 most successful 

I also spoke to somone who knows him and they told me figures he has a very good wage up there with the best if not the best paid at this level but nothing out of this world but again the guy I spoke could be talking shite the same as the guy you know 

So, would “ I very much doubt if that would be true “ not have been possible rather than saying that what I was posting was , quote ,”shite”.

What about the other four that have found their way to Clydebank?
Really can’t believe we now have ( and probably more to come ) 5 out of 6 new arrivals coming from Rossvale. We’ll be getting called Rossbank or Clydevale if this goes on.
Jeeze, talk about an old pals act. I don’t know the lads[emoji2369]( hopefully they can add some quality.
But I still find it disappointing that we need to go to one club for 5 players.
Manager raiding his old club aint uncommon. Moff must think there better players so we have 2 trust moff.

Mon the papers

11 minutes ago, andy25 said:

Talbot pay decent money but definitely not of the highest paying....

Andy they have 2 players up there with the highest paid players at his level eveyone know that they don’t blow other club out the water but have the biggest budget with Darvel, pollock 

Not sure I’ve ever suggested that other teams aren’t paying players .... of course they are..... but that wasn’t my point.
The comparison with Talbot isn’t exactly apples v apples. I’d be pretty certain that the Talbot team this season will bear striking resemblance to last years. Maybe one or two in or out to balance the squad but on the whole ..... by and large the same team.

Darvel on the other hand have gone ‘cash and carry’ .... and bought the guts of another team !
Profile players ( for this level of the game ) ... and plenty of them.

General question for anybody that can answer it ....... where and when are clubs required to publish their squad list ?

p.s.... and I’m not a Talbot fan !

5 minutes ago, Barney Killoch said:

Not sure I’ve ever suggested that other teams aren’t paying players .... of course they are..... but that wasn’t my point.
The comparison with Talbot isn’t exactly apples v apples. I’d be pretty certain that the Talbot team this season will bear striking resemblance to last years. Maybe one or two in or out to balance the squad but on the whole ..... by and large the same team.

Darvel on the other hand have gone ‘cash and carry’ .... and bought the guts of another team !
Profile players ( for this level of the game ) ... and plenty of them.

General question for anybody that can answer it ....... where and when are clubs required to publish their squad list ?

p.s.... and I’m not a Talbot fan !

Yeh they have kept their squad together because they have been the biggest team at that level for a number of years the truth is no one will catch them without investing money. Well I suppose you still need to get the recruitment right 

Talbot squad cost money aswell that why they have so many top players, also the lure of wining trophies helps them and maybe saves them a bit of money when speaking to players.

look at Liverpool success they have had to invest significant money to catch the likes of man cit and Utd etc they have a great manger and he’s recruited well. What do people expect clubs not try and recruit better players that what required to catch them 

2 minutes ago, maicoman said:

With all the talk about money when do the clubs start to pay the players weekly wages ?

Would imagine the clubs pulling in the more higher profile players will have been paying already as a bargaining tool to sway them as well as signing on fees