Summer 2020 transfer thread

5 hours ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Conor Bradley has been one of our better players since he came in to the team, Tam McGaughey had impressed and had chipped in with a number of goals, Mick McNeil had stepped up from the 21s a few months before the season ended and had impressed. The others had only played in 2 games and had looked promising.

I am glad to see them re signing for the new season and if we add some more quality (having heard some of the names we are) then we should do a lot better than we have the last 2 seasons.

I agree . The 3 you have mentioned are boys i would definitely have kept.  I would suggest the criticism is coming from someone who hasn't seen these lads in action.  The other 2 boys look like they could do a job too.

This season was always going to be another rebuild for Arthurlie and the long layoff has probably given the management team more time to assess who they want.  I have also been impressed at the quality our Under 20s have been signing. Plenty of winners in that group.  Hopefully won't be too long until we get a chance to get back to Dunterlie for a game.  

21 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Is it five players who were starters for Beith that have gone to St Cadocs?

Eight have left

Daz Christie - rumoured to be Pollok

Keir Milliken - rumoured to be Largs

Other 6: John Sheridan (confirmed as St Cadocs), Stephen Grindlay, Jamie Wilson, Kevin Green, Kenny McLean, Joe Bradley.

1 hour ago, beith19 said:

Eight have left

Other 6: John Sheridan (confirmed as St Cadocs), Stephen Grindlay, Jamie Wilson, Kevin Green, Kenny McLean, Joe Bradley.

That’s a lot of good players lost to other teams,all 1st team regulars 

1 hour ago, beith19 said:

Eight have left

Cheers. I'm a bit out of the loop on the West Juniors/WoS over the last couple of years, were all these guys starting games for Beith? Familiar with Christie and Grindlay to a certain extent.

Is it five players who were starters for Beith that have gone to St Cadocs?

Shezza has been confirmed and green n Wilson told the Facebook page they were going to start cadocs of the rest ul find out for sure next week but I’d be willing to say kenny McLean and Stephen grindley will be at st cadocs as well as said above milky is going to Largs not confirmed as for daz a lot of rumours of pollok but you never know whoever gets daz his goals and assists for beith was excellent I’m sure it said 102 assists in 214 games

3 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Cheers. I'm a bit out of the loop on the West Juniors/WoS over the last couple of years, were all these guys starting games for Beith? Familiar with Christie and Grindlay to a certain extent.

If you’re a “bit out of the loop” with the West/Juniors the last couple of years,why did you choose Kilbirnie to be relegated on another thread ?

Bit strange

4 minutes ago, classof2010 said:

Shezza has been confirmed and green n Wilson told the Facebook page they were going to start cadocs of the rest ul find out for sure next week but I’d be willing to say kenny McLean and Stephen grindley will be at st cadocs as well as said above milky is going to Largs not confirmed as for daz a lot of rumours of pollok but you never know whoever gets daz his goals and assists for beith was excellent I’m sure it said 102 assists in 214 games

Tough for Butch coming in and facing an exodus like that. Honestly can't believe Sheridan left to play for another club at his age finishing at Beith would have been more appropriate imo. Millar has fair hit his old club hard enticing these guys to leave. Beith fans ok with this ? Makes you wonder if players were playing for club or for the manager.

On 18/04/2020 at 08:37, glensmad said:

Yes I've heard that one too, although I heard that St Cadoc's were interested in Christie as well, obviously with the Jonny Miller connection.

I noticed Wishaw actually announcing new signings on Twitter yesterday, I'm not sure how that works if they are still contracted to other clubs till June. We all know players are moving at the moment and all clubs are talking to players, but you can't really announce them.

Correct heard that one myself

Of course players play for a manager rather than a club. You see players following certain managers and coaches wherever they go and you'll see it again next week when more clubs start announcing signings after the players' junior registrations expire.

I was thinking exactly the same thing doon the road.

Tough for Ferry coming in and facing an exodus like that. Honestly can’t believe O’Byrne left to play for another club, finishing at Ladeside would have been more appropriate imo. Other clubs have fair hit Ladeside hard enticing guys to leave. Ladeside fans ok with this ? Makes you wonder if players were playing for the club or for the manager.

2 minutes ago, CopaMundials said:

Tough for Ferry coming in and facing an exodus like that. Honestly can’t believe O’Byrne left to play for another club, finishing at Ladeside would have been more appropriate imo. Other clubs have fair hit Ladeside hard enticing guys to leave. Ladeside fans ok with this ? Makes you wonder if players were playing for the club or for the manager.

Let it go let it go 

Tough for Butch coming in and facing an exodus like that. Honestly can't believe Sheridan left to play for another club at his age finishing at Beith would have been more appropriate imo. Millar has fair hit his old club hard enticing these guys to leave. Beith fans ok with this ? Makes you wonder if players were playing for club or for the manager.

Out the ones going to st cadocs probably Jamie would be the only one pushing as a first team regular but it will become more clear next week when the club start announcing the new players

Honestly can’t believe O’Byrne left to play for another club, finishing at Ladeside would have been more appropriate imo.

Mick O'Byrne is only 31, he's not exactly close to retirement. If he looks after himself he could have another 5 or 6 good seasons left in him. He's only been at Kilbirnie for 5 seasons, so he could have longer than that left in his career. Why would it have been "more appropriate" for him to finish at Ladeside ?

Of course players play for a manager rather than a club. You see players following certain managers and coaches wherever they go and you'll see it again next week when more clubs start announcing signings after the players' junior registrations expire.

Johnny obviously came in for more than the players who have are going to st cadocs but some have decided to stay at beith we still have 11 players from last seasons squad so it’s not like we are signing a full first 11

1 hour ago, CopaMundials said:

Whit manager lol. O'Byrne played for the club no doubts could have left many times but stayed. Absolutely nothing to do with Ferry. Ramsay was a Budgie signing as was Mitchell , Woods a McGuinness signing.

1 hour ago, glensmad said:

Not always O'Byrne was a Swift signing and could have moved to BSC with him but chose to stay at Kilbirnie. With the amount of managers lately at the Vale to say the players played for a certain manager is wrong.

8 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Mick O'Byrne is only 31, he's not exactly close to retirement. If he looks after himself he could have another 5 or 6 good seasons left in him. He's only been at Kilbirnie for 5 seasons, so he could have longer than that left in his career. Why would it have been "more appropriate" for him to finish at Ladeside ?

Big Michael has a few seasons left injury free. Work commitments and new family could change that but don't believe he will play more than a couple seasons.

what date do the registrations expire peter ?