Summer 2020 transfer thread

5 hours ago, andy25 said:

I think theres been investment at Maybole and they have a bit of cash to burn.

Dingus on £100 at his age no even Darvel would do that lol. Best of luck to them if they have investment but reckon Carlo would want more value for money than that. Maybe Dingus is coaching as well.

5 hours ago, WestSound said:

Players on £100 a week. Man should be sacked.

Always thought Carlo an approachable and decent guy spoke to him for a good while after a Maybole/Kilbirnie Ayrshire tie a couple years back then at a Scotland over 50s game at Kilbirnie. Maybole certainly never had cash then they had a good few young kids on loan and had just paid to replace fencing around the ground...and the pies in the cabin were delicious lol

Heard on the grapevine Cumnock have a significant budget this season, up there with the top 2 or 3 in league? Few promising signings on way, with high on signing fees and high wages being paid, could be challengers this season...

Heard on the grapevine Cumnock have a significant budget this season, up there with the top 2 or 3 in league? Few promising signings on way, with high on signing fees and high wages being paid, could be challengers this season...

Who is the top 2 or 3 budgets in league most people can maybe find out there own teams but how would you know who are the top 2 or 3

16 hours ago, manc80 said:

Tbf Cumnock have usually operated with a significant budget just not seen value for money in s lot of their signings. McNally will expect financial backing , the purchase of Hughes from Kilbirnie was testimony to that.

Is £100 a week not the going rate for good players, probably even more now.

Gone are the days of playing for the jersey, village and loyalty.

Very little loyalty in football nowadays.

£100 a week at mayboles level is throwing money away.

13 minutes ago, clash city rocker said:

Tbf Cumnock have usually operated with a significant budget just not seen value for money in s lot of their signings. McNally will expect financial backing , the purchase of Hughes from Kilbirnie was testimony to that.

Our budget will be fair as we have a hard working and well run committee. However our last few mangers have been unable to attract top players. I'm hoping this will be different with mcnally. 

14 minutes ago, nearly man said:

I don't think so but thanks for the laugh anyway 😂

Beith have a significant budget and are up there with the top two or three in the league. 😂 😂 😂 

In all honesty though I'm hearing about an exodus at new cumnock. 

22 minutes ago, geeman82 said:

Beith have a significant budget and are up there with the top two or three in the league. 😂 😂 😂 

In all honesty though I'm hearing about an exodus at new cumnock. 

Frye to Cumnock, £3500 signing on fee and double what he was on,- all I've heard.

Frye to Cumnock, £3500 signing on fee and double what he was on,- all I've heard.

Always been a fan of Frye be a decent signing for us if true. Can’t imagine a signing on fee of what’s been quoted though. There’s no big money man or woman throwing there cash about at Cumnock.

8 minutes ago, Bawrash1 said:

Sour grapes? Every glenafton fan I’ve spoken to rated him highly.

Player of the year last season but was pretty average in other seasons in all honesty. He's chasing the money going to Cumnock which is fair enough, won't be to win trophy's anyway...

6 minutes ago, manc80 said:

Player of the year last season but was pretty average in other seasons in all honesty. He's chasing the money going to Cumnock which is fair enough, won't be to win trophy's anyway...

Or team back up with a former manager