Summer 2020 transfer thread

Jordan Murch back at petershill is a good signing for them.

Remember he was a cracking player in a very good petershill team a few years back great spine of a team in Mickey White in goals with big Ryan Jordan , Ross Mccabe two cracking big centre backs, Jordan (Murch) in midfield and the pacey and great finisher Stephen Mcgladrigan up front (is he retired now last saw him at Rossvale)

Edited by traffordab

18 hours ago, Mine Man said:

A very good player and top lad as well. Very comfortable in the top league and will bring a lot to this team. He will pitch in with a few goals as well.

Does anyone know who the Celtic fan with the cash who is pumping it into St Cadocs is?Is he well known?

Guest Mick Kennedy
59 minutes ago, Lokloyal said:

Does anyone know who the Celtic fan with the cash who is pumping it into St Cadocs is?Is he well known?

Yes he’s a very good friend of mine, he helps run the club he doesn’t put money. They will be self sustaining from the outset, him and his family a very successful business people. He used his business skills and experience to help the club generate income. 

32 minutes ago, Mick Kennedy said:

Yes he’s a very good friend of mine, he helps run the club he doesn’t put money. They will be self sustaining from the outset, him and his family a very successful business people. He used his business skills and experience to help the club generate income. 

Thanks.How are they generating the money for signings etc and wages/running costs?Its a costly business running a club.

Guest Mick Kennedy
13 minutes ago, Lokloyal said:

Thanks.How are they generating the money for signings etc and wages/running costs?Its a costly business running a club.

They have such a great catchment area to raise funds, over 1000 kids in their academy. Obv a very affluent area aswell, so all that added in with a proper business plan then they are in a very strong position 

They have such a great catchment area to raise funds, over 1000 kids in their academy. Obv a very affluent area aswell, so all that added in with a proper business plan then they are in a very strong position 

So how are they signing players promising wages without guaranteed funds? How are they going to pay the Ants rental?

There business plan won’t be worth the paper it’s written on after this crisis is over. My understanding is that the person is underwriting the losses the club makes. It’s a play on words to putting money in. Don’t see what the issue is in someone putting money into clubs and why people have to come and deny it. If someone wants to invested in a club they should be rewarded and celebrated.

5 hours ago, traffordab said:

Jordan Murch back at petershill is a good signing for them.

Remember he was a cracking player in a very good petershill team a few years back great spine of a team in Mickey White in goals with big Ryan Jordan , Ross Mccabe two cracking big centre backs, Jordan (Murch) in midfield and the pacey and great finisher Stephen Mcgladrigan up front (is he retired now last saw him at Rossvale)

Was that when they had Lamont on the wing and a husky Tony Stevenson floating delightful lobbed through balls over the top while barely leaving the centre circle? Enjoyed watching them back then.

Guest Mick Kennedy
1 minute ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

So how are they signing players promising wages without guaranteed funds? How are they going to pay the Ants rental?

There business plan won’t be worth the paper it’s written on after this crisis is over. My understanding is that the person is underwriting the losses the club makes. It’s a play on words to putting money in. Don’t see what the issue is in someone putting money into clubs and why people have to come and deny it. If someone wants to invested in a club they should be rewarded and celebrated.

There is no issue with it at all. What I’m saying tho isn't the Case he isn’t putting his money in and he won’t be underwriting any loses. The club is in a very strong position and has been for a number of years.

15 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Was that when they had Lamont on the wing and a husky Tony Stevenson floating delightful lobbed through balls over the top while barely leaving the centre circle? Enjoyed watching them back then.

Yeah mate they also had woods and finnegan also around then who were great attacking options. 

Who is he then?

There is no issue with it at all. What I’m saying tho isn't the Case he isn’t putting his money in and he won’t be underwriting any loses. The club is in a very strong position and has been for a number of years.

Out of curiosity can anyone think of an established youth club that has put a 'senior' age side into the pyramid or juniors, and subsequently bombed financially?

BSC Glasgow, East Kilbride, Cumbernauld Colts, Bonnyton Thistle, Rossvale, Gartcairn, Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts, Tynecastle, and LTHV all came from that type of background. Either outright or mergers to create them.

Wasn’t a dig about to you about money was a general dig as I hate when people come on here spouting about clubs spending money. Who cares how much clubs spend and where it comes from. If some people put as much effort into helping their own clubs rather than slaughtering others.

I have my sources on this and you have yours. Money is coming from somewhere to fund the start up.

Guest Mick Kennedy
31 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Wasn’t a dig about to you about money was a general dig as I hate when people come on here spouting about clubs spending money. Who cares how much clubs spend and where it comes from. If some people put as much effort into helping their own clubs rather than slaughtering others.

I have my sources on this and you have yours. Money is coming from somewhere to fund the start up.

I know that mate, I can only talk about the guy people are referring to and he’s my mate. That how in know he’s not supporting It financially like people are saying he is. He defo using his business skills and experience which are vast to help grow it. 

32 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

It has to be. You can’t attract the manager of John M’s calibre without their being substantial financial resources.

This is being further evidenced by the signings that have been announced. 

I don’t see how it’s possible to be self sustainable before the senior men’s team have even kicked a ball. You don’t know what all of your playing costs are going to be for a start.