Summer 2020 transfer thread

On 18/04/2020 at 11:51, Anykindafitbaw said:

The first agreement would be valid but peter I’m sure you would love a bit of a drama to have some fun with or this is not all a drama and be fine and each will just continue to move forward as we go into these exciting times

Not so the first agreement to go through the registration system at Hampden would be the valid one eg lets say that Team (A) sent their registration documents in at 8 am on the 21st of June but team B who the player had changed his mind and decided to join had registered their documents before 8 am then team B would be the team that the player was registered for 

21 hours ago, passbackdave said:

Morton does he play left midfield? Christie and mccann both play right mid both 2 good 2 leave on bench so is mccann leaving?

Mon the papers

Christie to Pollok has been doing the rounds for a few months but I’d heard he was off to join Millar at St Cadocs.

Gary isn’t one of the players that the club announced as having signed up for next season before the shutdown, but I know some more had signed on again but hadn’t been announced. Would certainly be disappointed not to have Gary playing for us next season. 

Not so the first agreement to go through the registration system at Hampden would be the valid one eg lets say that Team (A) sent their registration documents in at 8 am on the 21st of June but team B who the player had changed his mind and decided to join had registered their documents before 8 am then team B would be the team that the player was registered for 

No, the race to the register system doesn't apply here in the way it does with land registration and even in this case the land register now operates a notices system which prevents someone else registering a title deed in the interim period (I.e. the period between conclusion of missives and the date of registration - subject to limitations).

It is the first club to acquire the contractual right - See McBryde - The law of Contract in Scotland - 3rd Edition

Christie to Pollok has been doing the rounds for a few months but I’d heard he was off to join Millar at St Cadocs.

Gary isn’t one of the players that the club announced as having signed up for next season before the shutdown, but I know some more had signed on again but hadn’t been announced. Would certainly be disappointed not to have Gary playing for us next season. 
Surprised pollok signing him as hes no a striker. They like 2 have about 6 in there squad

Mon the papers

5 minutes ago, glensmad said:
13 minutes ago, Baz Bandstand said:
Are contracts signed at the end of last season void? Or do they transfer over to the new league? 

Why would they be void ? Yes they transfer over.

Cheers, so players will still be getting paid just now, then say August will be entitled to sign on fees agreed before?

Could this get messy with clubs obviously not having any cash flow just now and then players looking for guarantees previously promised? 

Sorry question overload, trying to get my head around it.