Summer 2020 transfer thread

Ok here we go, your home for all the speculation and confirmed deals ahead of the start of the new league (whenever that is).

As we know most contracts currently run till around the 3rd weekend in June, but with the West juniors season now over and four teams joining us in the WoSFL, who is going where ?

What have we heard ? Who can confirm it or who can categorically rule it out ?

Let the speculation begin. [emoji56]

1 hour ago, iaind said:

It will be interesting to see who St Cadocs bring in with Miller in charge.

I was saying something similar yesterday. However I’ve since heard they’ll be spending big and aim to be in the SPFL in a few years. It’ll be interesting  as Millar has plenty of experience & knows how to build top teams capable of winning things. 

I was saying something similar yesterday. However I’ve since heard they’ll be spending big and aim to be in the SPFL in a few years. It’ll be interesting  as Millar has plenty of experience & knows how to build top teams capable of winning things. 

They definitely sound ambitious.

Will be looking to invest in their own facility?

I think that's important, if they do have a bit of money to throw about. They can't just spend it on getting a quick successful team, without the foundations of the club. But I'm sure they know that.

8 minutes ago, glensmad said:
39 minutes ago, juventus said:

I think that's important, if they do have a bit of money to throw about. They can't just spend it on getting a quick successful team, without the foundations of the club. But I'm sure they know that.

I know a player they’ve spoken to and he was really impressed with what they had to say. He was told construction on the stadium was already underway ? 

4 minutes ago, juniorjunior said:

I know a player they’ve spoken to and he was really impressed with what they had to say. He was told construction on the stadium was already underway ? 

I imagine in a place like Newton Mearns they could get something sorted relatively easily compared to some places elsewhere. A bit like how East Kilbride were able to get K Park into shape over a couple of years.

33 minutes ago, glensmad said:
1 hour ago, juventus said:

Chicken and egg. If they can throw money at a team that makes the top 4 of their conference then it might work out better for them long term to start with a bit of success and having bigger away crowds in their next season to entice the locals and give them a supporter base to work from as well. But, as you said, I'm sure they know that.

Maybe we'll have a Scottish version of Hoffenheim on our hands and some self made millionaire who's bought a big hoose down that way will make them Scotland's third force

Hearing Christie to Pollok from Beith. Morton seems to be the only player to have not re-signed
Yes I've heard that one too, although I heard that St Cadoc's were interested in Christie as well, obviously with the Jonny Miller connection.

I noticed Wishaw actually announcing new signings on Twitter yesterday, I'm not sure how that works if they are still contracted to other clubs till June. We all know players are moving at the moment and all clubs are talking to players, but you can't really announce them.

Yes I've heard that one too, although I heard that St Cadoc's were interested in Christie as well, obviously with the Jonny Miller connection.

I noticed Wishaw actually announcing new signings on Twitter yesterday, I'm not sure how that works if they are still contracted to other clubs till June. We all know players are moving at the moment and all clubs are talking to players, but you can't really announce them.

Of course you can announce them just can’t register the contract. Players are free to sign any contract providing the date of new contract and registration is after the date of ending of previous registration. The contract just won’t be valid until it’s start date