Arthurlie FC

DONATE A TICKET ||

We might not be in the virtual Scottish Cup last 16, but we seem to be in a leaderboard battle with Pollok 💥💥💥

You can help us move above our great rivals and possibly reach the £2,000 mark by donating HERE 👇 https://donateaticket.com/donate/arthurlie

Many thanks for your continued support! 💙

#MONTHELIE ⚽⚽⚽⚽

THANK YOU TO OUR SUPPORTERS

The club wishes to thank all of our supporters for their continued backing in our fundraising efforts and for their patience and understanding during these most uncertain of times.

The management team have been working hard in the background to bring players to the club - to join those already on extended contracts - building what we believe is an exciting squad for the season ahead in the West of Scotland Football League.

We look forward to being able to announce squad information - once all players' current contracts at their previous clubs have expired at the traditional end of the season, which will allow our paperwork to be lodged and approved by the SFA.

Once again, thank you to our supporters and we hope that you are all keeping well.

#MONTHELIE

• 2 weeks later...

SQUAD NEWS || FIVE PLAYERS ON EXETENDED CONTRACTS

As we get closer to being able to announce new signings for the forthcoming season, Arthurlie FC would like to remind supporters of the five players who will remain with the club, having already signed extended contracts.

CONOR BRADLEY

Conor's progress has been marked since his arrival from Barrhead Youth FC under 21s in the Summer of 2018. Conor has impressed in the left back role over the past two seasons and we are delighted that "Gummy" has already committed to the club for the coming season

TAM MCGAUGHEY

Tam has posed an attacking threat both in central and wide areas in the past couple of seasons. We look forward to seeing more of his attacking qualities and goalscoring abilities as we aim to challenge for promotion in the season ahead.

MICHAEL MACNEIL

Mick made the step up to the first team from our under 21 side last season and put in some impressive performances in the centre of defence, prior to the enforced shutdown. We look forward to seeing his continued progress in the new season.

JAMIE MACLEOD

Messi is an experienced winger who joined us from Fauldhouse, Unfortunately only managed a few games before lockdown but we look forward to seeing him in action next season.

ANDREW MCLAUGHLIN

Andrew was highly recommended to us from Barrhead 21s , He came in and impressed straight away despite only being 19. We look forward to his continuous progress next season.

The management team have been hard at work behind the scenes in their efforts to build a competitive and capable squad for the season ahead and we look forward to being able to confirm further details in the coming weeks.

#MONTHELIE

LEE ROULSTON EXTENDS HIS STAY AT DUNTERLIE

Lee has become a key player in the midfield since stepping up from our under 21s in 2018. Lee's game is continuing to develop and we are delighted that we can look forward to his energy and enthusiasm as he has committed to the club for the season ahead.

10 hours ago, Stephenafc said:

Lee has become a key player in the midfield since stepping up from our under 21s in 2018. Lee's game is continuing to develop and we are delighted that we can look forward to his energy and enthusiasm as he has committed to the club for the season ahead.

That's great news.

10 hours ago, Stephenafc said:

I think this is the one that most Arthurlie fans have been waiting for.  So glad he has decided to stay with the club I'm delighted with the players who have re-signed. Now looking forward to tomorrow when the names of our new signings can be released. 

Met a fellow Lie fan in Cowan Park today, socially distanced of course.  He had heard that Arthurlie have sold another piece of their ground. This time to Weirs.  Part of the deal would mean Weirs carrying out some much needed maintenance .   Ive a feeling a few of the regular fans won't be very happy about this if true .  Has anyone else heard about this ?.  

Met a fellow Lie fan in Cowan Park today, socially distanced of course.  He had heard that Arthurlie have sold another piece of their ground. This time to Weirs.  Part of the deal would mean Weirs carrying out some much needed maintenance .   Ive a feeling a few of the regular fans won't be very happy about this if true .  Has anyone else heard about this ?.  

I was passing last week at weird we’re doing work to the fence neighbouring the top entrance but hadn’t heard that they had sold any land.

44 minutes ago, Monalie said:

I didn't think we had any left to sell. Unless we have sold the area around the entrance?

What i  was told is it was a section of ground between Weirs and the pie stall. I wonder if that means we will have to use the bottom gate on matchday.   The boy i was speaking to said there was a bit of unrest because the season ticket holders should have been notified but the decision was taken without any consultation .  If that is the case i hope we got plenty cash for the land and not just someone doing a bit of work to tart the ground  up.  Also the wee club is away too, which is likely to annoy the guys who like a beer at the game. We have been battered recently with posts asking us to donate money to the club.  Can we expect a post explaining this land being sold ? .  I won't hold my breath.  

What i  was told is it was a section of ground between Weirs and the pie stall. I wonder if that means we will have to use the bottom gate on matchday.   The boy i was speaking to said there was a bit of unrest because the season ticket holders should have been notified but the decision was taken without any consultation .  If that is the case i hope we got plenty cash for the land and not just someone doing a bit of work to tart the ground  up.  Also the wee club is away too, which is likely to annoy the guys who like a beer at the game. We have been battered recently with posts asking us to donate money to the club.  Can we expect a post explaining this land being sold ? .  I won't hold my breath.  

My understanding is with the supporters cabin is that the club were paying rent for it and I would guess with no games just now it would make sense to return it and save money.

With regards to the selling of land if I remember my constitution correctly it depends on the amount of money the last was sold for (if it has been sold) for consultation to take place. Ideally you would want it but during these times then I can understand the lack of it. The committee are appointed by the fans and whenever the next AGM is held the committee will have to justify it and if fans don’t agree with it they can do something about it. I’m willing to wait until I know more before deciding if it is a good or a bad thing.

One thing I will say is if the money is being reinvested in improving Dunterlie and has no negative impact upon the club/ground then I am all for it.

IMG_1285.jpg We are delighted to announce that winger Ed McTernan will be returning to Dunterlie from Irvine Meadow. Eddie pace in the forward areas excited the fans in his first spell at the club and we look forward to more of that attacking flare in the coming season.

We are delighted to announce the signing of Jamie hay who joins us from near neighbours Neilston. Jamie is an experienced sitting midfielder who is tough tackling and can control the pace of the game. Another fantastic addition to the squad.IMG_1283.jpg

Also arriving at Dunterlie is tough tackling fullback Kris Gebbie who signs from Cambuslang Rangers. Gebbie has won leagues at both Cambuslang Rangers & Rutherglen Glencairn. He is a great addition to the squad and the management team look forward to working with him.
IMG_1291.jpg