Arthurlie FC

So a change in structure with George Fotheringham moving to assisting Andy McFadyen. Presume this had been the plan all along as it seems to have happened with no issues. Dont know much about Andy McFadyen. What’s everyone else’s thoughts.

So a change in structure with George Fotheringham moving to assisting Andy McFadyen. Presume this had been the plan all along as it seems to have happened with no issues. Dont know much about Andy McFadyen. What’s everyone else’s thoughts.

Glad to have the guys, sound like they have good experience in the u21 game and the Glencairn u21 has produced some excellent players recently, I think it’s a vital market to tap into and these guys having good contacts and experience of working with youth, I’m excited about the future and new set up.

Anyone know why Andy has only taken over now and not when the four other guys came in?

Glad to have the guys, sound like they have good experience in the u21 game and the Glencairn u21 has produced some excellent players recently, I think it’s a vital market to tap into and these guys having good contacts and experience of working with youth, I’m excited about the future and new set up.

Anyone know why Andy has only taken over now and not when the four other guys came in?

I am assuming he wanted to finish the season with Glencairn under 21s.

I've heard quite a few of the squad have been released and there are at least 2 surprising names among them.  A few experienced players being mentioned to be coming in but i think the focus will be on youth, which isn't surprising considering where our management team have come from.  Looking forward to it all getting underway. 

PLAYERS LEAVING THE CLUB

Arthurlie Football Club can today confirm that the following players will be leaving  the club at the end of their current contracts.

Daniel McKay
David Reid
Jamie Docherty
Jason Andrew
John Middleton
Liam Mushett
Ross Urquhart
Tony Etherson
Craig Molloy
Cammy O' Neil
Kieron McDade
Fraser MacDuff
Niall Reynolds

We wish to thank all of the players for their hard work and effort in the sky blue and white and we wish them every success going forward.

2 minutes ago, Stephenafc said:

PLAYERS LEAVING THE CLUB

Arthurlie Football Club can today confirm that the following players will be leaving  the club at the end of their current contracts.

Daniel McKay
David Reid
Jamie Docherty
Jason Andrew
John Middleton
Liam Mushett
Ross Urquhart
Tony Etherson
Craig Molloy
Cammy O' Neil
Kieron McDade
Fraser MacDuff
Niall Reynolds

We wish to thank all of the players for their hard work and effort in the sky blue and white and we wish them every success going forward.

Thanks for that Stephenafc.  Quite a list there.   Surprised with 3 of those players leaving .  I know he hadn't played many games but i was really impressed with MacDuff, a real pity he is on there.  Interesting to see Roulston isn't listed and hopefully he will stay.  By my reckoning we have kept about 6 players so it's a massive rebuild again. Exciting times ahead.  

I've got to say i'm very impressed with the speed at which the fans have been informed of this and hopefully this is the start of big things for the club.  

15 hours ago, Stockholmbud said:

They wanted to sign Macduff then loan him out I’m hearing there’s about 20 signed players at the moment 

I've heard some of the names who are signed/signing .  A few ex players returning to the club.  To be fair we must have some cover if we were going to loan MacDuff out.  The lad was exceptional in the games he played for us. 

1 minute ago, Stockholmbud said:

He knocked the offer back heard smith coming back mcbain goalkeeper 

I don't blame him knocking that back. Personally i thought the boy had the makings of a great full back.  Anyway as i say, we must have some really good players coming in if we aren't serious about keeping MacDuff.   Heard the Smith rumour plus another 2/3 of his team mates.  Don't know McBain.  He will need to be good to oust Gordon i would imagine. 

On 17/04/2020 at 19:51, Stockholmbud said:

They wanted to sign Macduff then loan him out I’m hearing there’s about 20 signed players at the moment 

Would find that strange as the contracts of players do not at best finish until the 3rd week in June therefor a bit oops a lot of TAPPING must have taken place NOT surprised 

Would find that strange as the contracts of players do not at best finish until the 3rd week in June therefor a bit oops a lot of TAPPING must have taken place NOT surprised 

Can you not speak to players within six months of their contract ending?

No that is only in the Senior professional contract in the Juniors which at the moment all teams are still a member of you can not officially note I did say officially talk to players until their contracts finish but as we all know tapping is a big part of the junior set up and every one does it  may be that will be frowned upon in the WOSFL