West Development U20 League / Teams

19 hours ago, Seasiders Youth said:

So much going on with the 20’s league and they write an article about it with the manager of a club that doesn’t have a 20’s team and reference another club that doesn’t either but have co-opted a boys club team from a younger age group... pointless story 🤷‍♂️

Talbot have an Under 19 team this season , maybe why they are waiting until next season for the for the development league.

18 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

Talbot have an Under 19 team this season , maybe why they are waiting until next season for the for the development league.

My view, the U19s is the best age to go into development league. its not about winning trophies in the league, although I bet a few will see it that way but tis about developing the lads for the first team.  Every one of the 67 teams in the WOS will have thought about it but working out if its feasible.
In regards to Auchinleck, what park would the development players use. Obviously Beechwood park during summer months but once the floodlights are ready is this the park they would intend to use for the u20s because if its raining a Friday night I can see the first team putting the game off so that they u20s game doesn't ruin it for the first team, and to be honest I can see this happening to a few teams - wits the throughts on this

3 hours ago, Blackie Gold said:

Doesn’t take away from my point about discussing a team that don’t have a 20’s team and talking about them co-opting an U16 team for next season...

That's part of the reason why we're taking our time over it as well and waiting to next summer. We will have a look at how it works when it actually starts and hopefully we'll have the right structure in place when we're ready to go. At the moment we're not ready.

1 hour ago, alzar7 said:

This is all encouraging but what is concerning is the big whiff and bandwagon jumping going on here.

Massive shortage of committed players at this age , teams were folding left right and centre and i'm almost certain after an initial burst many teams will go this way as the committed players or half decent quality or even of poor quality aren't there which has been shown in the last ten years.  Add to that no games for months any boys committing now mean nothing as in months time practically some are inevitably not going follow up on this. 

Much of on this looks good on paper but practically much of it doesn't add up which in my opinion will be exposed in time especially post pandemic. 

Oh come on Traffy old boy, must do better.

1/10

2 hours ago, Seasiders Youth said:

Doesn’t take away from my point about discussing a team that don’t have a 20’s team and talking about them co-opting an U16 team for next season...

Their new under 17 team will probably be better than the under 19 tbh 

6 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

My view, the U19s is the best age to go into development league. its not about winning trophies in the league, although I bet a few will see it that way but tis about developing the lads for the first team.  Every one of the 67 teams in the WOS will have thought about it but working out if its feasible.
In regards to Auchinleck, what park would the development players use. Obviously Beechwood park during summer months but once the floodlights are ready is this the park they would intend to use for the u20s because if its raining a Friday night I can see the first team putting the game off so that they u20s game doesn't ruin it for the first team, and to be honest I can see this happening to a few teams - wits the throughts on this

Theres an astro turf at Auchinleck Academy which I think the Talbot academy boys use.

3 hours ago, Seasiders Youth said:

Well take it up with the Beith fan who wrote it, I only pointed out Talbot have an u19 team.

25 minutes ago, Sgc said:

Their new under 17 team will probably be better than the under 19 tbh 

Maybe so but as long as boys enjoy the game who really cares. There has been a few diamonds plucked from lower level sides.

14 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

Maybe so but as long as boys enjoy the game who really cares. There has been a few diamonds plucked from lower level sides.

Your new under 17 team are exceptional 👍

28 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Hey Blackie Gold, thanks for that
Is the dressing rooms close to the park and is there a barrier for spectators to stand and watch the game ?

Changing rooms are in the school and the standard green fence round the pitch 

28 minutes ago, Sgc said:

Changing rooms are in the school and the standard green fence round the pitch 

Not suitable in meeting required criteria then .... I wouldn't fancy watching any games from behind a fence like that ( And might have to pay for the privilege) 

Not suitable in meeting required criteria then .... I wouldn't fancy watching any games from behind a fence like that ( And might have to pay for the privilege) 
Not quite true. The Lowland Development League don't strictly enforce that rule. If there is no barrier they "advise" that people watch the game from outside, but it is not mandatory.

1 minute ago, glensmad said:
22 minutes ago, Billy XBoswell said:

Not quite true. The Lowland Development League don't strictly enforce that rule. If there is no barrier they "advise" that people watch the game from outside, but it is not mandatory.

My understanding is that there has to be a barrier or roped off area in place otherwise you have to stand outside of cage

If some chose to ignore this rule this will be interesting .... even more so with social distancing possibly being implemented too (Standing close to coaches & players???)

Again ... as I said not keen to stand outside a cage to watch & asked to pay either, don't think it will go down well with ex Junior punters either ... IMO