West Development U20 League / Teams

This is what I do know now

Have Applied or ran an Under 20s team in season 19/20

Dunipace have an U20s confirmed but admittedly unsure at the moment for WOS or EOS
Cumbernauld Colts
Braves / Edusport
BSC
Bonnyton Thistle
Upper Annandale
Mid Annandale
Bellshill                                     New to U20s  Development  CONFIRMED
Clydebank                                New to U20s Development   CONFIRMED
Shettleston                              New to U20s Development   CONFIRMED

Troon FC                                   New to U20s Development   CONFIRMED
Vale of Leven                           New to U20s Development   CONFIRMED 
Rossvale                                   New to U20s Development   CONFIRMED
East Kilbride FC
                       New to U20s Development   CONFIRMED 

POSSIBLY; Teams who have expressed an interest (two teams from the group below I know will be applying to the U20 development league so that would take it to 14 teams from the West side and with an impressive, excellent East side, the Lowland U20s Development League looks as if is growing from strength to strength)

St Cadocs
Newmains United
Darvel
Neilston
Rutherglen Glencairn
Gartcairn
Whitletts Victoria
Johnston Burgh

Kilwinning
Pollok
Kirkintilloch Rob Roy
Largs Thistle
Irvine Meadow

Cumbernauld, Cumnock and Yoker are looking into it but think it looks like 21/22 when they are ready
Beith definitely next year 21/22

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

3 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I think it was wrong the way I posted it.
Any team can start a development squad if they have too, just take  a local u19s team and make them the development team but its my fault I'm not meaning that way or other ways, what I meant by the post is that Dalry is a sparsely populated area and its hard to get a constant supply of youths for an academy structure and again I can be wrong.

All I mean is Pollok with over 80 teams, Rossvale with over 70 teams and Clydebank over 30 teams in their academy can quite easily have a development team ready to take the reigns. so its harder for Dalry, Lugar, Kello Rovers etc.. due to area populated.

Personally Id love every frigging team to supply a development team but that's just wishful thinking on my park

Not a big deal but we’re a smaller academy no where near 30 teams. This year we have U10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 20s and 2 ams teams sat and sun. Still great progress from nothing around 5 years ago. And probably a model that suits us at the moment - keeping it manageable and not growing too quick. 

Great to have another quality team on board, thats 4 from the central premier u19s now. 

So darvel a small village club are now trying to kid on they have some grand master plan and take over a club 25 miles away that will have no link with the village, never had a link with the area and won't play in the village .

Totally defeating the purpose of having a youth team ffs anyone can do that especially with the lure of a few quid. 

It's all just lip service.

Pure pr exercise to have darvel the name associated with a club who they perceive to be successful. 

As with anything to do with this club it's all for show and words and blah blah blah we are great and doing things the right way.

We are good guys really.

What a joke. 

Edited by traffordab

So darvel a small village club are now trying to kid on they have some grand master plan and take over a club 25 miles away that will have no link with the village, never had a link with the area and won't play in the village .
Totally defeating the purpose of having a youth team ffs anyone can do that especially with the lure of a few quid. 
Pure pr exercise to have darvel the name associated with a club who they perceive to be successful. 
As with anything to do with this club it's all for show and words and blah blah blah we are great and doing things the right way.
We are good guys really.
What a joke. 
The joke's on you every time you post. [emoji23]

Guest Mick Kennedy
22 minutes ago, traffordab said:

We are good guys really.

What a joke. 

We aren’t taking over any club, the Glenvale 2003 management team approached the club asking could they take over the running of the Darvel west of Scotland under 20s. They will be bringing the core of their squad and adding additional players. 

We aren’t taking over any club, the Glenvale 2003 management team approached the club asking could they take over the running of the Darvel west of Scotland under 20s. They will be bringing the core of their squad and adding additional players. 
Its no exactly local as you said they will bring more or less a full squad no giving much of a chance for local lads to get into the team. Poor show tbh I am so glad we are keeping it local and giving the lads a pathway into there local junior team [emoji837][emoji835][emoji837][emoji835][emoji837][emoji835]

51 minutes ago, Whittlets vic said:

Its no exactly local as you said they will bring more or less a full squad no giving much of a chance for local lads to get into the team. Poor show tbh I am so glad we are keeping it local and giving the lads a pathway into there local junior team emoji837.pngemoji835.pngemoji837.pngemoji835.pngemoji837.pngemoji835.png

I tried to resist posting earlier and look like a right smart arse therefore pleased that you made comments about this one ....

BUT I TOLD YOU SO ..... And it didn't take long either 😎

Guest Mick Kennedy
1 hour ago, Whittlets vic said:

Its no exactly local as you said they will bring more or less a full squad no giving much of a chance for local lads to get into the team. Poor show tbh I am so glad we are keeping it local and giving the lads a pathway into there local junior team emoji837.pngemoji835.pngemoji837.pngemoji835.pngemoji837.pngemoji835.png

There will be opportunities for local lads, that will come from the partnership with Galston. It’s another step in the pipeline has been created, that has been created  to allow the pipeline to be fully functional. 

The new management team will work closely with Galston to identify current players with the youth and academy. We will also be looking to carry out a. recruitment drive locally for the team for the season staring. 

Edited by Mick Kennedy

1 hour ago, Billy XBoswell said:

I tried to resist posting earlier and look like a right smart arse therefore pleased that you made comments about this one ....

BUT I TOLD YOU SO ..... And it didn't take long either 😎

Mick - a wouldnt lower yourself to respond here. This is coming from a man that went into hiding after ridiculing a cancer victim, which happened to be a Darvel Fan (if you go back in Darvel thread far enough its all in black and white). Clearly no morals especially of someone who cliams to be a professional by day job yet trolling people behind a keyboard!

Wants to bring us down about our future of youth development (as with his own son going through youth football, he has an expert opinion ofcourse) - hardly a role model for anyone, let alone being able to have an opinion on what kids youth development should look like!

2 hours ago, Whittlets vic said:

has Whitletts decided to put a team into the Lowland Under 20's Development League? There was mention of this being a possibility somewhere on P&B recently.

29 minutes ago, Darvel_Marvel said:

Mick - a wouldnt lower yourself to respond here. This is coming from a man that went into hiding after ridiculing a cancer victim, which happened to be a Darvel Fan (if you go back in Darvel thread far enough its all in black and white). Clearly no morals especially of someone who cliams to be a professional by day job yet trolling people behind a keyboard!

Wants to bring us down about our future of youth development (as with his own son going through youth football, he has an expert opinion ofcourse) - hardly a role model for anyone, let alone being able to have an opinion on what kids youth development should look like!

Bollocks ... Fake News Guy 

Your supporter got involved when he shouldn't & didn't realise what shit he was getting in to .... unfortunately my Crystal Ball wasn't working AND when I did f ind out about this i apologised to him & wished him all the best ... that's you again trying to put a spin on something so low

Oh and by the way ... so much for knowing all about me ya twat .....

I left this after getting threats from you & your posse but hat wasn't the only thing, I lost my mother at same time to cancer & 6 months later my father ... so if you want to get personal maybe you should come out from behind your keyboard!!!!

Okay .... I will admit that I was out of order saying that  Chapman's of Wishaw make better pies but that's my opinion 

PS ... remind me WHO IS THE TROLL????

Edited by Billy XBoswell

5 hours ago, Mick Kennedy said:

Under 16 s last year would surely be 2004 and not 2003 ? 

On 20/05/2020 at 20:47, Bestsinceslicebread said:

This is what I do know now

Have confirmed Officially that they have or are applying or ran an Under 20s team in season 19/20.
Nothing is guaranteed until after June the 15th when deadline for applications

Dunipace have an U20s confirmed but admittedly unsure at the moment for WOS or EOS
Cumbernauld Colts
Braves / Edusport
BSC
Bonnyton Thistle
Upper Annandale
Mid Annandale
Bellshill                                     New to U20s  Development  CONFIRMED
Clydebank                                New to U20s Development   CONFIRMED
Shettleston                              New to U20s Development   CONFIRMED

Troon FC                                   New to U20s Development   CONFIRMED
Vale of Leven                           New to U20s Development   CONFIRMED 
Rossvale                                   New to U20s Development   CONFIRMED
East Kilbride FC                       New to U20s Development   CONFIRMED
Carluke Rovers FC                   New to U20s Development   CONFIRMED
Darvel FC          
                      New to U20s Development   CONFIRMED

St Cadocs YC                            New to U20s Development   CONFIRMED  

POSSIBLY; Teams who have expressed an interest (two teams from the group below I know will be applying to the U20 development league so that would take it to 14 teams from the West side and with an impressive, excellent East side, the Lowland U20s Development League looks as if is growing from strength to strength)

Newmains United
Neilston
Rutherglen Glencairn
Gartcairn
Whitletts Victoria
Johnston Burgh
Yoker

Kilwinning
Pollok
Kirkintilloch Rob Roy
Largs Thistle
Irvine Meadow

Cumbernauld and Cumnock are looking into it but think it looks like 21/22 when they are ready
Beith definitely next year 21/22

Got a little info that Yoker might be perusing an application to join for this coming season

7 hours ago, Mick Kennedy said:

Change of tune there! Says on there that you approached them 

C1C5B089-D4A6-4C9D-B15C-4C4F6EFD9320.jpeg

Carluke Join u20 development league.

Fergie and Soutar Return

Former Carluke Rovers hitman Stephen Ferguson returns to the Rovers as manager of Carluke Rovers Under 20's.

Fergie will also be joined by former Rovers defender Willie Soutar who will be his assistant.

With years of experience between them they are sure to bring their own style and ideas to the Under 20's.

The Committee, Management and Players at Carluke Rovers wish Fergie and Soutar all the best for the new season.

Great to see you both back at the Rovers guys.FB_IMG_1590085778738.jpeg

4 hours ago, Darvel_Marvel said:

Hey Fake News Guy ..... Any update on "SweetieGate Scandal" since last time i was on here or was it just swept under the table?

MIck .... This is The Grass I was telling you about .... watch out mate 😈

Anyways folks

it looks as if there is going to be a strong contingent of West sided teams in the Lowland U20 Development league.
With the Lowland league rising from 29 teams (19/20) to over 50 teams (20/21)

Exciting times ahead for the whole Lowland Development league and football in general