Jump to content
Bestsinceslicebread

West Development U20 League / Teams

Recommended Posts

Don’t think there’s any guarantee of a west league and teams should be aware of that...but given the movement we’ve seen it very much looks like that will happen so no idea where they have got that information from. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are just people who don't fully understand the concept, how things are run or do the right research with the right people.
Shettleston are wrong, there are plenty of teams going Under20s from the West side,
I would expect Shettleston realised they didn't have enough players for the Under 20s as most players from the U21s are not eligible to play at U20s.

There are two conferences at the moment with 29 teams, one of which wont be renewing this year, (Newtongrange) but there are about 4 teams starting from the new East of Scotland teams and right now from information I've received there is about 15 odd teams from the West side which include the 6 teams from the west who are Bonnyton, Cumbernauld Colts, Bsc, Mid Annandale, Upper Annandale and Caledonian braves.

As BTID says above, All U20s teams are applying for the Lowland u20s development league and right now that means its an all-in but the U20s chairman and secretary think if there's  enough its most likely they will start a U20s West region and 2 x East regions, but this will be voted by from all clubs once all clubs are confirmed and accepted.
I've spoked to quite a few East teams who are over the moon at the new u20s movement on the West side and all that I've spoken too would be happy if there's a west region and all the west teams would be happy at a west region and a east region.

 

if the Shettleston statement is official then its totally naïve from someone who doesn't know the ins and outs.

I will say I have seen nothing on any official Shettleston twitter or Facebook announcing the U20s is finished and that the U21s is starting up again.
only seen it on Shettleston U21s facebook

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Shettleston will have an Under20s development team ...dont know whats happened ...the in or outs.....but just been told this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Always going to be a tricky one to manage a 21s and 20s I reckon, unless the 21s are disconnected from the first team being a Saturday afternoon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Always going to be a tricky one to manage a 21s and 20s I reckon, unless the 21s are disconnected from the first team being a Saturday afternoon.
That's what we're looking at just now. We have a long standing relationship with the SYFA West u21s, but we are very interested in the u20s Development League. It's how or when we do it that we need to decide. There's no immediate rush to decide, we have until 15th June if we want to join now, so we're weighing up all the options.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, glensmad said:
50 minutes ago, BTID said:
Always going to be a tricky one to manage a 21s and 20s I reckon, unless the 21s are disconnected from the first team being a Saturday afternoon.

That's what we're looking at just now. We have a long standing relationship with the SYFA West u21s, but we are very interested in the u20s Development League. It's how or when we do it that we need to decide. There's no immediate rush to decide, we have until 15th June if we want to join now, so we're weighing up all the options.

Agreed there is no rush, and remember the u20s and u21s are two separate entities. The Under 21s come under the SYFA and the U20s comes under the SFA/Lowland League.
The U20s is run by the senior team and the U21s are either separately run or part of a youth academy.
If any Shettleston has a U20s and an Under 21s, or any team for that matter which has both then that would be fantastic as its keeping lads involved in football

 

This is what I do know now
 

Have Applied or ran an Under 20s team in season 19/20

Dunipace have an U20s confirmed but admittedly unsure at the moment for WOS or EOS
Cumbernauld Colts
Braves / Edusport
BSC
Bonnyton Thistle
Upper Annandale
Mid Annandale
Bellshill                                     New to U20s  Development  CONFIRMED
Clydebank                                New to U20s Development   CONFIRMED
Shettleston                              New to U20s Development   CONFIRMED

Troon FC                                   New to U20s Development   CONFIRMED
Vale of Leven                           New to U20s Development   CONFIRMED 
Rossvale                                   New to U20s Development   CONFIRMED 

 

POSSIBLY; Teams who have expressed an interest (two teams from the group below I know will be applying to the U20 development league so that would take it to 14 teams from the West side and with an impressive, excellent East side, the Lowland U20s Development League looks as if is growing from strength to strength)

Kilwinning
Pollok
East Kilbride
Kirkintilloch Rob Roy
Largs Thistle
Irvine Meadow

St Cadocs
Newmains United
Darvel
Neilston
Rutherglen Glencairn
Gartcairn

I'm now expecting at least 4 from the possible group above to apply to join the Lowland U20s Development league

Cumbernauld, Cumnock and Yoker are looking into it but think it looks like 21/22 when they are ready
Beith definitely next year 21/22

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Agreed there is no rush, and remember the u20s and u21s are two separate entities. The Under 21s come under the SYFA and the U20s comes under the SFA/Lowland League.
The U20s is run by the senior team and the U21s are either separately run or part of a youth academy.
If any Shettleston has a U20s and an Under 21s, or any team for that matter which has both then that would be fantastic as its keeping lads involved in football

 

This is what I do know now
 

Have Applied or ran an Under 20s team in season 19/20

Dunipace have an U20s confirmed but admittedly unsure at the moment for WOS or EOS
Cumbernauld Colts
Braves / Edusport
BSC
Bonnyton Thistle
Upper Annandale
Mid Annandale
Bellshill                                     New to U20s  Development  CONFIRMED
Clydebank                                New to U20s Development   CONFIRMED
Shettleston                              New to U20s Development   CONFIRMED

Troon FC                                   New to U20s Development   CONFIRMED
Vale of Leven                           New to U20s Development   CONFIRMED 
Rossvale                                   New to U20s Development   CONFIRMED 

 

POSSIBLY; Teams who have expressed an interest (two teams from the group below I know will be applying to the U20 development league so that would take it to 14 teams from the West side and with an impressive, excellent East side, the Lowland U20s Development League looks as if is growing from strength to strength)

Kilwinning
Pollok
East Kilbride
Kirkintilloch Rob Roy
Largs Thistle
Irvine Meadow

St Cadocs
Newmains United
Darvel
Neilston
Rutherglen Glencairn
Gartcairn

I'm now expecting at least 4 from the possible group above to apply to join the Lowland U20s Development league

Cumbernauld, Cumnock and Yoker are looking into it but think it looks like 21/22 when they are ready
Beith definitely next year 21/22

it will be interesting to see if Darvel enter an U20's team for 2020/21 & if so where the squad will come from, Glasgow area £££?

As far as I know the new affiliation with Galston Youth did not have any U12, 17, 19's this season, so no natural progression/pathway to U20's

One of their posters pointed out on here that some of their teams have to travel to Auchinleck etc. therefore I  cant see how this is going to get better if they are gong to introduce another 4 teams/squads to area.... just a thought as  not only for this area but others too. I have noticed this is past when SPL Clubs started their own Academies & bumped out local Boys Clubs from the schools that had new 3G pitches installed 

Interesting time ahead now that ex Juniors are interested in local Boys Clubs (And Girls teams)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, glensmad said:
10 hours ago, BTID said:
Always going to be a tricky one to manage a 21s and 20s I reckon, unless the 21s are disconnected from the first team being a Saturday afternoon.

That's what we're looking at just now. We have a long standing relationship with the SYFA West u21s, but we are very interested in the u20s Development League. It's how or when we do it that we need to decide. There's no immediate rush to decide, we have until 15th June if we want to join now, so we're weighing up all the options.

Though you cannot (as easily) use the U21 players in Senior football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Mick Kennedy
33 minutes ago, Billy XBoswell said:

it will be interesting to see if Darvel enter an U20's team for 2020/21 & if so where the squad will come from, Glasgow area £££?

As far as I know the new affiliation with Galston Youth did not have any U12, 17, 19's this season, so no natural progression/pathway to U20's

One of their posters pointed out on here that some of their teams have to travel to Auchinleck etc. therefore I  cant see how this is going to get better if they are gong to introduce another 4 teams/squads to area.... just a thought as  not only for this area but others too. I have noticed this is past when SPL Clubs started their own Academies & bumped out local Boys Clubs from the schools that had new 3G pitches installed 

Interesting time ahead now that ex Juniors are interested in local Boys Clubs (And Girls teams)

 

 

Thank you Billy, we where just saying the other day how we appreciate you take the time to check what’s going on with the club and now Galston Youth. 
 

Just to let you know, we will be entering a team into the under 20s development league. Sorry they won’t be coming from Glasgow area, not sure what the reference is to Glasgow and £££. However hopefully we will have some news out today regarding the new under 20s. If you can’t contain your excitement until then,  if you DM me I’m happy to let you know what’s  happening. I know how interested you are with whats going on, so don’t mind keeping you in the loop. 
 

With regards to the gap in the pipeline and lack of facilities, this is one of the main reason we decided to create a joint trust. We wanted to ensure that we created opportunities for all kids in the valley and this wasn’t restricted  by age. We are also aware that there is a lack of sporting facilities within valley, and if we aim to create and develop opportunities for local kids and their families this needs to be addressed. We will work collaboratively with local and strategic partners, to set out aims and objectives that will allow us to begin to map out this journey and what’s required.

When society begins to return to normality we will set out to engage with the community and relevant stake holders ensuring the process it lead and owned by the community. The trust will be a vehicle to ensure we deliver on their aspirations. 

I believe you have close links with Bonnyton Thistle who have a great academy. If you want to give us any advice we are happy to listen.

Take care and stay safe 

 

 

 

Edited by Mick Kennedy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Though you cannot (as easily) use the U21 players in Senior football.
That is under discussion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mick Kennedy said:

Thank you Billy, we where just saying the other day how we appreciate you take the time to check whatS going on with the club and now Galston Youth. 
 

Just to let you know, we will be entering a team into the under 20s development league. Sorry they won’t be coming from Glasgow area, not sure what the reference is to Glasgow and £££. However hopefully we will have some news out today regarding the new under 20s. If you can’t contain your excitement until then,  if you DM me I’m happy to let you know what happening. I know how interested you are with what going on, so don’t mind keeping you in the loop. 
 

With regards to the gap in the pipeline and lack of facilities, this one of the main reason we decided to create a joint trust. We wanted to ensure that we created opportunities for all kids in the valley and this wasn’t restricted  by age. We are also aware that there is a lack of sporting facilities within valley, and if we aim to create and develop opportunities for local kids and their families this need to be addressed. We will work collaboratively with local and strategic partners, to set out aims and objectives that will allow us to begin to map this journey out and what required.

When society begins to return to normality we will set out to engage with the community and relevant stake holders ensuring the process it lead and owned by the community. The trust will be a vehicle to ensure we deliver on their aspirations. 

I believe you have close links with Bonnyton Thistle who have a great academy. If you want to give us any advice we are happy to listen.

Take care and stay safe 

 

 

 

Hi Mick

Good to hear from you & TBH a wee bit surprised that you have taken the time & effort to respond, I don't know you personally but you & your minions seem to be really interested in me in the past, threatening to "Grass me in" to my bosses etc. but if that's the way you conduct your business then Hey Ho

I have a lot of experience in past regarding PPI, Sports Scotland etc. and willing to share at a cost of course £££

Please, feel free to DM me anytime that suits you with any questions

PS ... I am an admirer only of Bonnyton Thistle & their set up & that says a lot coming from a lad from AYR

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Mick Kennedy
5 minutes ago, Billy XBoswell said:

Hi Mick

Good to hear from you & TBH a wee bit surprised that you have taken the time & effort to respond, I don't know you personally but you & your minions seem to be really interested in me in the past, threatening to "Grass me in" to my bosses etc. but if that's the way you conduct your business then Hey Ho

I have a lot of experience in past regarding PPI, Sports Scotland etc. and willing to share at a cost of course £££

Please, feel free to DM me anytime that suits you with any questions

PS ... I am an admirer only of Bonnyton Thistle & their set up & that says a lot coming from a lad from AYR

 

Hi,

I can’t speak for anyone else, but I wasn’t aware of you until recently. I certainly have no interest in grassing you in to anyone, I haven’t seen anything from your post that would merit that action, nor would I threaten to even if there was. 
 

Thank you for you offer of support, will be back in touch when we are further down the process.

I’m also an admirer of Bonnytons set up, it’s looks fantastic 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mick Kennedy said:

Hi,

I can’t speak for anyone else, but I wasn’t aware of you until recently. I certainly have no interest in grassing you in to anyone, I haven’t seen anything from your post that would merit that action, nor would I threaten to even if there was. 
 

Thank you for you offer of support, will be back in touch when we are further down the process.

I’m also an admirer of Bonnytons set up, it’s looks fantastic 

Appreciate your kind words re Bonnyton & welcome to The Seniors

Unfortunately you have a "Bad Apple" in you cart and the stigma attached to him will not be easy to shake off, the same guy (On your committee) does not share your admiration for Bonnyton & TBH has been disrespectful to several teams, coaches, facilities on here in the past

All the best to you & keep fighting your corner & I am sure will catch up soon & have a laugh

Billy

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Mick Kennedy said:

Thank you Billy, we where just saying the other day how we appreciate you take the time to check what’s going on with the club and now Galston Youth. 
 

Just to let you know, we will be entering a team into the under 20s development league. Sorry they won’t be coming from Glasgow area, not sure what the reference is to Glasgow and £££. However hopefully we will have some news out today regarding the new under 20s. If you can’t contain your excitement until then,  if you DM me I’m happy to let you know what’s  happening. I know how interested you are with whats going on, so don’t mind keeping you in the loop. 
 

With regards to the gap in the pipeline and lack of facilities, this is one of the main reason we decided to create a joint trust. We wanted to ensure that we created opportunities for all kids in the valley and this wasn’t restricted  by age. We are also aware that there is a lack of sporting facilities within valley, and if we aim to create and develop opportunities for local kids and their families this needs to be addressed. We will work collaboratively with local and strategic partners, to set out aims and objectives that will allow us to begin to map out this journey and what’s required.

When society begins to return to normality we will set out to engage with the community and relevant stake holders ensuring the process it lead and owned by the community. The trust will be a vehicle to ensure we deliver on their aspirations. 

I believe you have close links with Bonnyton Thistle who have a great academy. If you want to give us any advice we are happy to listen.

Take care and stay safe 

 

 

 

Great news Mick, if you need any info on the new setup give us a shout we can either speak from experience (application process/phone calls) or pass on to good people we’ve spoken to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Billy coming off as a bit of a rocket here.

Mick, you should be the spokesman instead of DL. It looks like there is some excellent long term development work going on at Darvel, and maybe isn’t getting the praise it deserves. DL is deflecting from the good work that’s going on at Darvel by his stupid and egotistic antagonising posts.

How he hasn’t been reigned in by now is beyond me, considering it seems to be a pretty professional approach to things behind the scenes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, geo87 said:

Billy coming off as a bit of a rocket here.

Mick, you should be the spokesman instead of DL. It looks like there is some excellent long term development work going on at Darvel, and maybe isn’t getting the praise it deserves. DL is deflecting from the good work that’s going on at Darvel by his stupid and egotistic antagonising posts.

How he hasn’t been reigned in by now is beyond me, considering it seems to be a pretty professional approach to things behind the scenes

Rocket???

Your just repeating what I have implied ??? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Mick Kennedy
27 minutes ago, BTID said:

Great news Mick, if you need any info on the new setup give us a shout we can either speak from experience (application process/phone calls) or pass on to good people we’ve spoken to.

Thanks mate really appreciate it, we will defo be in touch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, glensmad said:
1 hour ago, cmontheloknow said:
Though you cannot (as easily) use the U21 players in Senior football.

That is under discussion.

EoS clubs I am sure want it changed too. H

Highland just sign the players then put them on a delayed transfer to the SYFA side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EoS clubs I am sure want it changed too. H
Highland just sign the players then put them on a delayed transfer to the SYFA side.
Yes, I understand that the SYFA have agreements with the Highland League and the SJFA, but not the Lowland League region. But discussions are taking place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, glensmad said:
37 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:
EoS clubs I am sure want it changed too. H
Highland just sign the players then put them on a delayed transfer to the SYFA side.

Yes, I understand that the SYFA have agreements with the Highland League and the SJFA, but not the Lowland League region. But discussions are taking place.

Think the Highland in same boat - likesay, they sign the player then loan him out to the SYFA side. A reverse of what happens between SYFA and SJFA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...