West Development U20 League / Teams

On 08/03/2022 at 22:20, archieb said:

This isn't the school playground, you stick of charcoal. They're our registered players, it up to us to offer them a place to train and play (1st team squad, u21s). If you want any of them for your own team, offer a transfer fee.

I just read this.  Sorry but what a stupid reply.  These are young lads, most wont make the grade so if a team offers them a place you let them go to stay in the game, unless there's a player on the fringes of the first team.  Imagine that, everyone knowing that as a young player of 18/19 your being kept if you team folds and theres no team to play in, ffs, no one will want to go to the Lok.  All these lads heads will be down, some taking it harder than others, they need help and as a club you help anyway you can, not keep them and asking for a fee for U20s players, I'm shocked you would even consider this.  You can offer them out on loan to a lower level first team

Most wont make the first team and the U21s play on a Saturday so why would any of the lads want to go there as its a dead duck except they are playing football but most of those lads in the development team have aspirations to make the first team level so they know no one looks at U21 football anymore

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

On 09/03/2022 at 18:58, passbackdave said:

Why has costs of pitches and training just came up? Aint use been paying that all season? Surely use cant use that as an excuse????  Sour grapes cos use lost the league id say 

Mon the papers 

Pollok were never a team who were going to win or be near for the league, infact everyone knew it was going to be Clydebank who wins the league.  Absolutely nothing about sour grapes, your blinkered if you think so.    The manager I know worked shifts so made it hard but there were other problems which in fact have bene going on for a while but as i said in a earlier post a page behind, this is a learning curve for everyone and there will be problems and mistakes along the way, problems that will be overcome, problems that will have teams fold etc...  happening to  a lot of teams in the U20s development league

On 09/03/2022 at 17:34, maggotman said:

Probably look to the players who didn’t turn up for matches. Think they only had 9 or 10 players turning up for some games

There's reasons and usually a main reason why they don't have enough players at training. These lads are now in a brand new top level of youth football, obviously excluding professional youth level, so these guys need natured, excellent training as they want to be developed, some might work shifts, some might not make training or games for multitude of reasons but as a club you have to help and see where it goes and if it continues then the lads will probably move on

1 hour ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Pollok were never a team who were going to win or be near for the league, infact everyone knew it was going to be Clydebank who wins the league.  Absolutely nothing about sour grapes, your blinkered if you think so.    The manager I know worked shifts so made it hard but there were other problems which in fact have bene going on for a while but as i said in a earlier post a page behind, this is a learning curve for everyone and there will be problems and mistakes along the way, problems that will be overcome, problems that will have teams fold etc...  happening to  a lot of teams in the U20s development league

Really??? Pollok were only team 2 beat use in league. At start of season how did everyone think it was our league??? Our manager n coach had 2 build a new side and tbh we played johnstone burgh in friendly and they battered us. For pollok 2 pull out league 1 game from us being champions is sour grapes u know it pollok lnkws it the whole league knows it and BJK also lol 

Mon the papers

11 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I just read this.  Sorry but what a stupid reply.  These are young lads, most wont make the grade so if a team offers them a place you let them go to stay in the game, unless there's a player on the fringes of the first team.  Imagine that, everyone knowing that as a young player of 18/19 your being kept if you team folds and theres no team to play in, ffs, no one will want to go to the Lok.  All these lads heads will be down, some taking it harder than others, they need help and as a club you help anyway you can, not keep them and asking for a fee for U20s players, I'm shocked you would even consider this.  You can offer them out on loan to a lower level first team

Most wont make the first team and the U21s play on a Saturday so why would any of the lads want to go there as its a dead duck except they are playing football but most of those lads in the development team have aspirations to make the first team level so they know no one looks at U21 football anymore

Why is U21s a dead duck

Teams in that league are still getting players took from them

We have lost 3 players during the season 

I know other teams who have lost players

So you don't really know what you are talking about

We are still a bridge between development and first team as many boys just aren't ready yet

10 hours ago, Uncle Scan said:

Why is U21s a dead duck

Teams in that league are still getting players took from them

We have lost 3 players during the season 

I know other teams who have lost players

So you don't really know what you are talking about

We are still a bridge between development and first team as many boys just aren't ready yet

Honestly, you serious.  I never said boys don't get picked up but its very less chance.
Why ?

No one from the senior leagues, especially the top look at this level and most don't know much about it.

*The league has been dwindling for years and years

*How many U21 leagues were operating 10 year ago

*How many are operating now

*How many divisions are in the WOS U21 league

and please don't post things stating people don't know anything a bout it when they know exactly how the U21 leagues have been running and indepth about U20 development league and the operations of other U19, now U18s, U17s etc...

On 13/03/2022 at 10:32, Uncle Scan said:

On 13/03/2022 at 00:22, passbackdave said:

Really??? Pollok were only team 2 beat use in league. At start of season how did everyone think it was our league??? Our manager n coach had 2 build a new side and tbh we played johnstone burgh in friendly and they battered us. For pollok 2 pull out league 1 game from us being champions is sour grapes u know it pollok lnkws it the whole league knows it and BJK also lol 

Mon the papers

Your reply tells me a lot

The Pollok team were a complete new team as all the U19s players the previous season were binned as the new manager then never looked at those boys and they were given a text to say they weren't needed.  So the manager brought the team he ran the previous season. I could go into more indepth but i wont on here.

Johnstone Burgh were one of the stronger teams, known by most that they would push Clydebank but everyone knew Clydebank were far and above the favorites and this isn't even in the west side view, quite a few on the east side know how strong the Clydebank U20s are.

'Our manager n coach had 2 build a new side'

Again this tells me what your knowledge is

The team hasn't changed that Much in the past 3 years, a few players here and there but the core of the team for even more than 3 years is still there.  Most are officially too old for the league this season but were given a reprieve this season (because of covid) so at the start of the seaosn the whole team was made up of players born in 01 when officially 01 are too old this season. Most of the team are moving onto a different level as at U20 this is their final year, (and 02s), so the Clydebank team next year will nearly be full of players that have never sampled U20s football.

Honestly who the feck is sour grapes over this, I'm actually laughing like feck here as i don't support Pollok and only interested in a high standard league and anyone who thinks it's sour grape is a fool, the best team will win the league hands down, (FACT).  If you support a team, Clydebank, Pollok, Auchinleck etc.. you can get caught up in this pie and bovril crap but don't state stuff straight away, stand back, take a deep breath and think before posting. 

Me personally, I go to U20s games and first teams games as I enjoy watching any team and I pick what game to go and all I want to see is a high standard of technical football form both team where the lads are developing fast.  if you want a detailed listing and approval of each u20s team in the Glasgow and Lanarkshire leagues then I can as I've watched nearly them all.

Oh and by the way, in realty, Clydebank should have been in the official top conference U20 league (A) and I'd probably think they would win it if they were but there was, well i think,  a bit of jiggery pokery going on and they were left out, even though most knew this U20 Clydebank team are the real deal.

6 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Your reply tells me a lot

The Pollok team were a complete new team as all the U19s players the previous season were binned as the new manager then never looked at those boys and they were given a text to say they weren't needed.  So the manager brought the team he ran the previous season. I could go into more indepth but i wont on here.

Johnstone Burgh were one of the stronger teams, known by most that they would push Clydebank but everyone knew Clydebank were far and above the favorites and this isn't even in the west side view, quite a few on the east side know how strong the Clydebank U20s are.

'Our manager n coach had 2 build a new side'

Again this tells me what your knowledge is

The team hasn't changed that Much in the past 3 years, a few players here and there but the core of the team for even more than 3 years is still there.  Most are officially too old for the league this season but were given a reprieve this season (because of covid) so at the start of the seaosn the whole team was made up of players born in 01 when officially 01 are too old this season. Most of the team are moving onto a different level as at U20 this is their final year, (and 02s), so the Clydebank team next year will nearly be full of players that have never sampled U20s football.

Honestly who the feck is sour grapes over this, I'm actually laughing like feck here as i don't support Pollok and only interested in a high standard league and anyone who thinks it's sour grape is a fool, the best team will win the league hands down, (FACT).  If you support a team, Clydebank, Pollok, Auchinleck etc.. you can get caught up in this pie and bovril crap but don't state stuff straight away, stand back, take a deep breath and think before posting. 

Me personally, I go to U20s games and first teams games as I enjoy watching any team and I pick what game to go and all I want to see is a high standard of technical football form both team where the lads are developing fast.  if you want a detailed listing and approval of each u20s team in the Glasgow and Lanarkshire leagues then I can as I've watched nearly them all.

Oh look at me i goto a different ground every week cos the missus kicks me out the house cos she said am a boring cant lol away pour yourself a wee whiskey and think about the sh#te u post . Yes clydebank did have 2 basically rebuild the side but we have some players and it was more our reputation that made us favourites for the league. The boys have been great this season and r getting the league trophy on friday u should come down watch us u never know u might enjoy yourself lol 

Mon the papers 

On 13/03/2022 at 21:23, passbackdave said:

Oh look at me i goto a different ground every week cos the missus kicks me out the house cos she said am a boring cant lol away pour yourself a wee whiskey and think about the sh#te u post . Yes clydebank did have 2 basically rebuild the side but we have some players and it was more our reputation that made us favourites for the league. The boys have been great this season and r getting the league trophy on friday u should come down watch us u never know u might enjoy yourself lol 

Mon the papers 

Your talking shite, I can name the team from 3 year ago, I can name the team now and there's not much different except a few players here and there which is usually the normal for a youth team with a couple of changes.  there was no rebuilding to be done. Infact if you look at all the teams in Conference A that have been going for past few years, Clydebank is the one with the least changes.  It wasn't your reputation that made you favorites. they are favorites because everyone who worked in the level or been constantly at the level know how good the team have been, are and is.  

Pmsl, after reading the bold part even the Clydebank U20s managers will probably tell you to shut your mouth on here and yeah, go and ask him why he will tell you to shut up.     I'm not being bitchy or sour grapes or anything trying to get one over you but you really don't have a clue about this level, seriously you don't, this is a youth team that has been very strong for a number of years and really haven't changed much.
The only player who has left this team to be a consistent player with the first team is the U20s left back, the rest have been getting a sub  and even on for 10/20 mins game here and there but 4 of the U20s players have had a number of games.   Obviously covid has had a huge effect and boys have given up and some have joined, so I would expect the team to bring in 3 or 4 new players per season.  There was definitely no rebuilding to be done and even the coaching staff will admit that as, they took or a complete team from the previous management, one of the strongest in Scotland at their age range and have slowly brought player sin where they felt they needed or players who came along.

The current management have done a great job keeping the standard high and developing the players which I'm sure all the lads are learning and progressing at a high standard.  To add, I really hope the management team stay and keep developing the Clydebank U20s and work hand in hand with the Clydebank Academy to bring local boys through the grade

46 minutes ago, Dougr said:

Says the guy who's worked his way round a host of development clubs and been chased from everyone what was last one bottom of table Rossvale. 

Every time they have been better when someone else has taken over after you have left a club in the in the lurch eh Fran. 

Clueless moron on here preaching. 

Pmsl trafforddddddddddddd   lolol   we all thought you had a heart attack, me and Passback are having an enlightened conversation that is reality, you stick to what you know best.....   waits, try's to think of something, yeeha works it out,   not talking it, but eating crap  lololol.  Thought you stuck to the juniors, 

13 hours ago, gaz1959 said:

The West of Scotland conferences were regionalised at the request of the clubs as this is their 1st season. 20/21 would been their 1st season, but the season did not start due to Covid.

Not true, there was nothing at the request of the clubs... clubs were simply told what conferences they were in with one being "facilitated" as to where they wanted to play.

On 13/03/2022 at 21:34, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Your talking shite, I can name the team from 3 year ago, I can name the team now and there's not much different except a few players here and there which is usually the normal for a youth team with a couple of changes.  there was no rebuilding to be done. Infact if you look at all the teams in Conference A that have been going for past few years, Clydebank is the one with the least changes.  It wasn't your reputation that made you favorites. they are favorites because everyone who worked in the level or been constantly at the level know how good the team have been, are and is.  

Pmsl, after reading the bold part even the Clydebank U20s managers will probably tell you to shut your mouth on here and yeah, go and ask him why he will tell you to shut up.     I'm not being bitchy or sour grapes or anything trying to get one over you but you really don't have a clue about this level, seriously you don't, this is a youth team that has been very strong for a number of years and really haven't changed much.
The only player who has left this team to be a consistent player with the first team is the U20s left back, the rest have been getting a sub  and even on for 10/20 mins game here and there but 4 of the U20s players have had a number of games.   Obviously covid has had a huge effect and boys have given up and some have joined, so I would expect the team to bring in 3 or 4 new players per season.  There was definitely no rebuilding to be done and even the coaching staff will admit that as, they took or a complete team from the previous management, one of the strongest in Scotland at their age range and have slowly brought player sin where they felt they needed or players who came along.

The current management have done a great job keeping the standard high and developing the players which I'm sure all the lads are learning and progressing at a high standard.  To add, I really hope the management team stay and keep developing the Clydebank U20s and work hand in hand with the Clydebank Academy to bring local boys through the grade

M8 go on then name the team from 3 years ago and the team from the last game and we will c the difference. 2 say only our LB oisin is only player 2 get regular game from 20s is untrue. This season oisin has been a 1st team player as has jamie stevenson. Weve also had ross alexander and matt mclean come thru from previous team. Matt mclean is still playing for us think hes in his 4th or 5th season with club. Brilliant fae matt. 1 more thing we only have 1 manager scott carson the rest r coaches (a couple of them r my m8s) 

Mon the papers 

Mon the champions 

On 15/03/2022 at 22:48, passbackdave said:

M8 go on then name the team from 3 years ago and the team from the last game and we will c the difference. 2 say only our LB oisin is only player 2 get regular game from 20s is untrue. This season oisin has been a 1st team player as has jamie stevenson. Weve also had ross alexander and matt mclean come thru from previous team. Matt mclean is still playing for us think hes in his 4th or 5th season with club. Brilliant fae matt. 1 more thing we only have 1 manager scott carson the rest r coaches (a couple of them r my m8s) 

Mon the papers 

Mon the champions 

You still on about this, you genuinely don't have a clue, as I said you've spouted your mouth off saying everyone is sour grapes towards The Bankies U20s winning and that it was a rebuild, you are so wrong on all counts

I'm genuinely glad the coaches are your M8s

I get it your a Bankies fan, have been for a long time and probably will continue for a long time to come but if your gonna spout, lets be diplomatic and say incorrect information, then you will be pulled for it as any of us would be pulled for

Just make one thing clear, the team has NEVER been a rebuild, just over the past couple of years its been natural changes. The nucleus of the team has been the same for since about 2015, (even earlier but I'm unsure), that I remember, probably refreshing with a couple of players every year, during this time the academy but would need to be ready to refill the dev team in the future and as the academy was growing in the past couple of years everyone knew the U20 team was full of the same age groups, all (01s except 1 player an 02 who is still there) and that was when the development league was supposed to start and Scott, Paul and the rest of them inherited the team from the pervious coaches and again then the type of play for that Bankies team was known as a pure footballing side of which the now coaches have pushed the team further.  When they took over they needed a keeper and another center half straight away, the rest has just been progression. As I said i hope that the coaches stay and try to develop the team next season as that will be the start of a huge rebuild. I will say in the past couple of years there maybe been about 3 or 4 players joining and refreshing but as I said, the main stay players have been there.

p.s. two players, (might even have been 4 but cant remember), including Oisin signed duel contracts with the first team, (Kieran McAnespie was manager) before the current U20s coaching staff took over the team and 4 players had already sampled first team games, ( 1 of the players has left and the other 3 are still there).

As i said, the sour grapes is really in your head as most, not all but most coaches, management at that level want to see their players develop and progress to the first team and have the same view of young opposition players to do the same

spelling and adding previous Clydebank manager details

Vale of Leven 3-2 Bonnyton Thistle. 

Late drama as the Young Vale score deep into stoppage time following an injury to the Bomnyton keeper forced an extra nine minutes. Just as well we scored, as the lights were on a timer and would have gone off at ten, which could have made penalties impossible!

20220325_201644.jpg