West Development U20 League / Teams

8 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Offers from coaches at several clubs and you’re asking for a transfer fee when you’ve folded their team?

Why fold the team in the first place with 6 games left to play? 

How many of them are home games? £150~ ? for the hire of a park then another £55 minimum for a referee might have been a consideration.

Pollok did NOT announce the team had "folded", but that they've been withdrawn from this year's development league.

Of course we'll want to retain good players, either for next season's u20s if their age qualifies them or for other squads within the Pollok family.

If any club wants to offer another's contracted players terms, there's a proper way to go about it!

They can only play U-21 if they are de-registered and then registered on SYFA forms.  Once released from SFA form, the players can sign anywhere else, should they wish.  If Pollok are seeking transfer fees, it appears that all these U-20 are registered on non-Amateur forms?   Not sure teams can demand a fee for Amateur players....

Pretty poor on a tweet where Pollok say ‘our team is folding’ and putting a squad of boys out the game for the rest of the season that they tell other clubs off for offering them a place to play. 

It wasn't the club that said that on twitter.

12 hours ago, theesel1994 said:

How many of them are home games? £150~ ? for the hire of a park then another £55 minimum for a referee might have been a consideration.

You have also got to add on training costs  twice a week  for another 6 weeks min. 

47 minutes ago, eaglelok said:

You have also got to add on training costs  twice a week  for another 6 weeks min. 

I'm sorry but when you join a league that's what you sign up for, not bale out as soon as you are unable to win anything. We can't all be winners but if everyone was to take that attitude then there would be no league at any grade. What about the clubs that have already played Pollok and forked out for pitch hire, all for nothing now.  If the league is going to work and grow clubs must stand by their commitment at the start of the season.  Its all very well saying that the players will not be lost to the club, its the integrity of the league that's at stake.

20 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Offers from coaches at several clubs and you’re asking for a transfer fee when you’ve folded their team?

Because bankies hammered them 6-1 few week ago and we were 1 win away from title. Toys out the pram stuff fae pollok. As for them wanting transfer fees for the remaining players is shocking. Should be ashamed of yourselfs. 

Mon the papers

7 hours ago, eaglelok said:

Why has costs of pitches and training just came up? Aint use been paying that all season? Surely use cant use that as an excuse????  Sour grapes cos use lost the league id say 

Mon the papers 

1 hour ago, maggotman said:

Probably look to the players who didn’t turn up for matches. Think they only had 9 or 10 players turning up for some games

Thats got 2 be ur managers fault then for not either bringing in the correct players or no been able 2 coach and manage them properly.

Mon the papers

5 minutes ago, passbackdave said:

Why has costs of pitches and training just came up? Aint use been paying that all season? Surely use cant use that as an excuse????  Sour grapes cos use lost the league id say 

Mon the papers 

They will have done - but so will their opponents. And now that money their opponents have spent has been completely wasted.

I knew that they had been struggling for a while due to players leaving them and I know how tough it would be for the management to recruit just now for new players.....but that doesn't take away from the fact that to do it so late in the season is disappointing for all the other teams. 

I know that this is the first season of the league and there were bound to be some hiccups along the way but for me there needs to be something put in place to avoid this happening again. Teams have worked hard to get players in and games on only to be hit by clubs pulling out throughout the season. It has dramatically impacted the competitive balance of some conferences (conference F which has had a number of teams pull out). 

It's not the first year of the League - it's the first year the West clubs have been involved in it. I wonder what the rate of withdrawal of clubs during a season was before the West arrived. Conference F was the worst hit the last time I looked quite a few months back.

The only thing that would stop it would be a bond that is returned at the end of the season but such a bond would put clubs off taking part.

Notice the tweet from Pollok is now long gone, possibly embarrassed that someone was using it to shamefully try and sell Amateur players after disbanding their 20's team in March.  My nephew plays for a West based Dev League side and apparently the Lowland Dev League will be taking a far tougher stance on all forms of standards next season, as there are toom many teams still acting like boys clubs.

Notice the tweet from Pollok is now long gone, possibly embarrassed that someone was using it to shamefully try and sell Amateur players after disbanding their 20's team in March.  My nephew plays for a West based Dev League side and apparently the Lowland Dev League will be taking a far tougher stance on all forms of standards next season, as there are toom many teams still acting like boys clubs.

The tweet is still there.

On 08/03/2022 at 22:31, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I don't think it was that many games

They should have played to the end

A poor show as they were still winning games

On 09/03/2022 at 23:41, theesel1994 said:

It's not the first year of the League - it's the first year the West clubs have been involved in it. I wonder what the rate of withdrawal of clubs during a season was before the West arrived. Conference F was the worst hit the last time I looked quite a few months back.

The only thing that would stop it would be a bond that is returned at the end of the season but such a bond would put clubs off taking part.

Apologies, that is what I meant. Some of the stories I have heard about teams pulling out are very disappointing to say the least.