West Development U20 League / Teams

2 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Isn't the Upper Annandale u20s not a Glasgow based youth side that just used Uppers name as a way to enter the league? If true, couldn't they now look to link up with someone closer to home?

Maybe there isn’t enough players coming through in the area and the strategy is picking up players glasgow and south?

4 minutes ago, There is a valley said:

Could someone if possible share a link to current development league set up. Just looking to gain some more knowledge on it before our venture starts. Also what would be the age group cut off without being classed as an over age player be.
Many thanks!

Not sur eif If allowed to put link on here so I will send you info by message

regards

3 minutes ago, There is a valley said:

Could someone if possible share a link to current development league set up. Just looking to gain some more knowledge on it before our venture starts. Also what would be the age group cut off without being classed as an over age player be.
Many thanks!

Tables

http://slfl.co.uk/development-league-results/u20s-table/

Club Info

http://slfl.co.uk/development-league-results/club-information/

League Rules

http://slfl.co.uk/rules/development-league-rules/

Cup rules

http://slfl.co.uk/rules/development-league-cup-rules/

http://slfl.co.uk/rules/development-league-challenge-cup-rules/

http://slfl.co.uk/rules/development-league-knockout-cup-rules/

Gary McClelland is the Secretary of the league

developmentleague@slfl.co.uk 

21 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

To be fair fairweather, that's this seasons information.
The LowlandU20 development league may change due to the amount of west regional teams applying and there looks like a new West Development league will be added

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread
chnages WOS for Lowland and changed 'last seasons ' for this seasons

19 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

To be fair fairweather, that's last years information.
The who development league may change due to the amount of west regional teams applying and there looks like a new West Development league will be added

You seem to confuse things a wee bit, Fairweather has posted information that hasn't really changed.

The Lowland U20 Development League covers the whole Lowland area (ie LL, EoS and SoS clubs, and now WoS, there's also a couple of SPFL clubs) and already has west based teams in it.  Anyone applying will be a member of that league.

Last season the set-up was divided into two seeded Conferences of14/15 clubs each, maybe with more west teams involved pushing it up towards 3 Conferences, they may look to divvy up the Conferences on a more regional basis as opposed to seeding them. That would make sense.

However you say a "new West Development League", are you confusing it with a possible west regional Conference in the LL U20 League?

ex-Junior clubs in the west will be new to this so it's important we get the terminology right. The thread title is probably a bit misleading as well.

Edited by Burnieman

18 hours ago, Burnieman said:

You seem to confuse things a wee bit, Fairweather has posted information that hasn't really changed.

The Lowland U20 Development League covers the whole Lowland area (ie LL, EoS and SoS clubs, and now WoS, there's also a couple of SPFL clubs) and already has west based teams in it.  Anyone applying will be a member of that league.

Last season the set-up was divided into two seeded Conferences of14/15 clubs each, maybe with more west teams involved pushing it up towards 3 Conferences, they may look to divvy up the Conferences on a more regional basis as opposed to seeding them. That would make sense.

However you say a "new West Development League", are you confusing it with a possible west regional Conference in the LL U20 League?

ex-Junior clubs in the west will be new to this so it's important we get the terminology right. The thread title is probably a bit misleading as well.

Its probably the way ive put it across and its not been conveyed the way I had hope so my bad

Right now in the lowland development league we have two, conference A and Conference B
These two leagues consist of teams from mainly East area and a few west and south area teams

The  development league have stated that if they get enough interest, then they will consider starting a West division and a East division or as you say, regionalize it.

The lad from Vale of Leven who made the post, if he sees the current information and think that if they join they will have to travel to the East often then he could potentially see this as off-putting but I believe this wont be the case which will make its more appealing with less travelling long distances on Friday evenings.
So there is a good chance the league structure will change as the lowland league has had quite a few applications from west based teams, Troon FC today announcing they are adding a U20s development team

I don't believe the thread title is misleading as its asking about will a WOS division be starting in the Lowland Development league

1 hour ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

To be fair fairweather, that's last years information.
The who development league may change due to the amount of west regional teams applying and there looks like a new West Development league will be added

They were asking about the current set up.

19 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

They were asking about the current set up.

fair, common, he was asking in relation to work out info for an u20s team from their senior team.

Again, from all the correspondences I've been involved in, I believe there's a high chance that the current set up, will be different next year, if next year starts.

34 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

fair, common, he was asking in relation to work out info for an u20s team from their senior team.

Again, the current set up, will be different next year, if next year starts.

Your interpretation. How can you gain knowledge on something that doesn't exist and hasn't been decided. They even said before starting our venture starts. So they're already on board for next year

I don't see what's so shocking about them wanting to learn what this year's set up is like as its an obvious indicator of how things will be handled next year and it includes clubs outwith the WoSFL/West Region bubble that they could end up in the same Conference/Division as.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

58 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Your interpretation. How can you gain knowledge on something that doesn't exist and hasn't been decided. They even said before starting our venture starts. So they're already on board for next year

I don't see what's so shocking about them wanting to learn what this year's set up is like as its an obvious indicator of how things will be handled next year and it includes clubs outwith the WoSFL/West Region bubble that they could end up in the same Conference/Division as.

Definitely not what your stating
Fairweatherfan, I'm not putting this on to get at you in any way, shape or form, I've been given helpful advice from people involved in the development league, that's all, thus with this information that is why I have replied the way I have. 

Your comment

"Your interpretation. How can you gain knowledge on something that doesn't exist and hasn't been decided. They even said before starting our venture starts. So they're already on board for next year".  errms that's not true, I've contacted all the people who need to be contacted who are involved or deal with the leagues and conferences and received the information of which my conclusion is based.  Second of all, there is nothing Official that the team are joining the U20s development league

You have 67 teams joining a new WOS league. Most of those teams are ex-junior, (most who have kepted their junior status),  everything is new to these guys cause its outside the junior bubble, so most committees, and I can say that quite confidently, don't know much about the senior Lowland U20s development league, never mind the workings in the past of the Lowland league.

There are teams out of the 67 teams who have started an u20s team right away and they all, to a team, would prefer a west region divisions, I know teams in the west who are considering it and have actually said to me that travelling over to the East on a Friday nights wouldn't be a viable option.
I have spoken to many east teams in the development league and they are looking forward to more teams joining the development league from the west and most have said if it becomes regionalized then that will be better.

The person in question asked "Could someone if possible share a link to current development league set up. Just looking to gain some more knowledge on it before our venture starts. Also what would be the age group cut off without being classed as an over age player be.
Many thanks!"

now this means hes interested for whatever reason but if its the reason to gain information about starting an u20s development team and he sees that most team in the development league are from the East I would say out at Vale of Leven this travel is too far and would put them off, thus the reason why I'm informing him of what the new structure might look like.

The comment from you, which it means you see things differently or conveyed what I have said differently "I don't see what's so shocking about them wanting to learn what this year's set up is like as its an obvious indicator of how things will be handled next year and it includes clubs outwith the WoSFL/West Region bubble that they could end up in the same Conference/Division as."

Not at any time have I said this is shocking or seen it as shocking, I'm glad you gave him that information but when I say the comment of an obvious indicator is totally wrong if the lowland league does change to regionalised or East and West.  Its actually n important issue when many teams are considering an U20s team but need to look at the financial impact, of which the Vale of level poster is checking up on and travelling to the East quite often would stop quite a few teams joining.

new clubs from the WOS who have applied to the U20s development league officially are
Clydebank, Shettleston, Bellshill and Troon

This is also on the Lowland League Section. The breakdown by last season's leagues is lower down. I will list those clubs which have expressed interest on another post. There may well be additional clubs interested but I haven't found anything on P&B or social media about them.

Lowland/EoS/SoS/WoS Under 20's Development League 
2019/20  
Conference A  (14) Conference B  (15)

Blackburn United Bonnyton Thistle 
Bonnyrigg Rose  Broxburn Athletic 
Caledonian Braves  BSC Glasgow 
Cumbernauld Colts  Camelon Juniors 
Dalkeith Thistle  Civil Service Strollers 
Dundonald Bluebell  Dunipace 
East Fife  Heriot Watt University 
Edinburgh City  Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts 
Edinburgh United  Kelty Hearts 
Edinburgh University  Mid Annandale 
Hill of Beath Hawthorn  Musselburgh Athletic 
Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale  Newtongrange Star (not 2020/21)
The Spartans  Penicuik Athletic 
Upper Annandale  Preston Athletic 
  University of Stirling (SLFL) 

SPFL (2) East of Scotland (15)
East Fife  Blackburn United
Edinburgh City  Dalkeith Thistle 
  Dundonald Bluebell 
Lowland (9) Edinburgh United 
Bonnyrigg Rose  Hill of Beath Hawthorn 
BSC Glasgow  Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale 
Caledonian Braves  Broxburn Athletic 
Civil Service Strollers  Camelon Juniors 
Cumbernauld Colts  Dunipace 
Edinburgh University  Heriot Watt University 
Kelty Hearts  Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts 
The Spartans  Musselburgh Athletic 
University of Stirling (SLFL)  Newtongrange Star 
  Penicuik Athletic 
South of Scotland (3) Preston Athletic 
Bonnyton Thistle   
Mid Annandale   
Upper Annandale   

As far as I can tell so far these 15 clubs have expressed an interest in joining the Lowland/E0S/SoS/WoS Under 20's Development league for 2020/21. It is sad that Newtongrange Star have withdrawn. However, three of the new clubs in the east have shown active interest.

West (9)
Bellshill Athletic
Clydebank
East Kilbride
Kilwinning Rangers
Kirkintilloch Rob Roy
Pollok Juveniles
Rossvale FC
Shettleston Juniors
Troon

Maybe Vale of Leven too?

East (6)
Edinburgh South
Gala Fairydean Rovers
Glenrothes
Kennoway Star Hearts
Kirkcaldy & Dysart
Whitehill Welfare
Edited by Dev
up-date

1 hour ago, Dev said:

As far as I can tell so far these 15 clubs have expressed an interest in joining the Lowland/E0S/SoS/WoS Under 20's Development league for 2020/21. It is sad that Newtongrange Star have withdrawn. However, three of the new clubs in the east have shown active interest.

West (9)
Bellshill Athletic
Clydebank
East Kilbride
Kilwinning Rangers
Kirkintilloch Rob Roy
Pollok Juveniles
Rossvale FC
Shettleston Juniors
Troon

East (6)
Edinburgh South
Gala Fairydean Rovers
Glenrothes
Kennoway Star Hearts
Kirkcaldy & Dysart
Whitehill Welfare

More than that have expressed an interest but only a couple have applied.
The latest WOS teams to apply and publicly made it official are Clydebank, Bellshill, Shettleston and Troon

The age criteria for next season is players born on or after 1st January 2001. Also I would have thought that the decision on how the conferences in the league would look, would depend on how many clubs apply and are accepted. This would determine if it was possible to regionalise it, to cut down on the amount of travelling. Most teams that join accept that some travelling will be involved. I would imagine that the set up will be looked at and decided  shortly after the closing date for applications of 15th June.

Some of my contacts are telling me that you need to pay the referee travelling expenses as well as £45 a match so looking at average of £60 a game just for refs. Clubs are also awaiting confirmation on a 12 team Premier Western Conference. Also heard a few other things have cropped up which are putting some clubs off the idea already. Can one of the U20 Lowland League “sales guys” shed some light on this. 

Think it might be hard for the ‘sales guys’ to shed light on things that have cropped up without explaining what they are?

In our financial plan it didn’t have any additional costs from what we would have at 19s or 21s, other than the referee fee. I was told this is repaid year 2 by the sfa...but whether that will still be done with additional clubs and the current situation - would plan on it not coming back. 

3 conferences would be good with 1 west. I’d have the cups all in so it keeps it interesting playing different teams. Lowland Cup would be cool to replace the SYFA Scottish cup to have a bit of prestige to the setup. But we’ll go with whatever the plans are meant to be.

12 hours ago, OnTheGround said:

Some of my contacts are telling me that you need to pay the referee travelling expenses as well as £45 a match so looking at average of £60 a game just for refs. Clubs are also awaiting confirmation on a 12 team Premier Western Conference. Also heard a few other things have cropped up which are putting some clubs off the idea already. Can one of the U20 Lowland League “sales guys” shed some light on this. 

That's how misinformation create problems. I'm not meaning you ontheground, just obviously people telling contacts and not the full information.
yes the fee are usually £60 but at the end of the season you get that money back.
So if you played 15 homes games @ £60 its £900 but the SFA refund the WHOLE money back to the club, but that's been the same for the past few years, will it change, I hope not as these are development lads so you want to give them and clubs every chance of continued progress.

There is nothing saying how many teams but the development lowland league receive enough interest that they hope to arrange of which they have stated there's been plenty of interest and looks very promising.
The list of teams for the West would be

Dunipace have an U20s confirmed but admittedly unsure at the moment for WOS or EOS
Cumbernauld Colts
Braves / Edusport
BSC
Bonnyton Thistle
Upper Annandale
Mid Annandale.   

Bellshill                                     New to U20s  Development   CONFIRMED
Clydebank                                New to U20s Development   CONFIRMED
Shettleston                              New to U20s Development   CONFIRMED
Troon FC                                   New to U20s Development   CONFIRMED 

POSSIBLY 
Kilwinning
Pollok
Rossvale
East Kilbride
Kirkintilloch Rob Roy
East Kilbride
Largs Thistle
Irvine Meadow

Vale of Leven

a poster above said about travelling would be expected and totally agree.
The U20s is not a step up and is the start of the business end so a business plan is really the best way and the way to work that out is worst case scenario and take it from there

12 hours ago, OnTheGround said:

Shocking but not surprising. What a terrible state our youth game is in awe sadly never see it recovering.