Bestsinceslicebread

West Development U20 League / Teams

13 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

Certainly might make it interesting to get a few of the diddy teams in.

The SPFL Reserve League is on hold in 2020-21 I believe. It was gutted by so many of the top teams withdrawing anyway. If you look at SPFL Reserve League 2 there's maybe a couple of candidates for next season's Development League.

EDIT: When East Fife joined there was the rumour that Alloa Athletic had also been looking into it for instance.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

10 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The SPFL Reserve League is on hold in 2020-21 I believe. It was gutted by so many of the top teams withdrawing anyway. If you look at SPFL Reserve League 2 there's maybe a couple of candidates for next season's Development League.

EDIT: When East Fife joined there was the rumour that Alloa Athletic had also been looking into it for instance.

I'm sure every team in Scottish football have looked into the development league, its common sense to do that but it would only work with part time teams in the current development league structure, the big teams who are full time will be in some other kind of game day structure through the day either in a reserve league or as some do already U18s.

There's a few teams who have stopped their youth and or reserve team as they have to cost cut due to the corvid situation and the effect of club revenue.

Will the development league get bigger, yes as we know there's a few teams getting ready for next season.
Will more teams from the SPFL join, possibly yes I suspect this maybe a big interest for quite a few of them.

Lets see how this season goes with the development league and as I said before the big question for most of us is which cracking game to go to on a Friday evening as there will be a few every Friday night

17 hours ago, Dev said:

Youth Football Thread:  Clyde FC Under 19’s Looking For Players.

By Kp91, Saturday at 12:49 in Youth Football

Clyde Fc u19s are on the look out to add quality players to there squad for the new season, this is potentially a pathway to the first team and possible training opportunities within the first team environment in time, the team has a new manager in place and a new coaching team all of whom have joined from Celtic Fc, this is an exciting opportunity and if anyone is interested or required more info then please contact club secretary Peter Kane on 07774327119 the club is planning to move into the u20 development league the season after this one so exciting times ahead for the club 

This is Clyde FC Community/ School of Footbal or whatever they are - I know that Clyde used their players last season but they are SYFA - I assume that underlined but is an intent for Clyde to absorb them more formally?

17 hours ago, Seasiders Youth said:
   1 hour ago,  Whittlets vicsaid: 

Doesn't say much for there characters doing that its actually disgusting

It says everything about the character as willing to walk away from 2yrs hard work to maintain the opportunities for the players in their squad.

There are 2 sides to every story and the full story will come out for sure. 

Not the best news for Troon but for two coaches to stand up and maintain a dedicated squad looking after “youth” interest for a change takes a lot of courage and hard work. Looking from the outside Troon could probably have done with fresh legs / desire and hunger last year never mind the typical Scottish way of auld heads to get the job done. Good luck to Troon and the new Medda 20s. 

4 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

This is Clyde FC Community/ School of Footbal or whatever they are - I know that Clyde used their players last season but they are SYFA - I assume that underlined but is an intent for Clyde to absorb them more formally?

I added the under-lining to draw attention to a club with plans for the Under 20's Development League.

However, only senior clubs can enter a team into the league so presumably Clyde rather than Clyde Community School - unless this is apart of the SPFL club. Anyone know?

58 minutes ago, Dev said:

I added the under-lining to draw attention to a club with plans for the Under 20's Development League.

However, only senior clubs can enter a team into the league so presumably Clyde rather than Clyde Community School - unless this is apart of the SPFL club. Anyone know?

or they're just fishing for players! I noticed Wigtown have them in pre-season and it's being (afaik) billed as Clyde FC rather than this team.

And these guys are SYFA, in the West 21s last season, 19s elsewhere too I assume?

http://www.west-of-scotland-21s-football-league.co.uk/All_Leagues.html

Edited by cmontheloknow

Best wishes to Troon and their rebuilding project, regular story of promises, escapes and mass deflections to other clubs, following their manager,best mate etc. Guessing that no players have signed on yet for the U20 league ? hopefully this doesn't happen too often, can't trust anyone can you. 

It says everything about the character as willing to walk away from 2yrs hard work to maintain the opportunities for the players in their squad.
There are 2 sides to every story and the full story will come out for sure. 
Still no right they could have left but to take the full team is shite.

On 30/04/2020 at 17:51, Kenny*******Powers said:

Valspar 19s manager and players all been asked to join Troon 

Thought I read this earlier in the thread. Troon not that innocent if this is the case. Overlooking their own squad ????

Thought I read this earlier in the thread. Troon not that innocent if this is the case. Overlooking their own squad ????

This didn’t happen.

Feel like somebody is trying to deflect blame with this nonsense...

Good luck to all teams, stay fit healthy and may there be plenty of talent on show for the senior sides to keep an eye on. 

32 minutes ago, Troon Portland said:

This didn’t happen.

Feel like somebody is trying to deflect blame with this nonsense...

Oh I can assure you it did... 

16 minutes ago, Kenny*******Powers said:

Seems my source was correct after all then

They were!  So I guess I owe you an apology after all... lol 

3 minutes ago, Seasiders Youth said:

They were!  So I guess I owe you an apology after all... lol 

No problem, i only posted what i had been told from a Valspar player

1 hour ago, P TO8JAT said:

I understand Valspar are joining Maybole?

Edited by Sunrise

49 minutes ago, Kenny*******Powers said:

Yes, they are. To my knowledge, Troon also asked them

Seems that making up stories or telling lies is a recurring theme in the last 24 hours. 

Just to confirm... Callum Nairn, a good friend of mine, approached myself a few months ago and asked me what was happening with Troon 20s for the coming season as he knew we had applied to join the new WOSFL 20s.

I informed him that the clubs plan was to take our 19s from last year as all of them would be eligible and we rated some of their players... this is the only conversation between Valspar & Troon... through myself and Callum. 

This is all documented in messages between us, so if anyone wants to make even more of an arse of themselves by making up some more stories then feel free.