Jump to content
Bestsinceslicebread

West Development U20 League / Teams

Recommended Posts

Potentially the best change to the upper level of youth football in a generation. *If* we all support it and get behind it. Could be a real positive influence for 16-19 year olds in the west.

Looking forward to competing and building a successful league for the next generation in all our communities.🔴

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Evening all, hope you are all safe and well.

I know Arthurlie 20s are looking forward to coming up against some of the teams in the league especially as we have never played any of them before. I know the travel can be a challenge but this should hopefully be getting the players ready to progress to the first team.

in terms of the committee, I can’t comment on other clubs but Arthurlies committee and first team management have been tremendous so far. They want the best for Arthurlie and the players and that’s all that we can go on.

i hope that we will get the chance to play some cup games to experience different teams but who knows we we can start again.

Here’s  hoping we can argue soon at the side of a pitch about an offside rather than on here 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎07‎/‎07‎/‎2020 at 20:31, Kenny*******Powers said:

You clearly do, because you make a point of replying every time. If he annoys you that much put him on ignore 

Every time he would put him on ignore he probably would appear with a new user name.:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, BTID said:

Potentially the best change to the upper level of youth football in a generation. *If* we all support it and get behind it. Could be a real positive influence for 16-19 year olds in the west.

Looking forward to competing and building a successful league for the next generation in all our communities.🔴

Correct,but the league must be supported by the fans - see in England the difference between league clubs attendances and those in the FA Youth Cup,almost like no one cares. In reality a brilliant move for the youngsters as they move towards the first team. Times are difficult but the current progress must be a positive step forward for football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, vancy17 said:

Evening all, hope you are all safe and well.

I know Arthurlie 20s are looking forward to coming up against some of the teams in the league especially as we have never played any of them before. I know the travel can be a challenge but this should hopefully be getting the players ready to progress to the first team.

in terms of the committee, I can’t comment on other clubs but Arthurlies committee and first team management have been tremendous so far. They want the best for Arthurlie and the players and that’s all that we can go on.

i hope that we will get the chance to play some cup games to experience different teams but who knows we we can start again.

Here’s  hoping we can argue soon at the side of a pitch about an offside rather than on here 

There's no arguments, if you knew how P&B worked you'd realise why some people are the way they are.
I think most realise how good this potentially is and First team clubs that have added a U20 team realise the importance and the possible big effect it can have on their club as a whole.

This is a development league and that's what its about, developing youth players and to reach a level that will give them a chance to progress to the first team of their club or even beyond.   Last season in the development league there were clubs in the development divisions at mid level or even lower down in the two divisions who  supplied players to their first teams and other players to teams even higher up, That's why you have teams like East Fife and Edinburgh City who are in the SPFL 1 and 2 respectively wanting to continue in the development league.  There's been a few blips along the way and some moans and some blinkered moans about the league draw, structure etc... but in general nearly everyone is looking forward to a fantastic future of development football that I believe will be here for a long time to come.
 

Last year the league had 29 teams, this year the lowland development league has 68 teams with 5 from the West continuing this year for a total of 38 West teams, 33 are brand new to development league.   I mean look at the list below a fully functioning West Region development league that we believe and told it will be ALL-IN in next season 

West Conference A

West Conference B

West Conference C


Bellshill Athletic

Blantyre Victoria

Bonnyton Thistle

BSC Glasgow

Caledonian Braves

Carluke Rovers

Cumbernauld Colts

East Kilbride

Forth Wanderers

Kirkintilloch Rob Roy

Mid Annandale

Newmains United

Shettleston

St Roch’s


Benburb

Clydebank

Drumchapel United

Johnstone Burgh

Maryhill

Pollok

Renfrew

Rossvale

St Anthony’s

St Cadocs

Vale of Leven

Yoker Athletic

 

 


Ardrossan Winton Rovers

Arthurlie

Beith

Cumnock

Darvel

Irvine Meadow

Kilwinning Rangers

Largs Thistle

Maybole

Neilston

Troon

Whittles Victoria

and with an east region below, I can only see the development league becoming a lot stronger and bigger with many first teams benefiting greatly from these players development

 

East Conference A

East Conference B


Bonnyrigg Rose

Camelon

Edinburgh City

Edinburgh South

Edinburgh United

Edinburgh University

Gala Fairydean Rovers

Glenrothes

Kelty hearts

Kennoway Star Hearts

Kirkcaldy and Dysart

Musselburgh Athletic

Penicuik Athletic

Preston Athletic

Sauchie

Spartans

 

 

Blackburn United

Civil Service Strollers

Dalkeith Thistle

Dunipace

East Fife

Heriot-Watt University

 

Hill of Beath Hawthorn

Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts

Jeanfield Swifts

Leith Athletic

Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale

Tynecastle

University of Stirling

Whitehill Welfare

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good morning 

I know this was mentioned before but do you think teams will be charging to watch development games? If so what are the rulings regarding charging at council facilities?

I don’t think for a second any home team expects to make money but would be nice to claw back some of the almost £200 costs per home game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Newmainac1875 said:

Good morning 

I know this was mentioned before but do you think teams will be charging to watch development games? If so what are the rulings regarding charging at council facilities?

I don’t think for a second any home team expects to make money but would be nice to claw back some of the almost £200 costs per home game 

For Every team it costs money to run a home game, some might be £200 some might be £100 some might be less.
I know teams who will be charging £1 or £2 to get in, I know of teams who will have donation buckets and its up to the visitors to decide if they want to put money in.
You also have to remember for the past 4 years or so that the development league has bene operating the teams have all received their money back that they paid out for referees fees.
So if you paid out £60 for each 13 home games, that's £780 you will get back form the SFA. Unless they are so skint they cannot afford to give the development teams any money back.

This has been talked about earlier.  If you are renting the council park then I'm sure you can charge but I think there's got to be some arrangement in place.
Sure someone on here can confirm yes or no.  You can definitely have a donation bucket for the games

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/07/2020 at 07:11, Tutankhamen said:

I hope sticking a team 75 miles away from some of the opposition and throwing about terms like "local" isn't a reflection of the brains behind the LL/EoSFL/WoSFL leadership.

That's about the level of the thicko's in the old SJWR regime.

Lockerbie to Shettleston, local?

On a Friday night with a 8pm kick off, by lads that might have done a day's graft since early morn.

Having a giraffe, me thinks.

Based on the 38 teams in the three league's, where would you have placed Mid Annandale, out of interest?

And bearing in mind that Mid Annandale had played in the predominantly East-based 20's Dev League previously, but had applied to play in West section, so assuming they have gone into this again with eyes open?

The longest trip to Lockerbie in that Conference appears to be for Cumbernauld Colts, and even that will be all motorway for a one-off journey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kirk St Moritz said:

Based on the 38 teams in the three league's, where would you have placed Mid Annandale, out of interest?

And bearing in mind that Mid Annandale had played in the predominantly East-based 20's Dev League previously, but had applied to play in West section, so assuming they have gone into this again with eyes open?

The longest trip to Lockerbie in that Conference appears to be for Cumbernauld Colts, and even that will be all motorway for a one-off journey.

Tayside

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Youth Football Thread:  Clyde FC Under 19’s Looking For Players.

By Kp91, Saturday at 12:49 in Youth Football

Clyde Fc u19s are on the look out to add quality players to there squad for the new season, this is potentially a pathway to the first team and possible training opportunities within the first team environment in time, the team has a new manager in place and a new coaching team all of whom have joined from Celtic Fc, this is an exciting opportunity and if anyone is interested or required more info then please contact club secretary Peter Kane on 07774327119 the club is planning to move into the u20 development league the season after this one so exciting times ahead for the club 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kirk St Moritz said:

Based on the 38 teams in the three league's, where would you have placed Mid Annandale, out of interest?

And bearing in mind that Mid Annandale had played in the predominantly East-based 20's Dev League previously, but had applied to play in West section, so assuming they have gone into this again with eyes open?

The longest trip to Lockerbie in that Conference appears to be for Cumbernauld Colts, and even that will be all motorway for a one-off journey.

Hey Kirk St Maritz

There been a few people shouting their mouths off, either at the windup, trolling, some not fully understanding the concept and or even the long term positive effect this will have on youth football

Mid Annadale played in the Lowland league last year against the following teams:

BSC

University of Stirling (SLFL) 

Bonnyton Thistle 

Musselburgh Athletic 

Heriot Watt University 

Kelty Hearts 

Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts 

Penicuik Athletic 

Civil Service Strollers 

Preston Athletic 

Dunipace 

Camelon Juniors 

Broxburn Athletic 

Newtongrange Star

 

and guess what, a lot of travelling for them last season where the opposition only had to travel to them once and we HAVE NOT HEARD Mid Annadale moan about the Lowland league from last year or heard them moan about it this year, no, why because they know the benefits of the league, they know the positives and know all the potential this league offers youth and first teams together.

The Lowland league has regionalised the league into West and East regions which is fantastic and then they stated they may have to put the West into 3 divisions if its a late start, which they have done so and they also stated they might regionalise it with in the West region as well to save on travelling and also seeding

Its very easy to work out the league structure, its very easy to work out why and guess what, the lowland Development league is very experienced in organising this level and a sit has grown continuously since it stared and I suspect it will be bigger next year

 

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CrosshouseWav said:

IMG_2875.thumb.jpg.744f7653deda736cbdf983d1e1129c0e.jpg

 

 

Disgraceful behaviour

No shock the muppet on here who drones on and on has drifted about from Petershill,  Pollok,  St Roch,  Clydebank and Rossvale youth teams without a care in the world bouncing about clubs like nobody's business making a mockery of youth football which has a long term problem in this country and has had for two decades now a fancy new untested league doesn't change that .

Edited by ballermk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Whittlets vic said:
2 hours ago, CrosshouseWav said:
IMG_2875.thumb.jpg.744f7653deda736cbdf983d1e1129c0e.jpg
 
 
Disgraceful behaviour

Doesn't say much for there characters doing that its actually disgusting

   1 hour ago,  Whittlets vicsaid: 
 

Doesn't say much for there characters doing that its actually disgusting

It says everything about the character as willing to walk away from 2yrs hard work to maintain the opportunities for the players in their squad.

There are 2 sides to every story and the full story will come out for sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Irvine Meadow were already signed up for the Development League. What's happened with the structure they put in place for it? Because it sounds like they've picked up an entirely new coaching staff and squad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ballermk said:

No shock the muppet on here who drones on and on has drifted about from Petershill,  Pollok,  St Roch,  Clydebank and Rossvale youth teams without a care in the world bouncing about clubs like nobody's business making a mockery of youth football which has a long term problem in this country and has had for two decades now a fancy new untested league doesn't change that .

Seek help, please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Dev said:

Youth Football Thread:  Clyde FC Under 19’s Looking For Players.

By Kp91, Saturday at 12:49 in Youth Football

Clyde Fc u19s are on the look out to add quality players to there squad for the new season, this is potentially a pathway to the first team and possible training opportunities within the first team environment in time, the team has a new manager in place and a new coaching team all of whom have joined from Celtic Fc, this is an exciting opportunity and if anyone is interested or required more info then please contact club secretary Peter Kane on 07774327119 the club is planning to move into the u20 development league the season after this one so exciting times ahead for the club 

Trojan horse for the Big Two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

Trojan horse for the Big Two.

"The Big Two" don't even play in the SPFL Reserve League. They aren't going to field a side in the Lowland Development League. This is just another SPFL side joining since it has a better structure and less travel than the half arsed SPFL Reserve League.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

"The Big Two" don't even play in the SPFL Reserve League. They aren't going to field a side in the Lowland Development League. This is just another SPFL side joining since it has a better structure and less travel than the half arsed SPFL Reserve League.

Certainly might make it interesting to get a few of the diddy teams in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...