West Development U20 League / Teams

If the new listings of which clubs entering for 2020/21 are accurate then in the East Leith Athletic have also applied  but Broxburn Athletic and Dundonald Bluebell (as well as Newtongrange Star) have dropped out. In the West Benburb have entered and Upper Annandale have dropped out and Glencairn didn't enter.

Looking further ahead.

If the expanded League is successful it could also encourage further LL/EoS/SoS/WoS clubs to join in future. With East Fife and Edinburgh City remaining in the League, I also wonder if other League 1 and 2 clubs of the SPFL  will enter in times to come.

21 minutes ago, Dev said:

If the expanded League is successful it could also encourage further LL/EoS/SoS/WoS clubs to join in future. With East Fife and Edinburgh City remaining in the League, I also wonder if other League 1 and 2 clubs of the SPFL  will enter in times to come.

It would hopefully be good for relations between the SPFL and lower leagues is more SPFL sides joined up to the Lowland Development League. While Edinburgh City are kinda grandfathered in from their time, East Fife seem to have preferred the option over SPFL Reserve League 2. The uncertainty over the SPFL Reserve structure going forward could see some further additions to the set up next year.

3 hours ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Seems odd that they would organise the conferences purely on alphabetical order - will believe it when it's confirmed!

That's just the way it's been listed on wikipedia, of course it's not going to be alphabetical...

1 hour ago, Dev said:

If the new listings of which clubs entering for 2020/21 are accurate then in the East Leith Athletic have also applied  but Broxburn Athletic and Dundonald Bluebell (as well as Newtongrange Star) have dropped out. In the West Benburb have entered and Upper Annandale have dropped out and Glencairn didn't enter.

Newtongrange were public about not entering, think Broxburn were mentioned on here as possibly not entering, Uppers/Benburb went public, and Glencairn said they were waiting until next season.

7 minutes ago, Seasiders Youth said:

Very disappointed in the conference split. Same old same old for Ayrshire teams - piss poor effort! 

I get why you are saying that but not really piss poor.
There were undertones why this has happened at the meeting as they want to give the development league every opportunity to work, less travel, less over heads but after this coming season it will be expected to be all in.

I think all teams would love it to be mixed but for this season its about making it work

conferences development.PNG

Very disappointed in the conference split. Same old same old for Ayrshire teams - piss poor effort! 
How can it be the "same old same old" when this is a brand new league with teams who have never kicked a ball yet ? [emoji848]

22 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

There were undertones why this has happened at the meeting as they want to give the development league every opportunity to work, less travel, less over heads but after this coming season it will be expected to be all in.

I think all teams would love it to be mixed but for this season its about making it work

conferences development.PNG

I was going to say I hope that wasn't from an official graphic due to some of the errors, but there's still a couple

Brand new league with “new” teams. Minimum travel on a Friday night, local games will attract a crowd of some sort out with parents and relatives.

1947392801_conferencesdevelopment.PNG.414f1bf402fca9f71ce2b6de73804efe.PNG

Less travel you say. We have to go to Maybole (40 miles), Cumnock (33) & Whittlets (32). Neilston are the same. Then you have conference b all clubs near to us having journeys around the greater Glasgow area. Neilston in exactly the same position.

I know they have a tough job to put this together but why not have 14 team conference B with a 10 team conference C?

1 minute ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Less travel you say. We have to go to Maybole (40 miles), Cumnock (33) & Whittlets (32). Neilston are the same. Then you have conference b all clubs near to us having journeys around the greater Glasgow area. Neilston in exactly the same position.

I know they have a tough job to put this together but why not have 14 team conference B with a 10 team conference C?

I'm not sure personally, I thought it was going to be a 14,12, 12 but it must be down to location

I've just noticed Kirky Rob Roy are beside Rossvale in location as in area but bene told they play somewhere out in Easterhouse so conference A looks like teams in the east side of Glasgow and Lanarkshire and Mid Annandale, and B look's like west and central Glasgow teams including vale of level and C looks like all Ayrshire and the Arthurlie and Neilston I suppose near to the start of Ayrshire

That's the only reasoning I can think of

54 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I was going to say I hope that wasn't from an official graphic due to some of the errors, but there's still a couple

http://slfl.co.uk/lowlands-development-league-structure/

Features

06/07/2020 By Media Team

The Scottish Lowlands Development League are delighted to confirm the conference structure for the new season.

As confirmed last week 68 clubs will compete in the league when we kick off later this year.

The sub-committee, which oversee the league, have been busy over the last few weeks working on the conferences are delighted to confirm the following:

League secretary Gary McClelland said: “Despite the current issues facing us we are delighted that we are now in a position to confirm the conferences for the season.

“A lot of work has gone into this and I would like to thank the sub-committee for all the work they have put in looking at applications and working up the conferences.

“Hopefully we will be able to confirm a start date in due course as well as announce what, if any, cup we will be able to play depending on when we get back to playing football.”

The league hope to be in a position to announce a proposed start date within the next week or two.

I'm not sure personally, I thought it was going to be a 14,12, 12 but it must be down to location

I've just noticed Kirky Rob Roy are beside Rossvale in location as in area but bene told they play somewhere out in Easterhouse so conference A looks like teams in the east side of Glasgow and Lanarkshire and Mid Annandale, and B look's like west and central Glasgow teams including vale of level and C looks like all Ayrshire and the Arthurlie and Neilston I suppose near to the start of Ayrshire

That's the only reasoning I can think of

I understand that and as I said it is difficult. But the example being that on a Friday night we will have to get from Glasgow to Maybole for 6.30 (if the kick off is 7:30) and if like me you work till 5 in the city centre it is going to be difficult to do. And the same goes for Maybole having to come up to Barrhead for the same time. It’s a big ask to be able to do it.

Just noticed the distance between Beith and Maybole and it’s 33 miles for both teams so it’s a difficult one. It is what it is and looking forward to the challenge.

For the Ayrshire teams it’s just an expensive rehash of the previous Ayrshire 19’s league with some 17’s thrown in. The Ayrshire teams should’ve been spread across the conferences - why have Bonnyton got special treatment? Are the other Ayrshire teams not deemed good enough to compete in Glasgow? Conferences should’ve had at least 3 Ayrshire teams in each to encourage competition and DEVELOPMENT. 

I’ll stick by my piss poor effort comment and add Lazy to it...

Ill put money on conference C not starting with those 12 teams and finishing with less. 14-12-9 

I understand that and as I said it is difficult. But the example being that on a Friday night we will have to get from Glasgow to Maybole for 6.30 (if the kick off is 7:30) and if like me you work till 5 in the city centre it is going to be difficult to do. And the same goes for Maybole having to come up to Barrhead for the same time. It’s a big ask to be able to do it.

Just noticed the distance between Beith and Maybole and it’s 33 miles for both teams so it’s a difficult one. It is what it is and looking forward to the challenge.

Most the Beith players will be from the southside

53 minutes ago, Seasiders Youth said:

For the Ayrshire teams it’s just an expensive rehash of the previous Ayrshire 19’s league with some 17’s thrown in. The Ayrshire teams should’ve been spread across the conferences - why have Bonnyton got special treatment? Are the other Ayrshire teams not deemed good enough to compete in Glasgow? Conferences should’ve had at least 3 Ayrshire teams in each to encourage competition and DEVELOPMENT. 

I’ll stick by my piss poor effort comment and add Lazy to it...

Ill put money on conference C not starting with those 12 teams and finishing with less. 14-12-9 

Look at the make up of the other conferences and work out why Bonnyton may have been put in conference A. It's the 1st year of the West conferences and nobody knows how strong or weak teams will be. It is trial and error for a season. Are you aware of any clubs complaining regarding the set up?

Look at the make up of the other conferences and work out why Bonnyton may have been put in conference A. It's the 1st year of the West conferences and nobody knows how strong or weak teams will be. It is trial and error for a season. Are you aware of any clubs complaining regarding the set up?

Don’t understand your point. It’s not as if they are only in with other established teams.

There was always going to be winners and losers but I share the concern of Troon that if you are asking players to continually make long journeys you have a higher risk of teams struggling to play fixtures.

Hope I am wrong.

33 minutes ago, gaz1959 said:

Yes there are concerns from other teams, my phone has been going all night!