West Development U20 League / Teams

We are hoping to enter a side next year, too many logistical problems to get in before the deadline this year, the main one being nailing down a regular home ground.

On that note, I hear 6 teams from the Edinburgh area have put down the same home ground, in a complex with only 2 pitches, so only 4 of them could realistically use it every second Friday.

30 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

We are hoping to enter a side next year, too many logistical problems to get in before the deadline this year, the main one being nailing down a regular home ground.

On that note, I hear 6 teams from the Edinburgh area have put down the same home ground, in a complex with only 2 pitches, so only 4 of them could realistically use it every second Friday.

Agreed, pitch that meet the criteria is really the main problem, as this is all new to the West teams, eventually they will all get sorted this season, next season or season after.
If the U20s had started, wouldn't Petershill U20s use the Petershill Park home ground ?

Not sure how its working in the East but its been successful by all accounts in the past few seasons with most teams from the East so here's hoping the West will follow suit

5 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Agreed, pitch that meet the criteria is really the main problem, as this is all new to the West teams, eventually they will all get sorted this season, next season or season after.
If the U20s had started, wouldn't Petershill U20s use the Petershill Park home ground ?

Not sure how its working in the East but its been successful by all accounts in the past few seasons with most teams from the East so here's hoping the West will follow suit

Would need some negotiating, there is a long standing block booking for a local charity on a Friday night. It's a council facility, outwith our normal agreement we are just a customer like anybody else.

34 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Let's hope that the six Edinburgh clubs can sort something out.

Good that Petershill are also looking at the Development League, along with a number of others, according to posts here, in time for 2021/22. It can only be good for the game.

Will your club be pushing forward with club licencing now? It's been said that Cumnock were also keen.

There may be close to another half dozen EoS clubs heading down the licencing route by the Feb 2021 deadline and there must be lots of WoS clubs looking at this seriously for the following year, if not sooner. It will certainly shake up the SFA Cup with lots more "shock" results heading the way of SPFL 1 and 2 clubs!

Just now, Dev said:

Let's hope that the six Edinburgh clubs can sort something out.

Good that Petershill are also looking at the Development League, along with a number of others, according to posts here, in time for 2021/22. It can only be good for the game.

Will your club be pushing forward with club licencing now? It's been said that Cumnock were also keen.

There may be close to another half dozen EoS clubs heading down the licencing route by the Feb 2021 deadline and there must be lots of WoS clubs looking at this seriously for the following year, if not sooner. It will certainly shake up the SFA Cup with lots more "shock" results heading the way of SPFL 1 and 2 clubs!

We are pretty far advanced with a licence application, we know exactly what we need to do to meet all the criteria.

14 hours ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Couldnt the Edinburgh clubs use Hearts ground, give em a bit more income eh ☺️ Could any of them use the Oriam training ground at all ?  Any idea how many suitable pitches are available around Edinburgh ? not an area that I've travelled around.

The problem is Friday night is likely to be a  popular night for other ongoing lets.

On 27/05/2020 at 14:19, Burnieman said:

You need to have one at the venue(s) you intend to use. So a 3g cage with no barrier doesn't meet requirements. I think there is a desire to improve standards at this level, facilities included.

Correct me if I am wrong but the 3g cage is fine as the spectators then need to be outside the cage which creates the barrier. Seen this implemented at a few games I was involved in.

On 27/05/2020 at 18:17, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Originally I was informed by a source who told me the reason for astro pitches was that
if using the first team grass park on a Friday, it could rain and more chance of the grass pitch called off
also usually if the first team pitch is being used on a Friday and its starts to rain, there is a chance that the pitch would be called off by the first team/groundsman as they would want the pitch to be available and in good condition on the Saturday.
The reasons sounded valid and understandable to me at the time but as stated below this was the wrong information.

Those reason wont be enough to say all games would be on astro but they certainly are substantial reasons not to chew up your 1st teams park for Friday night games and common sense approach by the Clubs to ensure 1st team football on a Saturday goes ahead, not 1 club will put their grass park under pressure with to many games played on it especially in winter hence why teams that did use grass IE Newtongrange main park would always be astro in the winter months and why I suspect many Clubs avoided usage of their Grass parks for 20s. As the cost to upkeep a grass park isn't like the Council park down the road.

15 minutes ago, Kemlin Dan said:

Correct me if I am wrong but the 3g cage is fine as the spectators then need to be outside the cage which creates the barrier. Seen this implemented at a few games I was involved in.

I was at several U20 games this season in 3G cages and nobody stood outside of it (in fact it wasn't really possible at some anyway).  It's outside the "ground" so really can't be classed as the pitch barrier.  There is a pitchside barrier in the 3G cage at Meggetland that Edinburgh Utd and LTHV use, but there isn't at Saughton or some of the schools.

On 07/06/2020 at 10:21, Billy XBoswell said:

I just got a message from one of the committee at Bonnyton Thistle & he says that although most were free others charged £3 & £5.00 last season???

What do the rules state? I'm sure someone on here will know?

In 2 years haven't ever been advised that the fee is £3 to £5, I can only recall 2 teams charging money on their home games and it was £2 entry and this was always advised to the away teams through the Secretaries that be made aware of the entry fee.

6. Home Clubs will be responsible for deciding on the level of admission

charges and will retain all gate receipts.

17 hours ago, Seasiders Youth said:

Our home games will not have an entry fee, we will however have a donation bucket at the gate.

We found last season that most people chucked something into the bucket to help towards referee costs, even ST holders who had free entry.

Buckets are great idea.
I don't think any tm can charge when using a school pitch or public pitch or council owned pitch but think every home team is in their right to have a bucket for donations to help pay for referee, park etc...
Quite a few junior teams use junior facilities and charge - Petershill for one. Higher up you've got Broadwood owned by the council. At youth level too, entry is charged for the SYFA/Regional finals.

22 minutes ago, paul-r-cfc said:
30 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:
Buckets are great idea.
I don't think any tm can charge when using a school pitch or public pitch or council owned pitch but think every home team is in their right to have a bucket for donations to help pay for referee, park etc...

Quite a few junior teams use junior facilities and charge - Petershill for one. Higher up you've got Broadwood owned by the council. At youth level too, entry is charged for the SYFA/Regional finals.

I'm sure I can be corrected and don't mind if I am but is Petershill park not run by someone else, or third part who take payments
Also, I'm positive that Broadwood is not Wholly owned by the council but shared with some Cumbernauld cooperation, again I could be wrong