West Development U20 League / Teams

The Rules and Regs for the league can be accessed via this link. Rules and Regs are subject to change'

http://slfl.co.uk/rules/development-league-rules/

I have copied some of the info and hope this will help. There's no mention on Astro pitches at all.

Development League Rules

Development League (Under 20)

The Competition shall be known as the Lowland Under 20 Development League

5. All grounds must comply with the following minimum criteria:

(2) Separate and exclusive changing accommodation for two teams.

(3) Separate changing accommodation for up to four match officials.

(4) Spectators must be separated from the field of play by a wall, a rope, a

railing or a fence.

(5) Goal nets and corner flags shall be used at all matches.

1. By participating in Lowland and East of Scotland Under 20 Development

League competitions all Clubs agree to conform to all of the Terms of

Reference and all of the specific competition rules in their entirety.

LOWLANDS UNDER-20 DEVELOPMENT LEAGUE

TERMS OF REFERENCE AND PRINCIPLES

6.2 Age Limit

To be eligible to participate in the Under 20 Development League, the

following criteria will apply:-

Players must be under 20 years of age on the 1st January immediately

preceding the start of the playing season. e.g. For season 2019/20 this

means players born on or after 1st January 2000.

VENUES

1. All matches in the Under 20 Development League must be played at a ground

which has a playing surface and changing accommodation that has been approved

and accepted by the Scottish Lowland Football League. Clubs must also ensure that there is a barrier between the playing pitch and spectators, this can be in the form of a permanent barrier or an area for spectators roped off. Failure to comply with this will result in spectators watching the match from outside the playing area (if the pitch is caged off).

2 hours ago, Seasiders Youth said:

Troon will play at Portland Park & Marr Astro (during winter months.)

Kilwinning and Irvine Meadow are both definitely entering teams into the 20’s league 

Thanks. If you can direct to anything on social media or web sites which mention these clubs' decisions/progress on this it would be helpful.

15 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I know when the Vale of Leven Academy was rebuilt they included an astro. Presumbably Vale of Leven would be considering that. Unless there's something more obvious i'm not aware of.

Theres no barrier at the Vale Academy. The club are looking at the astro at the Argyll Park

No, I didn't think there was. I'm not even sure how strictly the rule about the barrier is enforced.
You need to have one at the venue(s) you intend to use. So a 3g cage with no barrier doesn't meet requirements. I think there is a desire to improve standards at this level, facilities included.

4 hours ago, Seasiders Youth said:

Troon will play at Portland Park & Marr Astro (during winter months.)

Kilwinning and Irvine Meadow are both definitely entering teams into the 20’s league 

Troon installing floodlights over the summer?

….. so if Irvine Meadow, Kilwinning Rangers and Kirkintilloch Rob Roy are on-board too we may have these 24 newcomers for next season. Other possibles seem to be Largs Thistle, Neilston,  Pollok, St Roch's and Yoker Athletic:

East (6)

Edinburgh South
Gala Fairydean Rovers
Glenrothes
Kennoway Star Hearts
Kirkcaldy & Dysart
Whitehill Welfare

West (18)

Arthurlie
Bellshill Athletic
Carluke Rovers
Clydebank
Darvel
East Kilbride
Irvine Meadow
Kilwinning Rangers
Johnstone Burgh
Kirkintilloch Rob Roy
Maryhill

Newmains United

Rossvale FC

Shettleston Juniors
St Cadocs
Troon
Vale of Leven

Whitletts Victoria

Edited to Include Newmains United

Edited by Dev
'

7 hours ago, glensmad said:

I'm not sure that's correct. emoji848.png

6 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Really? What's the reasoning behind that please?

Originally I was informed by a source who told me the reason for astro pitches was that
if using the first team grass park on a Friday, it could rain and more chance of the grass pitch called off
also usually if the first team pitch is being used on a Friday and its starts to rain, there is a chance that the pitch would be called off by the first team/groundsman as they would want the pitch to be available and in good condition on the Saturday.
The reasons sounded valid and understandable to me at the time but as stated below this was the wrong information.

Since then I have found out that you can play on a grass pitch, the criteria will be quite strict, no long walks between dressing room to pitch as I was informed the reasons for this is caused hassle in the past. It must be floodlight and astro or grass can be used and it must have a barrier to keep spectators at a distance, told that parks with a normal mesh fence/cage around them are not expected to be accepted

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

Can expect it to be junior/senior grounds or 3g with proper facilities which meet criteria. I've been to quite a few with the cages- utter crap for the spectator. Seen a few High Schools have the 3g pitches, any idea how many are actually available to be used on a Friday ?  Guessing clubs won't want to be traveling far to play home games.

LATEST UPDATE 27/05/20

Have confirmed Officially that they have or are applying or operated an Under 20s team in season 19/20.
Nothing is guaranteed until after June the 15th deadline for applications.
The only real problem teams  will have is having the right criteria for their home parks

Dunipace have an U20s confirmed but admittedly unsure at the moment for WOS or EOS
Cumbernauld Colts
Braves / Edusport
BSC
Bonnyton Thistle
Upper Annandale
Mid Annandale
Bellshill                                     New to U20s  Development  CONFIRMED
Clydebank                                New to U20s Development   CONFIRMED
Shettleston                              New to U20s Development   CONFIRMED  (twitter.com/shettleston20s/status/1265313125798207493)

Troon FC                                   New to U20s Development   CONFIRMED  ( twitter.com/TroonFCYA/status/1257986731405705218 )
Vale of Leven                           New to U20s Development   CONFIRMED 
Rossvale                                   New to U20s Development   CONFIRMED  (twitter.com/RossvaleFCU20s/status/1264648795725484034)
East Kilbride FC                       New to U20s Development   CONFIRMED  (twitter.com/EKFC20s/status/1263185047915507715)
Carluke Rovers FC                   New to U20s Development   CONFIRMED
Darvel FC                                 New to U20s Development   CONFIRMED 
( twitter.com/darvelfc/status/1263522036506406915/photo/1 )
St Cadocs YC                            New to U20s Development   CONFIRMED  (mobile.twitter.com/StCadocsYC/status/1263924087228960771 )
Whitletts Victoria Fc              New to U20s Development   CONFIRMED  (twitter.com/wvfc_official/status/1265697863281016835)
Maryhill FC                              New to U20s Development   CONFIRMED  (twitter.com/Maryhill_FC/status/1265317242054627329)
St Rochs FC                              New to U20s Development   CONFIRMED   (twitter.com/StRochsJuniors/status/1264645421667942402)
Johnstone Burgh Fc           New to U20s Development   CONFIRMED  (twitter.com/johnstone_burgh/status/1264267990243123201)
Newmains United Fc           New to U20s Development   CONFIRMED  (twitter.com/NewmainsUtdFC/status/1265736408813142017)
Gartcairn FC                             New to U20s Development   CONFIRMED  (twitter.com/GartcairnFA/status/1263735383931699200 )
Arthurlie FC                             New to U20s Development   CONFIRMED  (twitter.com/barrheadyouthfc/status/1265360661225312257 )

POSSIBLY; Teams who have expressed an interest (two teams from the group below I know will be applying to the U20 development league so that would take it to 25 teams, (26 if counting Dunipace) from the West side and with an impressive, excellent East side of over 29 teams, the Lowland U20s Development League looks as if is growing from strength to strength)

Neilston
Rutherglen Glencairn
Yoker Athletic
Kirkintilloch Rob Roy,    (heard  today that Kirky applied cpl o days ago but nothing official as of yet)

Shown interest but no one with any concrete information

Kilwinning
Pollok
Largs Thistle
Irvine Meadow

Cumbernauld and Cumnock are looking into it but think it looks like 21/22 when they are ready
Beith definitely next year 21/22

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

See More ………….  "as we look to strengthen the pathway towards the new West Development League"

Talbot fielded an Under 17's last season. Will they be pusshing that side up into the Lowland Under 20's Development League next season or maybe wait a season or so? 

Edited by Dev