West Development U20 League / Teams

16 hours ago, combineharvester said:

A answered your question in previous post  no deflection  you seem to avoid a lot ...

are you in  involved at cadocs cos you’ve you stated you Dnt get involved  How clubs operate ? So why such interest ? 

By the time he's finished one of his long winded posts he probably will be he's been at every other club in the region trying to do something of note and failed. His reputation is laughable currently at Rossvale 19s /20s maybe st cadocs very soon if he can get a contact name and number. Beware. 

Is this the same guy that's AimHigh on the Pollok forum as he posts the same long winded pish on there.

By the time he's finished one of his long winded posts he probably will be he's been at every other club in the region trying to do something of note and failed. His reputation is laughable currently at Rossvale 19s /20s maybe st cadocs very soon if he can get a contact name and number. Beware. 

52 minutes ago, traffordab said:

First of all, I've checked, I know the guy who is the coach at that club and he certainly isn't me, played beside him in his first year at the Bens
no wonder your scared of him
You've fucked up again trafford

34 minutes ago, andy25 said:

emoji848.png

Unfortunately Andy, I don't know who this guy is who you say but its nice to know people try and out people whom they don't like
Pollok was  a team I always loved playing against and trying to beat. id rather work at benburb than Pollok but don't think they have an academy or teams.
I think it tells a lot about people who try and out people on here.

Trafford has clearly mental health issues, something that he needs to address and get help.
I'm sure it something in regards to his trolling for pie and Bovril to deal with and take further action

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

9 hours ago, Dev said:

That seems a positive step ,and good luck to them. Out of interest,are there loads of clubs that run sides from youth right through to senior level ? or is there a gap after a certain age - where the 20's development can fill a gap. Looking forward to a full lge set up for next season, good progression. 

26 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

That seems a positive step ,and good luck to them. Out of interest,are there loads of clubs that run sides from youth right through to senior level ? or is there a gap after a certain age - where the 20's development can fill a gap. Looking forward to a full lge set up for next season, good progression. 

I higher proportion of  clubs that moved to the WOFL region from the juniors don't have that much, that may have a connection to a team etc
There are quite a few academies some with connection, some not. Hillwood is a excellent academy with facilities but not sure if they are connected to any specific senior team.
Kilwinning, Pollok, Rossvale, Auchinleck, Bellshill, St Cadocs, Beith, Clydebank, Ashfield, Bellshill, Rutherglen Glencairn and a few more all have academies connected to the first team in one way or another.

Lots of clubs who have moved are now looking to implement this in a connection to teams or academies and I think this will stimulate a lot of lads to stay in football wanting a chance of a crack at the local senior team.
The amount of teams announcing they are joining or applying is exciting and I will be trying to figure out Friday,  which game to go and watch as there will be tons of games that should be brill and exciting, cant wait

58 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I higher proportion of  clubs that moved to the WOFL region from the juniors don't have that much, that may have a connection to a team etc
There are quite a few academies some with connection, some not. Hillwood is a excellent academy with facilities but not sure if they are connected to any specific senior team.
Kilwinning, Pollok, Rossvale, Auchinleck, Bellshill, St Cadocs, Beith, Clydebank, Ashfield, Bellshill, Rutherglen Glencairn and a few more all have academies connected to the first team in one way or another.

Lots of clubs who have moved are now looking to implement this in a connection to teams or academies and I think this will stimulate a lot of lads to stay in football wanting a chance of a crack at the local senior team.
The amount of teams announcing they are joining or applying is exciting and I will be trying to figure out Friday,  which game to go and watch as there will be tons of games that should be brill and exciting, cant wait

Here is my take on current situation & I stand to be corrected as I have not been involved at Boys Club/Youth level for a few years now:

• All teams up to & including U21's so far are registered to & run under the auspices of SYFA & goes 17s -> 19s -> 21s. Players normally pay weekly/monthly subs & coaches are unpaid
  • U20's Development is a separate entity & these players are affiliated to their Senior Teams & signed under amateur status, therefore no payment should be made direct to them ( I could be wrong with this one but is my understanding)
  •  The only recognised Academies that I am aware of are with SPFL Clubs & these have to meet strict SPFL criteria/standards & awarded accordingly 
  • The ex Junior clubs that you mention above from Ayrshire, Kilwinning & Auchinleck have not in the past been directly involved with these Boys Clubs, same can be said for Hurlford, Beith, etc. just name only to my knowledge
  • The only ones that I am aware of in the past have been Whitletts Vics, Troon, Glenafton & Cumnock plus Bonnyton Thistle (Kilmarnocks other Senior Team) but they were at Tier 6 anyway

As stated previously It will be interesting to see what happens & it appears that the money men are making their moves, I fear for the future of some Boys Clubs now & also U21's League 

FYI .... I'm not going to bite back on this post but I hope it does raise some questions & also answers some questions that you may have had

All the best & take care 

Edited by Billy XBoswell

33 minutes ago, Billy XBoswell said:

Here is my take on current situation & I stand to be corrected as I have not been involved at Boys Club/Youth level for a few years now:

• All teams up to & including U21's so far are registered to & run under the auspices of SYFA & goes 17s -> 19s -> 21s. Players normally pay weekly/monthly subs & coaches are unpaid
  • U20's Development is a separate entity & these players are affiliated to their Senior Teams & signed under amateur status, therefore no payment should be made direct to them ( I could be wrong with this one but is my understanding)
  •  The only recognised Academies that I am aware of are with SPFL Clubs & these have to meet strict SPFL criteria/standards & awarded accordingly 
  • The ex Junior clubs that you mention above from Ayrshire, Kilwinning & Auchinleck have not in the past been directly involved with these Boys Clubs, same can be said for Hurlford, Beith, etc. just name only to my knowledge
  • The only ones that I am aware of in the past have been Whitletts Vics, Troon, Glenafton & Cumnock plus Bonnyton Thistle (Kilmarnocks other Senior Team) but they were at Tier 6 anyway

As stated previously It will be interesting to see what happens & it appears that the money men are making their moves, I fear for the future of some Boys Clubs now & also U21's League 

FYI .... I'm not going to bite back on this post but I hope it does raise some questions & also answers some questions that you may have had

All the best & take care 

Billy to answer some of your points (which are legitimate not sure any need for argument): 

1. This is correct. I’m not surprised at the level of interest, because as has been discussed on other threads the ‘adult’ level of youth football (16+) is in a desperate need of repair and fresh ideas for years.

2. You are correct in assumption coaches largely unpaid and players pay fees. Ideally the senior club should work together to build a business plan that finances it long term imo but every club will be different. For some new clubs that will take time also. 

I think your incorrect though players can be paid and play 20s or senior side. That would depend on their contract agreement.

3. The academy structure at the highest level changed to project brave which was ultimately cutting the majority out and focusing on elite player development at a few. 

Which probably explains the mess below it, left behind with little enthusiasm or ideas. That’s why the 20s has gained so much traction I reckon. Minimum standards required and connected to a Senior side adds a level of professionalism away from grassroots.

4. Not really sure what your point is here if you could expand. Surely it’s a good thing in general that boys clubs are now aligning with senior setups. Fragmented grassroots clubs with no pathway at the end doesn’t make sense to me. Maybe some have latched onto a short term opportunity, but hopefully from that we see benefits long term when the structures are in place. 

Hope this helps answer and happy to debate!

ps can assure you that money isn’t the motivating factor here. It requires a hell of a lot of work to run any team at this level. Hence why so many spfl clubs scrapped their academies. I think there is genuine optimism at something positive, new and with like minded people on board.

Edited by BTID

1 hour ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Every club is different. As of this season we will now have a fully integrated pathway for the first time from 8-16 then 16-20 takes in the development squad with 3 potential routes senior, sat ams or sun ams. 

2 hours ago, Billy XBoswell said:

100% agree

Yes is a separate entity under the control of the first team, not all youth players sign amateur forms, but usually all are on an amateur contract. The ones who may not be on amateur forms but might be put on professional contract as the development coaching staff and first team coaching staff believe the lad maybe so good they expect him to have a football career and put him on a professional contract so they don't lose him to another senior team.

•  The only recognised Academies that I am aware of are with SPFL Clubs & these have to meet strict SPFL criteria/standards & awarded accordingly>
    As far as I'm aware agree, your right with recognised academies directly connected with the first team are from the SPFL but you look at Rossvale Academy, they started the first team and the same could be said of St Cadoc's Academy but again they are connected in certain ways

• The ex Junior clubs that you mention above from Ayrshire, Kilwinning & Auchinleck have not in the past been directly involved with these Boys Clubs, same can be said for Hurlford, Beith, etc. just name only to my knowledge.
    I agree with mostly this as well that's why I said in my posts "and a few more all have academies connected to the first team in one way or another. " but just some are stronger than others.

I didn't know about Whitletts, or Glenafton, I know Troon, Bonnyton, and Cumnock had academies of some sort but only from going there with a youth team to play against did I get some info about how it operates.

As stated previously It will be interesting to see what happens & it appears that the money men are making their moves, I fear for the future of some Boys Clubs now & also U21's League>
A development squad is supposed to be a more professional outfit compared to grassroots football anyways as its part of the first team and registered with the SFA so some teams might want higher standard of player involved. I believe There will be a U21s league, its not a big worry and there will be U21 teams

All the best & take care 

Hey Billy
I have listed what I know about the things you've stated.
I don't know why anyone would want to argue with what you have stated I think most are sound and some I have elaborated on what I know

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

4 minutes ago, Sunrise said:

To clarify, the under-20s league would be for players born in 2000 and younger?

For season 2020/21 it would presumably be players born on or after 1st January 2001.

http://slfl.co.uk/rules/development-league-rules/

6.2 Age Limit

To be eligible to participate in the Under 20 Development League, the following criteria will apply:-

Players must be under 20 years of age on the 1st January immediately preceding the start of the playing season. e.g. For season 2019/20 this means players born on or after 1st January 2000.

Up to two over-age players will be allowed to play in the Under 20 Development League or Qualifying League for any club but must be registered in terms of rule 6.1. Over-age players are not allowed to play in the knock out stage of any Cup competition. No Trialist in terms of rule 6.3 is eligible to play in the Under 20 Development League as an overage player.

Any over-age player who meets the criteria laid out in rule 6.1. can only be listed on the team sheet for up to six matches in any season including all listed competitions.

1 minute ago, juventus said:

Licensed clubs only and it’s an U18s competition

Not just licensed clubs - Bonnyton, Camelon, Dunipace, and Inverkeithing were in it this season.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/5436/youth-cup-rules-for-2019-20.pdf

6. Eligible Clubs

6.1 All Clubs in full membership are entitled to enter into the Competition in each Season, subject to any sanction imposed on any Club which would otherwise prevent it from so competing. Entry is also open to other clubs approved by the Professional Game Board prior to the commencement of each season’s Competition.

6.2 All Clubs wishing to enter the Competition shall notify the Scottish FA in writing before 20 July in the year in which the Competition commences.

Eligible players would be those born on or after 1st January 2003.

Getting really interesting then, sadly seen the demise of older youth and men's football down here in Bristol - sat lges have say 14 teams in each div, one Sunday lge has gone altogether, compared to when I finished playing in 98. The amateur/senior game is still strong in Sth Wales (where I watch a few games)  and appears to be on a strong footing in Scotland as well. Looking forward to getting back to Scotland next season.