West Development U20 League / Teams

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Dev said:

Both Threave Rovers and Girvan looking to have Under 20's teams next season.

I may be wrong but pretty sure Threave are virtually setup. Would need to read through tweets and local papers but pretty sure Threave are good to go.

31 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

With the individual leagues taking over the running of the dev leagues in their region I assume the sole SOS team Mid-Annandale will be in the West development league?

The sole SoS team are Lochar Thistle, but yes, they'll be in the West of Scotland Football Development League. 

More info to follow once we've spoken to the clubs.

When are the leagues being set, I fear teams are just filling the development league with poor quality sides in order to fulfil their obligations for license. 

Some of the new teams starting out are so far from 1st team in terms of talent and potential it is looking more like boys club than a step up.

4 minutes ago, fieldsofdreams said:

When are the leagues being set, I fear teams are just filling the development league with poor quality sides in order to fulfil their obligations for license. 

Some of the new teams starting out are so far from 1st team in terms of talent and potential it is looking more like boys club than a step up.

There is no requirement for teams to have a u20s side for Scottish FA Licensing.

5 hours ago, fieldsofdreams said:

At the end of the day, players deserve the opportunity to find their levels. Teams may very in terms of quality year to year but that is always going to be the case when it comes to player development.

Probably completely wrong here. Newton Stewart have links with Galloway Thistle and have memories from somewhere that NS were looking into GT become a 20's outfit under the NS umbrella.

Applies if wide of the mark. 

I see that the EoS has released the teams and groupings for next season with a small increase in numbers starting the season 2023/24 compared to the start of 2022/23. Up to 40 from 38.

Is there any news about the teams and groupings yet for the WoS?

We are confirmed at 55 teams. 4 regionalised conferences. Season will start on the 4th of August with the Player Data League Cup Sections. 14 sections, winners and 2 best runners up into the Last 16.

Conference A
Annan Athletic
Bellshill Athletic
Blantyre Victoria
Cambuslang Rangers
East Kilbride Thistle
Lanark United
Larkhall Thistle
Lochar Thistle
Newmains United
Royal Albert
Shotts Bon Accord