West Development U20 League / Teams

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/12/2022 at 11:44, Hawf time pie said:

What happens when a club get promoted or relegated out the Lowland ? Does their development team have to move conference?

Don't think so. Tranent stayed in Conference B despite now being a Lowland League team. Conference A is made up of Lowland League and SPFL development teams so I think it will stay as is. The interesting bit might come if more SPFL and LL teams apply to have teams accepted. Do we end up with a conference A1 and A2? and that goes for the west too, if more clubs on board are we adding more conferences and are the league able to copy with additional teams.

League has been very well run until now so hopefully the west can keep that up.

1 hour ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Don't think so. Tranent stayed in Conference B despite now being a Lowland League team. Conference A is made up of Lowland League and SPFL development teams so I think it will stay as is. The interesting bit might come if more SPFL and LL teams apply to have teams accepted. Do we end up with a conference A1 and A2? and that goes for the west too, if more clubs on board are we adding more conferences and are the league able to copy with additional teams.

League has been very well run until now so hopefully the west can keep that up.

I expect more and more Pro Youth teams (lower end of the Championship and downwards)to filter into the league due to cheaper costs, and travel etc and the more "competitive style" of football being played.

5 hours ago, Hawf time pie said:

I expect more and more Pro Youth teams (lower end of the Championship and downwards)to filter into the league due to cheaper costs, and travel etc and the more "competitive style" of football being played.

I agree, I believe there were several more last season who expressed an interest only to change their minds at the last second with the intent of doing it this season. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/02/2023 at 22:34, Craig fae the Vale said:

St Roch's u20s 4-2 Vale of Leven u20s. 

The less said about that one, the better.

Also, had an absolute adventure coming home. First three routes I tried to go had road closures so I eventually got home by going a reluctant fourth choice route.

20230210_193143.jpg

Was it a good game?