West Development U20 League / Teams

Any reason why there's so many clubs withdrawing from Conference F?

That's four clubs withdrawn from one Conference alone - Ardrossan Winton Rovers, Dalry Thistle, Kilwinning Rangers and Maybole Juniors - but in the other 5 conferences in total only two clubs have pulled out. It's a bit frustrating for clubs that pay for the hire of a park and referee and then find that money has been wasted as the result is expunged.

1 hour ago, theesel1994 said:

That's four clubs withdrawn from one Conference alone - Ardrossan Winton Rovers, Dalry Thistle, Kilwinning Rangers and Maybole Juniors - but in the other 5 conferences in total only two clubs have pulled out. It's a bit frustrating for clubs that pay for the hire of a park and referee and then find that money has been wasted as the result is expunged.

Have Darvel not folded also?

12 minutes ago, Uncle Scan said:

Have Darvel not folded also?

They played Largs on Friday and were on the fixture list tweeted out earlier today to play Neilston this Friday - but funnily enough, it was someone else with the same "rumour" that prompted my post. Where is this Darvel story coming from? If true it reduces that Conference to 11 clubs.

3 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

They played Largs on Friday and were on the fixture list tweeted out earlier today to play Neilston this Friday - but funnily enough, it was someone else with the same "rumour" that prompted my post. Where is this Darvel story coming from? If true it reduces that Conference to 11 clubs.

Know a few players due they are from the Paisley area. They are the ones spreading the rumour 

Know a few players due they are from the Paisley area. They are the ones spreading the rumour 

It was never going to be sustainable lifting a team from Paisley to travel to Darvel every other week. Especially when they have no realistic chance of getting any first team football. With more realistic development opportunities on their doorstep like Johnstone Burgh (mainly ex glenvale anyway), glenvale and St. Peter’s (inc numerous others) it was a pretty short sighted quick fix from Darvel.

16 hours ago, theesel1994 said:

Add Darvel to that list as they have now pulled out also...

I said at the start when the conferences were drawn that an "Ayrshire" conference wouldn`t work and the teams should`ve been spread across the conferences - not just Bonnyton into conf` A. Teams were again playing the same teams as the old SYFA league with the exception of Arthurlie, Neilston and Port Glasgow.

It simply wasn`t going to work, too many teams with not enough players to pull from - the WSYFL lost 2-3 teams every season at 19`s, so this was not going to be any different. Clubs who hadn`t previously had teams brought in younger teams to represent them to part of the new league - these teams couldn`t compete against older more established teams, players and coaches lost interest and the teams have folded. If these teams had been spread across the conferences it would not have had such an impact as it has to Conference F - with remaining teams now playing 30% less games than teams in other conferences.

Void games are expensive with pitch hires @ £110, and Ref fees @ £45 plus expenses 

It extremely frustrating for all clubs that are remaining but especially those who have been played these teams who have lost points. Players work hard every week only to find out weeks/months later that it was all for nothing. Plus the costs of hiring pitches etc. 

Very hard for the league too especially when 5 of the teams have been from one conference.

9 hours ago, geo87 said:

It was never going to be sustainable lifting a team from Paisley to travel to Darvel every other week. Especially when they have no realistic chance of getting any first team football. With more realistic development opportunities on their doorstep like Johnstone Burgh (mainly ex glenvale anyway), glenvale and St. Peter’s (inc numerous others) it was a pretty short sighted quick fix from Darvel.

They were never playing at Darvel.

23 hours ago, theesel1994 said:

Probably just not enough players for teams to have full squads , the under 19 league in Ayrshire only has 14 teams and that includes several under 18 teams , out of those Talbot have 2 teams and valspar 2 

On 12/10/2021 at 07:01, geo87 said:

They had plenty of players. It was as if results weren't going their way just chuck it. Terrible attitude 

Where can I find these under 20 fixtures and venues ? Maybe my lack of keyboard skills, but couldn't find it on the WOSFL website [emoji165] probs right in front of my eyes !
The competition isn't organised by the WoSFL. It is run by the Lowland League.

On 12/10/2021 at 11:50, jimbaxters said:

A real pity this. Must be so frustrating for young players who want to play and now have to rake about for a new team.

Some who are still aged will drop,down too the under 19 league , Kilwinning had 4 trialists yesterday who originally played for the development team , whether this is because they are going to be signing or because the were playing Talbot under 18s remains to be seen tbh 

16 hours ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Where can I find these under 20 fixtures and venues ? Maybe my lack of keyboard skills, but couldn't find it on the WOSFL website 👓 probs right in front of my eyes !

scottishfootballfixtures is good Andy, it has all levels fixtures and results in the one place.

20 hours ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Where can I find these under 20 fixtures and venues ? Maybe my lack of keyboard skills, but couldn't find it on the WOSFL website 👓 probs right in front of my eyes !

27 minutes ago, Stuart1 said:

Can get them on east of Scotland website.

Not in the main fixtures list but on the U20s link in the menu: https://www.eosfl.com/downloads/eosfl/Under-20-League-Fixture-List-2021-22.xlsx

Grounds are listed though best to check with the clubs before setting off to a game.

Thanks, do use the WordPress quite a bit, very useful. When I download the EOS my old tablet won't open the file. Will keep looking at both the Lowland and EOS websites for updates. Used to enjoy the West Youth stuff on a Sunday (Troon etc) but that seems to have gone. Trying to fill my next week in November with as many games as poss. (October saw me get 7 games)