West Development U20 League / Teams

3 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Guys, you need to realize this is a development league, its not about winning. The whole point is for training and match games to develop players so big deal if the season finishes, league finishes NO.
yes the league is there to be won and a goal for the players

As far as I've have bene officially told and read up on, The league fixtures are out there for the whole season.
For example if the development teams get the go ahead on Tuesday the 12th of January to start playing and training, the next schedule game which is on the 15th will start immediately.

Lets make things clear, no league games or cup games with the development teams for 20/21 will be finished in season 21/22.  it will be a new start for season 21/22 if we come out of the pandemic or the tiers go down to levels 2

image.png.a573e6ce42b0936de1ebc1bc729573c9.png

Here's Conference C fixtures- the highlighted ones are the ones that will need fitted in at some point after the season starts. There are another 8 weeks at the end of these fixtures allowed for cup fixtures so will be used for the missing league games.

Guys, you need to realize this is a development league, its not about winning. The whole point is for training and match games to develop players so big deal if the season finishes, league finishes NO.
yes the league is there to be won and a goal for the players

As far as I've have bene officially told and read up on, The league fixtures are out there for the whole season.
For example if the development teams get the go ahead on Tuesday the 12th of January to start playing and training, the next schedule game which is on the 15th will start immediately.

Lets make things clear, no league games or cup games with the development teams for 20/21 will be finished in season 21/22.  it will be a new start for season 21/22 if we come out of the pandemic or the tiers go down to levels 2

Try telling the players and coaches winning isn’t important. Teams want to win end of story.

In terms of the league starting we need to see what level we all end up next Tuesday. Certainly looks like some of the west local authorities will go back to 3 rather than 2 but hopefully more do so we can get players training and then playing at least friendlies

12 hours ago, theesel1994 said:

image.png.a573e6ce42b0936de1ebc1bc729573c9.png

Here's Conference C fixtures- the highlighted ones are the ones that will need fitted in at some point after the season starts. There are another 8 weeks at the end of these fixtures allowed for cup fixtures so will be used for the missing league games.

The game dates that have already passed, DO NOT NEED TO TAKE PLACE

The leagues are not about finishing and not about the leagues.  The development league is about developing players, nothing more, nothing less.  .

If and when the league starts it will finish on the last league date as expected so if the league games are not finished, so what.  Also winning each league does not put a team in the top division, why, because it will be conference leagues again and again each season

5 hours ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Try telling the players and coaches winning isn’t important. Teams want to win end of story.

In terms of the league starting we need to see what level we all end up next Tuesday. Certainly looks like some of the west local authorities will go back to 3 rather than 2 but hopefully more do so we can get players training and then playing at least friendlies

Guess what, the coaches of the development teams are not in charge of the development teams, the first team are.
Those coaches wont last too long if they are only interested in winning the league and not developing players.

Young players always want to win and so they should, but developing those players is the remint of the first team and the coaching staff of the development teams, if they dont produce, then the first team committee etc... will get someone else

Guess what, the coaches of the development teams are not in charge of the development teams, the first team are.
Those coaches wont last too long if they are only interested in winning the league and not developing players.

Young players always want to win and so they should, but developing those players is the remint of the first team and the coaching staff of the development teams, if they dont produce, then the first team committee etc... will get someone else

You can do both FFS.

Of course they want to develop players but players will sign for clubs for a number of reasons one of which is the chance to win. Coaches will be judges on a number of reasons and I will bet if a development team is struggling every year there will be a change.

44 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

You can do both FFS.

Of course they want to develop players but players will sign for clubs for a number of reasons one of which is the chance to win. Coaches will be judges on a number of reasons and I will bet if a development team is struggling every year there will be a change.

Auch geez a break, I never said you can’t, just usual people going off on a tangent and not taking in the way the post is convey or meant.  There are people on here saying the league must be finished.  I only posted for one reason and one reason alone when people are stating something that is not true, there is no need for it to be finished.

If the league starts then that is great as these lads in the development league have been shafted the most out of most youth teams.  Nearly a 6 week spell not allowed to train or play games and then when allowed back, new government changes making their training all non contact.  Yes all correct in the rules, just happens that the conditions have affected the dev teams the most.

The fact is. If the Council / Health board regions go down to tier 2, whatever development fixture listed is next then that game will be played and the rest of the other fixtures will be played and the fixtures that have been missed so far will try to be squeezed in but its no big deal if it isn't.

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread
Spelling and some more info

On 03/12/2020 at 19:22, geo87 said:

Noticed the burgh have signed several Darvel 20s players, hardly surprising considering they’re all local boys.

Do Darvel have enough players for a team?

Just 2 players

One of them a keeper

No suprise since there's only 2 keepers between the first team and development teams

Very hard for a youngster to get in Darvel's first team i would imagine

• 1 month later...
On 03/02/2021 at 20:31, Andy groundhopper said:

Hopefully the thought is to keep the lads interested, and see them progress into the 1st teams asap. That should be a natural thing whether they are winning or losing - or is it just players from the better sides that progress ? Hope they get the go- ahead to restart.

No, the development league will offer more and better chances of grassroots lads moving up from any team.  BUT it depends on each team, the coaching staff, the pathway, the attitude of the first team management and even the effect of the first team committee can harm or damage progress. All these things will be in the mix and will add to whether the player moves up or not.  It really all depends how each and every team is run, right through their system and how their pathway works.

There's also no need for the lads to move to the first team asap, let them gain experience at their own training, then first team games, then friendly games and then competitive games and see how it goes, not only that, you will get different first team management sniffing about development teams to see any players they can bring in, personally nothing wrong with that as long as they do it officially

• 3 weeks later...
On 14/07/2020 at 23:11, Kp91 said:

Sorry I know this is a bit out of context to what your talking about but can I ask that if anyone knows of any clubs releasing u20 players could you let me know so I can make contact or you can ask them to contact Clyde u19s as I know they are desperately looking for new players and it's been a struggle for them to get players in due to alot of players joining u20 teams, I know some teams have big squads now and will be cutting numbers down so any help would be appreciated, players can contact Peter Kane on 07774327119 or message me on here and I can pass information on to the club on there behalf, any help would be appreciated, thanks for your time 

Sadly Clyde seem no longer to have to enter the Under 20's Development League next season but the players who may have gone into this squad seem to have moved over to the Easterhouse Football Academy club. If/when Easterhouse FA gets into the WoS then they can enter the Development League.

zUdfvXg9_reasonably_small.jpg

EK Thistle are looking to to create a player pathway from fun 4's to senior football. We are looking to recruit players & coaches from the following age groups 2003's 2004's 2005's 2006's 2007's 2008's 2009's 2010's 2011's 2012's 2013's 2014's 2015's 1/2

Today our focus is on players born in 2002/2003. If you are a young player looking for a new challenge please get in touch, via DM, email, officialEKTFC@outlook.com or by telephone 07934179765 @TeamfinderScot1@OfficialWoSFL

3h
  •  
  •  
  •  

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Gartcairn FC said:

Gartcairn FC are delighted to announce the birth of our new Under 20s team. 

Team will be managed by Stevie Burr and Jock Mcstay.

looking forward to starting the development  league.

BE1A8FE7-4E33-48A8-89B8-146E676A47FC.jpeg

Good news.

Heard that Fauldhouse and Bathgate might be adding a U20 teams for season 21/22.
Oh through the grapevine that Stirling Albion might be adding a team into the dev league next season.
With Kilbride Thistle announcing if their WOSFL application is successful then they will add an u20 teams into the development league for next season
Anyone  heard the same or any other teams who are thinking of joining the u20 league season 21/22

I understand that the original list of 38 clubs for the 2020/21 Under 20's Development League in the West was as shown below. Some additional clubs have expressed interest in joining for 2021/22, including one club labelled (provis) as it has not yet been elected into the WoS.  Perhaps this list can be used as a basis for next season's entries? 

Ardrossan Winton Rovers Darvel Newmains United
Arthurlie Drumchapel Pollok
Beith East Kilbride Renfrew
Bellshill Athletic Forth Wanderers Rossvale
Benburb Irvine Meadow Shettleston
Blantyre Victoria Johnstone Burgh St Anthony’s
Bonnyton Thistle Kilwinning Rangers St Cadocs
BSC Glasgow Kirkintilloch Rob Roy St Roch’s
Caledonian Braves Largs Thistle Troon
Carluke Rovers Maryhill Vale of Leven
Clydebank Maybole Juniors Whitletts Victoria
Cumbernauld Colts Mid Annandale Yoker Athletic