West Development U20 League / Teams

17 hours ago, Dev said:

Youth Football Thread:  Clyde FC Under 19’s Looking For Players.

By Kp91, Saturday at 12:49 in Youth Football

Clyde Fc u19s are on the look out to add quality players to there squad for the new season, this is potentially a pathway to the first team and possible training opportunities within the first team environment in time, the team has a new manager in place and a new coaching team all of whom have joined from Celtic Fc, this is an exciting opportunity and if anyone is interested or required more info then please contact club secretary Peter Kane on 07774327119 the club is planning to move into the u20 development league the season after this one so exciting times ahead for the club 

This is Clyde FC Community/ School of Footbal or whatever they are - I know that Clyde used their players last season but they are SYFA - I assume that underlined but is an intent for Clyde to absorb them more formally?

17 hours ago, Seasiders Youth said:
   1 hour ago,  Whittlets vicsaid: 

Doesn't say much for there characters doing that its actually disgusting

It says everything about the character as willing to walk away from 2yrs hard work to maintain the opportunities for the players in their squad.

There are 2 sides to every story and the full story will come out for sure. 

Not the best news for Troon but for two coaches to stand up and maintain a dedicated squad looking after “youth” interest for a change takes a lot of courage and hard work. Looking from the outside Troon could probably have done with fresh legs / desire and hunger last year never mind the typical Scottish way of auld heads to get the job done. Good luck to Troon and the new Medda 20s. 

4 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

This is Clyde FC Community/ School of Footbal or whatever they are - I know that Clyde used their players last season but they are SYFA - I assume that underlined but is an intent for Clyde to absorb them more formally?

I added the under-lining to draw attention to a club with plans for the Under 20's Development League.

However, only senior clubs can enter a team into the league so presumably Clyde rather than Clyde Community School - unless this is apart of the SPFL club. Anyone know?

58 minutes ago, Dev said:

I added the under-lining to draw attention to a club with plans for the Under 20's Development League.

However, only senior clubs can enter a team into the league so presumably Clyde rather than Clyde Community School - unless this is apart of the SPFL club. Anyone know?

or they're just fishing for players! I noticed Wigtown have them in pre-season and it's being (afaik) billed as Clyde FC rather than this team.

And these guys are SYFA, in the West 21s last season, 19s elsewhere too I assume?

http://www.west-of-scotland-21s-football-league.co.uk/All_Leagues.html

Edited by cmontheloknow

Best wishes to Troon and their rebuilding project, regular story of promises, escapes and mass deflections to other clubs, following their manager,best mate etc. Guessing that no players have signed on yet for the U20 league ? hopefully this doesn't happen too often, can't trust anyone can you. 

It says everything about the character as willing to walk away from 2yrs hard work to maintain the opportunities for the players in their squad.
There are 2 sides to every story and the full story will come out for sure. 
Still no right they could have left but to take the full team is shite.

On 30/04/2020 at 17:51, Kenny*******Powers said:

Valspar 19s manager and players all been asked to join Troon 

Thought I read this earlier in the thread. Troon not that innocent if this is the case. Overlooking their own squad ????

1 hour ago, P TO8JAT said:

Thought I read this earlier in the thread. Troon not that innocent if this is the case. Overlooking their own squad ????

I understand Valspar are joining Maybole?

Edited by Sunrise

49 minutes ago, Kenny*******Powers said:

Yes, they are. To my knowledge, Troon also asked them

Seems that making up stories or telling lies is a recurring theme in the last 24 hours. 

Just to confirm... Callum Nairn, a good friend of mine, approached myself a few months ago and asked me what was happening with Troon 20s for the coming season as he knew we had applied to join the new WOSFL 20s.

I informed him that the clubs plan was to take our 19s from last year as all of them would be eligible and we rated some of their players... this is the only conversation between Valspar & Troon... through myself and Callum. 

This is all documented in messages between us, so if anyone wants to make even more of an arse of themselves by making up some more stories then feel free. 

Sorry I know this is a bit out of context to what your talking about but can I ask that if anyone knows of any clubs releasing u20 players could you let me know so I can make contact or you can ask them to contact Clyde u19s as I know they are desperately looking for new players and it's been a struggle for them to get players in due to alot of players joining u20 teams, I know some teams have big squads now and will be cutting numbers down so any help would be appreciated, players can contact Peter Kane on 07774327119 or message me on here and I can pass information on to the club on there behalf, any help would be appreciated, thanks for your time 

About the Irvine Meadow under 20s.

"Irvine Meadow are pleased to announce the management team for our new U20`s Development Squad who will compete in the new Lowland Development League (West).

Head Coach Jamie McCulloch comes to us with playing experience in England at Oldham Athletic FC and Ipswich Town FC before an ACL injury prematurely finished his playing career. On returning to Scotland Jamie coached in the Ayr United Football Academy before moving to Hibernian FC then onto working with the SFA on the Project Brave initiative. Jamie brings with him a proven track record of player development and progression.

Jamie will work closely with the first team staff and be assisted by his backroom team of Nick Coles (Strength and Conditioning Coach), Scott Johnston (Goal Keeping Coach) and Jon McTear (Team Coordinator / Recruitment).

Squad recruitment is progressing well - 15 players already signed with more expected in the coming weeks - to complete what we expect will be a strong and talented squad - all pushing to take their opportunity in the first team squad.

Jamie stated “We are delighted to be taking up this challenge at Irvine Meadow and look forward to working closely with Colin, James and David. From first discussions, management and the club committee have been open and clear on their ambitions and philosophies, which are totally in-line with our own footballing values. Young players are not commodities, they need to be valued and appreciated to develop them properly into first team environment - the investment in the development squad and buy-in from the club has been tremendous. We look forward to introducing these young players to the Medda fans and seeing them at our games on Friday nights to watch the lads develop and progress towards the first team”.