West Development U20 League / Teams

Potentially the best change to the upper level of youth football in a generation. *If* we all support it and get behind it. Could be a real positive influence for 16-19 year olds in the west.

Looking forward to competing and building a successful league for the next generation in all our communities.⚪🔴⚫

Evening all, hope you are all safe and well.

I know Arthurlie 20s are looking forward to coming up against some of the teams in the league especially as we have never played any of them before. I know the travel can be a challenge but this should hopefully be getting the players ready to progress to the first team.

in terms of the committee, I can’t comment on other clubs but Arthurlies committee and first team management have been tremendous so far. They want the best for Arthurlie and the players and that’s all that we can go on.

i hope that we will get the chance to play some cup games to experience different teams but who knows we we can start again.

Here’s  hoping we can argue soon at the side of a pitch about an offside rather than on here 

12 hours ago, BTID said:

Potentially the best change to the upper level of youth football in a generation. *If* we all support it and get behind it. Could be a real positive influence for 16-19 year olds in the west.

Looking forward to competing and building a successful league for the next generation in all our communities.⚪🔴⚫

Correct,but the league must be supported by the fans - see in England the difference between league clubs attendances and those in the FA Youth Cup,almost like no one cares. In reality a brilliant move for the youngsters as they move towards the first team. Times are difficult but the current progress must be a positive step forward for football.

14 hours ago, vancy17 said:

Evening all, hope you are all safe and well.

I know Arthurlie 20s are looking forward to coming up against some of the teams in the league especially as we have never played any of them before. I know the travel can be a challenge but this should hopefully be getting the players ready to progress to the first team.

in terms of the committee, I can’t comment on other clubs but Arthurlies committee and first team management have been tremendous so far. They want the best for Arthurlie and the players and that’s all that we can go on.

i hope that we will get the chance to play some cup games to experience different teams but who knows we we can start again.

Here’s  hoping we can argue soon at the side of a pitch about an offside rather than on here 

There's no arguments, if you knew how P&B worked you'd realise why some people are the way they are.
I think most realise how good this potentially is and First team clubs that have added a U20 team realise the importance and the possible big effect it can have on their club as a whole.

This is a development league and that's what its about, developing youth players and to reach a level that will give them a chance to progress to the first team of their club or even beyond.   Last season in the development league there were clubs in the development divisions at mid level or even lower down in the two divisions who  supplied players to their first teams and other players to teams even higher up, That's why you have teams like East Fife and Edinburgh City who are in the SPFL 1 and 2 respectively wanting to continue in the development league.  There's been a few blips along the way and some moans and some blinkered moans about the league draw, structure etc... but in general nearly everyone is looking forward to a fantastic future of development football that I believe will be here for a long time to come.

Last year the league had 29 teams, this year the lowland development league has 68 teams with 5 from the West continuing this year for a total of 38 West teams, 33 are brand new to development league.   I mean look at the list below a fully functioning West Region development league that we believe and told it will be ALL-IN in next season 

West Conference A

West Conference B

West Conference C

Bellshill Athletic

Blantyre Victoria

Bonnyton Thistle

BSC Glasgow

Caledonian Braves

Carluke Rovers

Cumbernauld Colts

East Kilbride

Forth Wanderers

Kirkintilloch Rob Roy

Mid Annandale

Newmains United

Shettleston

St Roch’s

Benburb

Clydebank

Drumchapel United

Johnstone Burgh

Maryhill

Pollok

Renfrew

Rossvale

St Anthony’s

St Cadocs

Vale of Leven

Yoker Athletic

Ardrossan Winton Rovers

Arthurlie

Beith

Cumnock

Darvel

Irvine Meadow

Kilwinning Rangers

Largs Thistle

Maybole

Neilston

Troon

Whittles Victoria

and with an east region below, I can only see the development league becoming a lot stronger and bigger with many first teams benefiting greatly from these players development

East Conference A

East Conference B

Bonnyrigg Rose

Camelon

Edinburgh City

Edinburgh South

Edinburgh United

Edinburgh University

Gala Fairydean Rovers

Glenrothes

Kelty hearts

Kennoway Star Hearts

Kirkcaldy and Dysart

Musselburgh Athletic

Penicuik Athletic

Preston Athletic

Sauchie

Spartans

Blackburn United

Civil Service Strollers

Dalkeith Thistle

Dunipace

East Fife

Heriot-Watt University

Hill of Beath Hawthorn

Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts

Jeanfield Swifts

Leith Athletic

Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale

Tynecastle

University of Stirling

Whitehill Welfare

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

Good morning 

I know this was mentioned before but do you think teams will be charging to watch development games? If so what are the rulings regarding charging at council facilities?

I don’t think for a second any home team expects to make money but would be nice to claw back some of the almost £200 costs per home game 

25 minutes ago, Newmainac1875 said:

Good morning 

I know this was mentioned before but do you think teams will be charging to watch development games? If so what are the rulings regarding charging at council facilities?

I don’t think for a second any home team expects to make money but would be nice to claw back some of the almost £200 costs per home game 

For Every team it costs money to run a home game, some might be £200 some might be £100 some might be less.
I know teams who will be charging £1 or £2 to get in, I know of teams who will have donation buckets and its up to the visitors to decide if they want to put money in.
You also have to remember for the past 4 years or so that the development league has bene operating the teams have all received their money back that they paid out for referees fees.
So if you paid out £60 for each 13 home games, that's £780 you will get back form the SFA. Unless they are so skint they cannot afford to give the development teams any money back.

This has been talked about earlier.  If you are renting the council park then I'm sure you can charge but I think there's got to be some arrangement in place.
Sure someone on here can confirm yes or no.  You can definitely have a donation bucket for the games

1 hour ago, Kirk St Moritz said:

Based on the 38 teams in the three league's, where would you have placed Mid Annandale, out of interest?

And bearing in mind that Mid Annandale had played in the predominantly East-based 20's Dev League previously, but had applied to play in West section, so assuming they have gone into this again with eyes open?

The longest trip to Lockerbie in that Conference appears to be for Cumbernauld Colts, and even that will be all motorway for a one-off journey.

Tayside

Youth Football Thread:  Clyde FC Under 19’s Looking For Players.

By Kp91, Saturday at 12:49 in Youth Football

Clyde Fc u19s are on the look out to add quality players to there squad for the new season, this is potentially a pathway to the first team and possible training opportunities within the first team environment in time, the team has a new manager in place and a new coaching team all of whom have joined from Celtic Fc, this is an exciting opportunity and if anyone is interested or required more info then please contact club secretary Peter Kane on 07774327119 the club is planning to move into the u20 development league the season after this one so exciting times ahead for the club 

4 hours ago, Kirk St Moritz said:

Based on the 38 teams in the three league's, where would you have placed Mid Annandale, out of interest?

And bearing in mind that Mid Annandale had played in the predominantly East-based 20's Dev League previously, but had applied to play in West section, so assuming they have gone into this again with eyes open?

The longest trip to Lockerbie in that Conference appears to be for Cumbernauld Colts, and even that will be all motorway for a one-off journey.

Hey Kirk St Maritz

There been a few people shouting their mouths off, either at the windup, trolling, some not fully understanding the concept and or even the long term positive effect this will have on youth football

Mid Annadale played in the Lowland league last year against the following teams:

BSC

University of Stirling (SLFL) 

Bonnyton Thistle 

Musselburgh Athletic 

Heriot Watt University 

Kelty Hearts 

Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts 

Penicuik Athletic 

Civil Service Strollers 

Preston Athletic 

Dunipace 

Camelon Juniors 

Broxburn Athletic 

Newtongrange Star

and guess what, a lot of travelling for them last season where the opposition only had to travel to them once and we HAVE NOT HEARD Mid Annadale moan about the Lowland league from last year or heard them moan about it this year, no, why because they know the benefits of the league, they know the positives and know all the potential this league offers youth and first teams together.

The Lowland league has regionalised the league into West and East regions which is fantastic and then they stated they may have to put the West into 3 divisions if its a late start, which they have done so and they also stated they might regionalise it with in the West region as well to save on travelling and also seeding

Its very easy to work out the league structure, its very easy to work out why and guess what, the lowland Development league is very experienced in organising this level and a sit has grown continuously since it stared and I suspect it will be bigger next year

1 hour ago, CrosshouseWav said:

IMG_2875.thumb.jpg.744f7653deda736cbdf983d1e1129c0e.jpg

Disgraceful behaviour

No shock the muppet on here who drones on and on has drifted about from Petershill,  Pollok,  St Roch,  Clydebank and Rossvale youth teams without a care in the world bouncing about clubs like nobody's business making a mockery of youth football which has a long term problem in this country and has had for two decades now a fancy new untested league doesn't change that .

Edited by ballermk

1 hour ago, Whittlets vic said:
2 hours ago, CrosshouseWav said:
IMG_2875.thumb.jpg.744f7653deda736cbdf983d1e1129c0e.jpg

Disgraceful behaviour

Doesn't say much for there characters doing that its actually disgusting

1 hour ago,  Whittlets vicsaid: 

Doesn't say much for there characters doing that its actually disgusting

It says everything about the character as willing to walk away from 2yrs hard work to maintain the opportunities for the players in their squad.

There are 2 sides to every story and the full story will come out for sure. 

8 hours ago, ballermk said:

No shock the muppet on here who drones on and on has drifted about from Petershill,  Pollok,  St Roch,  Clydebank and Rossvale youth teams without a care in the world bouncing about clubs like nobody's business making a mockery of youth football which has a long term problem in this country and has had for two decades now a fancy new untested league doesn't change that .

Seek help, please.

12 hours ago, Dev said:

Youth Football Thread:  Clyde FC Under 19’s Looking For Players.

By Kp91, Saturday at 12:49 in Youth Football

Clyde Fc u19s are on the look out to add quality players to there squad for the new season, this is potentially a pathway to the first team and possible training opportunities within the first team environment in time, the team has a new manager in place and a new coaching team all of whom have joined from Celtic Fc, this is an exciting opportunity and if anyone is interested or required more info then please contact club secretary Peter Kane on 07774327119 the club is planning to move into the u20 development league the season after this one so exciting times ahead for the club 

Trojan horse for the Big Two.

4 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

Trojan horse for the Big Two.

"The Big Two" don't even play in the SPFL Reserve League. They aren't going to field a side in the Lowland Development League. This is just another SPFL side joining since it has a better structure and less travel than the half arsed SPFL Reserve League.

3 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

"The Big Two" don't even play in the SPFL Reserve League. They aren't going to field a side in the Lowland Development League. This is just another SPFL side joining since it has a better structure and less travel than the half arsed SPFL Reserve League.

Certainly might make it interesting to get a few of the diddy teams in.

13 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

Certainly might make it interesting to get a few of the diddy teams in.

The SPFL Reserve League is on hold in 2020-21 I believe. It was gutted by so many of the top teams withdrawing anyway. If you look at SPFL Reserve League 2 there's maybe a couple of candidates for next season's Development League.

EDIT: When East Fife joined there was the rumour that Alloa Athletic had also been looking into it for instance.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

10 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The SPFL Reserve League is on hold in 2020-21 I believe. It was gutted by so many of the top teams withdrawing anyway. If you look at SPFL Reserve League 2 there's maybe a couple of candidates for next season's Development League.

EDIT: When East Fife joined there was the rumour that Alloa Athletic had also been looking into it for instance.

I'm sure every team in Scottish football have looked into the development league, its common sense to do that but it would only work with part time teams in the current development league structure, the big teams who are full time will be in some other kind of game day structure through the day either in a reserve league or as some do already U18s.

There's a few teams who have stopped their youth and or reserve team as they have to cost cut due to the corvid situation and the effect of club revenue.

Will the development league get bigger, yes as we know there's a few teams getting ready for next season.
Will more teams from the SPFL join, possibly yes I suspect this maybe a big interest for quite a few of them.

Lets see how this season goes with the development league and as I said before the big question for most of us is which cracking game to go to on a Friday evening as there will be a few every Friday night