West Development U20 League / Teams

6 hours ago, glensmad said:
7 hours ago, loughton said:
Shambles already, make no mistake about it teams will fold left right and centre its been happening for ten fifteen years boys clubs rehashing under junior clubs names wont change that!! 

Nobody cares what you think traffordab.

You clearly do, because you make a point of replying every time. If he annoys you that much put him on ignore 

18 hours ago, Kirk St Moritz said:

That's actually a terrific graphic, and I suppose does show that here was some proper thought put into reducing travel in the West, almost three distinct colour groups?

My opinion for what it's worth, and after reading all the comments is:

1.  It would be impossible to please all 38 teams, most of them new to the set-up, and always bound to be a few upset about something.

2.  With a shorter, compressed 1st season looming, reducing the travel and trying to split Geographically appears prudent and is one less barrier to sustainability

3.  Season 1 should allow clubs to demonstrate their competence in every way and "earn their stripes" for Season 2, which I assume would be all in?

4.  There is one dissenter arguing that there is too much travel, and another arguing there is no enough travel, which kind of vindicates point 1 🙂

5.  Other than those 13 teams having to get to Mid Annandale, the maximum travel time for any team is unlikely to exceed 1-hour, based on the above graph, even with a delay factored in.

6.  Splitting the Ayrshire sides into 3 x different Conferences would have meant 3 or 4 x Ayrshire based teams going to places like Mid Annandale, Vale of Leven, KIrkintilloch etc.

7.  Perhaps the existing West based teams have been grouped together as they same to be mostly in same Geography, and all of these teams have probably faced much worse travel over the years on a regular basis than anything in the proposed new set up?

My nephew would appear to be playing in Conf B, and I hope all Conferences work our well and enhance a very good set-up,.

Good luck to all, and hopefully see some of you at Holm Park!

I cant disagree with any of your points

I will say regarding the structure of the Eats Region this year

When you consider how they structures the East Region this season with last years finished leagues of Conference A and Conference B last.
1st A, 3rd A, 5th A, 7th A  all went inot Conference A this year, while 2nd A, 4th A, 6th A, 8th A all went into Conference B this year and the same intended from Conference B last year. Obviously that would have been the full structure on the East except BSC, Cumbernauld Colts, Bonnyton, Mid Annandale and Caledonian Braves moved to the West

Think the same principles will be added to the West region for season 21/22

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

On 06/07/2020 at 20:57, Arthurlie1981 said:

I understand that and as I said it is difficult. But the example being that on a Friday night we will have to get from Glasgow to Maybole for 6.30 (if the kick off is 7:30) and if like me you work till 5 in the city centre it is going to be difficult to do. And the same goes for Maybole having to come up to Barrhead for the same time. It’s a big ask to be able to do it.

Just noticed the distance between Beith and Maybole and it’s 33 miles for both teams so it’s a difficult one. It is what it is and looking forward to the challenge.

On 06/07/2020 at 23:07, Kenny*******Powers said:

Concern about what? You’ll have boys finishing work at 5 o’clock and will probably be delighted that the furthest they have to travel is Barrhead

The standard k.o. time in the Development League (West) will  be 8pm.

Possibly with the proviso that, if both teams agree, it can be brought forward to 7.45 or maybe 7.30 - on a match-by-match basis.

The standard k.o. time in the Development League (West) will  be 8pm.
Possibly with the proviso that, if both teams agree, it can be brought forward to 7.45 or maybe 7.30 - on a match-by-match basis.

As I posted above that’s great but clubs such as us and Neilston are taking on additional costs that clubs around us are not which imo is unfair. The only fair way to do it was to have an open draw for the conferences.

The organisers felt differently and that is that.

1 minute ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

As I posted above that’s great but clubs such as us and Neilston are taking on additional costs that clubs around us are not which imo is unfair. The only fair way to do it was to have an open draw for the conferences.

The organisers felt differently and that is that.

yeah you've drawn the short straw but it is what is it

The league wanted two divisions of 19 but the football is starting late so they have made it 3 divisions and decided to make it local, or try to, which was being looked at by the committee as they want to try and give every chance of the league to work in the first season.  it just so happens that Neilston and Arhurlie are the closest teams to Ayrshire, I Believe.
next year it will be all in and think they will go by the league finishings

The league wanted two divisions of 19 but the football is starting late so they have made it 3 divisions and decided to make it local, or try to, which was being looked at by the committee as they want to try and give every chance of the league to work in the first season.  it just so happens that Neilston and Arhurlie are the closest teams to Ayrshire, I Believe.

I understand that but can’t quite get my head around why not go with 2 leagues of 14 and one of 10 which would of worked imo.

12 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Where does Bonnyton being the only Ayrshire team Not in Conference C fit in that rationale? 

21 hours ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

I understand that but can’t quite get my head around why not go with 2 leagues of 14 and one of 10 which would of worked imo.

So if you have a league of 10, that equates to 18 league games, what do the players do for games after that. They cannot play teams in other conferences as they will be playing and don't tell me that they could play each other 3 or 4 times, that's a nonsense

Wild guess but I'd say the first season with the West clubs is almost a trial, the kick offs will be 8pm like most of last season. Travelling an hour to a game isn't that bad,surely ? As mentioned the costs are a massive part of this, no idea if the fans will react in numbers - will that cover the cost of putting a game on ? Will the season start/finish ok, let's just enjoy it eh, hope I can get up to Scotland 3 or 4 times this season.

So if you have a league of 10, that equates to 18 league games, what do the players do for games after that. They cannot play teams in other conferences as they will be playing and don't tell me that they could play each other 3 or 4 times, that's a nonsense

Listen it is what it is I’ve said my piece and had my moan on it and there is noting more to really say about it except less make the most of a poor situation.

8 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Listen it is what it is I’ve said my piece and had my moan on it and there is noting more to really say about it except less make the most of a poor situation.

How is it a poor situation. I have not seen or read anywhere that teams in the East or the other 2 West Conferences moaning about the split. Perhaps they just want football to start and see the young players develop. It is a development league after all.

How is it a poor situation. I have not seen or read anywhere that teams in the East or the other 2 West Conferences moaning about the split. Perhaps they just want football to start and see the young players develop. It is a development league after all.

IMO its a poor situation and listed the reasons above.

23 hours ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Understand your frustration but if going with 14, 14, 10 why would St Roch's and Shettleston stay in Conference A when Conference B is mainly Glasgow clubs?

Seems the fairest option two clubs closest to Ayrshire (you and Neilston) and the two clubs closest to Lanarkahire or East of Glasgow (us and Shettleston) are the ones who miss the "Glasgow based leagues

Seems pretty fair

3 minutes ago, Glass ceiling said:

Understand your frustration but if going with 14, 14, 10 why would St Roch's and Shettleston stay in Conference A when Conference B is mainly Glasgow clubs?

Seems the fairest option two clubs closest to Ayrshire (you and Neilston) and the two clubs closest to Lanarkahire or East of Glasgow (us and Shettleston) are the ones who miss the "Glasgow based leagues

Seems pretty fair

13 14 11 if you’re grouping them all locally so your logic doesn’t work... Bonnyton in Conf A screws it 

13 hours ago, Seasiders Youth said:

Where does Bonnyton being the only Ayrshire team Not in Conference C fit in that rationale? 

Look I'm not meaning to be condescending or anything like that so please do not treat this as such but its so obviously and staring you in the face.
yes I do believe you are angry and can understand you being that way but I don't believe you are looking at this objectively.
I have no affiliation to any committee guy on the lowland league and have any involvement in the making up of it etc... it just looks common sense to me

WHY is Bonnyton not in the Ayrshire division well to me it looks like  ( Bonnyton Thistle, BSC Glasgow, Caledonian Braves, Cumbernauld Colts and Mid Annandale ) are in the same group as they are experienced teams in the lowland league and should be a good standard than the rest so I expect that's why they are in the same group and also the league want the West region to consolidate, get to grips with everything and flourish in the future years to come.  Arthurlie and Neilston are just that , simply in the Ayrshire Conference group because they are the two closest traditional Glasgowish teams beside Ayrshire.  in every reshuffle or change in leagues etc... someone kinda loses and someone wins, it happens.

To every west region development team, the U20s league is Brand New, Except to the 5 stated and the league wants it to be successful and next year, I believe, will be all in form this years standings.

And for anyone's information, I think all in conferences will be fantastic and exciting but I believe they are organised it that way due to the convid restrictions and to try and save clubs money and travel

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread