West Development U20 League / Teams

22 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I'm sure I can be corrected and don't mind if I am but is Petershill park not run by someone else, or third part who take payments
Also, I'm positive that Broadwood is not Wholly owned by the council but shared with some Cumbernauld cooperation, again I could be wrong

You've lost me with this one tbh. Ourselves, Rossvale and a few other Junior clubs have played home matches at Petershill Park and charged admission no problem, Glasgow City charge for all their home league matches and champions league ties at Petershill Park. The home club rents the ground from the council, and they can then charge admission to their match.

I'm sure I can be corrected and don't mind if I am but is Petershill park not run by someone else, or third part who take payments
Also, I'm positive that Broadwood is not Wholly owned by the council but shared with some Cumbernauld cooperation, again I could be wrong
Petershill is a Glasgow Club, ultimately owned by the council. Port Glasgow's facility is also owned by Inverclyde Council. Dunno if some councils require a certain type of booking if they're charging entry but can definitely be done.

Yeah, at the far end as you come in. Don't think I've ever had to use them. Always pay at the wee desk in the reception area.
They made the mistake of putting electric ones in, which have since chucked it, and with the estimated repair bill running into thousands Glasgow Life have no inclination to fix them.

They made the mistake of putting electric ones in, which have since chucked it, and with the estimated repair bill running into thousands Glasgow Life have no inclination to fix them.
Seems like fairly typical Glasgow City Council wastage. Always thought it was strange they were never used.

Seems like fairly typical Glasgow City Council wastage. Always thought it was strange they were never used.
We did use them when we first moved in, they chucked it after 4 or 5 years. One of our guys then disabled them so the just freewheeled, but a year or so back Glasgow Life got them working again. First home game we had they worked for about 10 minutes and have never worked since.

On 29 June 2020 at 22:35, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Heard a similar story about Ashfield who it's told got exactly zero out of the gate or bar/cafe. The speedway folks kept the gate money and paid the referee.

That would need someone from Ashfield to verify.

On 29/06/2020 at 22:35, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I think this ran away from what was intended and obviously my own fault for not elaborating
We know the councils own these parks or are have part ownership at least, so for lot of these facility council owned stadiums may  have facilities inside where other business use them outwith the football team, say a boxing club, judo club, dance club etx.. So yeah, they can run it as a business as the park is loaned to them so obviously charge including the football team.  I was more thinking of public parks, council owned parks, the type with cages etc... is that you cannot charge people to enter into the game as the parks are just that, public parks.  Maybe there is a way that can be reached with the councils so that they could charge but I don't know of any

Sorry for the confusion

n just want to say, brilliant that all 68 teams that applied to the Lowland u20s development league have been accepted and looking forward to a  Friday night wondering which game to go and watch as I'm sure there is going to be some crackers

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

44 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Great news over the 30/38 split, just wondering if next season will ever happen...nothing until October then, maybe divisions of 10 East and 12/12/14 in the West just to get the games in somehow. With the ground situation, would the lge think of Thursday and Friday games ?

The lowland league will work it out.
They were hoping to have two conferences leagues in each region.
They said its a possibility that if its a late football start then they will change to 3 divisions, (definitely in the West, - maybe the East) and or lose one of the cups  suppose what's defined as a late start.

I did expect problems but suppose officially there are  no ground situations. All clubs have been accepted and therefor I expect they all have an adequate park from the Lowland leagues view   its going to be Friday games only as the development teams are run by the first team so the league could not just hit them with other days for the sake of it when the development lads are also for the first team when needed.  I'm sure after the first season for the West teams and the development league getting to know all the ins and outs of the West, things will be tidied up if a park is verging on unsuitability

I would suspect games midweek as well at the start of the league as the nights haven't drawn in yet so first team park is useable, depending on availability then obviously when the dark nights draw in then the other facility they intend to use that has floodlights will be used.

All in all an exciting time, Friday night constant games and Saturday constant games when we all eventually start, so looking forward to it

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

Hopefully we won't get many occasions when teams cry off due to lack of players, should have known the number of players they had / were likely to sign on, before they applied to join the 20's. Positive stuff for the youngsters, wish I could turn back the clock 🕛 just go and enjoy yourselves.

On 15/06/2020 at 23:01, Dev said:

https://twitter.com/LargsThistleFC/status/1272620010381414400?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Eembeddedtimeline%7Ctwterm%5Elist%3Anlscotland%3Aall_clubs%7Ctwcon%5Etimelinechrome&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fnonleaguescotland.org.uk%2Ftwitter-all.htm

Open hands
We are delighted to have applied to join the under-20s Development League, giving young men born during and before 2001 the best chance to develop and reach the first team. For now please, #stayhomesavelives - we can’t wait to see you again. #theesel

Yellow heart

Black heart

Pleased to hear that Ian Nixon has been appointed to take charge of the largs thistle under 20. Squad. Smashing guy. Been involved at

Different levels of the game playing in goals, and finished the season at Greenock. Good catchment areas for Ian, who is looking

For players 17-20. They may perhaps have been in the pro youth system or released recently. His number is 07714879320.

Good luck 👍

Edited by coach
Spelling