West Development U20 League / Teams

LATEST UPDATE

Have confirmed Officially that they have or are applying or ran an Under 20s team in season 19/20.
Nothing is guaranteed until after June the 15th when deadline for applications

Dunipace have an U20s confirmed but admittedly unsure at the moment for WOS or EOS
Cumbernauld Colts
Braves / Edusport
BSC
Bonnyton Thistle
Upper Annandale
Mid Annandale
Bellshill                                     New to U20s  Development  CONFIRMED
Clydebank                                New to U20s Development   CONFIRMED
Shettleston                              New to U20s Development   CONFIRMED

Troon FC                                   New to U20s Development   CONFIRMED
Vale of Leven                           New to U20s Development   CONFIRMED 
Rossvale                                   New to U20s Development   CONFIRMED
East Kilbride FC                       New to U20s Development   CONFIRMED
Carluke Rovers FC                   New to U20s Development   CONFIRMED
Darvel FC          
                      New to U20s Development   CONFIRMED

St Cadocs YC                            New to U20s Development   CONFIRMED  

POSSIBLY; Teams who have expressed an interest (two teams from the group below I know will be applying to the U20 development league so that would take it to 18 teams, (19 if counting Dunipace) from the West side and with an impressive, excellent East side of over 29 teams, the Lowland U20s Development League looks as if is growing from strength to strength)

Newmains United
Neilston
Rutherglen Glencairn
Gartcairn     (  Official announcement on twitter  twitter.com/GartcairnFA/status/1263735383931699200  stating that they are applying but nothing stated after )
Whitletts Victoria
Johnston Burgh  (announced their management team on official Johnston Burgh twitter other day)
Yoker Athletic
St Rochs    (Officially announced on Twitter that they are looking for players to join their development squad)
Kirkintilloch Rob Roy,    (heard  today that Kirky applied cpl o days ago but nothing official as of yet)

Shown interest but no one with any concrete information

Kilwinning
Pollok
Largs Thistle
Irvine Meadow

Cumbernauld and Cumnock are looking into it but think it looks like 21/22 when they are ready
Beith definitely next year 21/22

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

Exciting times, really hope that the link up between youth and (junior) seniors works well for both sides. All the youth set ups work so hard to give kids a chance,from say under 7, many volunteers,parents etc. Think their love of kids playing keeps them in that set up - not going into the men's game,a vastly different set up/rules etc. Good luck,can't wait to see a few Friday night games. Progress ! 

1 hour ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Exciting times, really hope that the link up between youth and (junior) seniors works well for both sides. All the youth set ups work so hard to give kids a chance,from say under 7, many volunteers,parents etc. Think their love of kids playing keeps them in that set up - not going into the men's game,a vastly different set up/rules etc. Good luck,can't wait to see a few Friday night games. Progress ! 

I think a lot of the teams have to or still to apply will wait for official confirmation after June 15th
Main problem is pitch availability.
It must of a certain standard and be a floodlight astro pitch with barrier.
Obviously any first team who have a astro pitch then you'd think the U20s team would play on the same pitch, Friday night

Cumbernauld colts             Broadwood, Cumbernauld
Clydebank                               Holm park, Clydebank FC
Upper Annadale                   New Tinto Park, Govan, Glasgow - BenburbFC
East KIlbride                           Kpark - EKFC
Dunipace                                  Dunipace Fc park
Braves / Edusport                    Strathclyde Park  ?
BSC                                             ?
Bonnyton Thistle                     ?
Mid Annandale                       ?
Bellshill                                    ?         
Shettleston                              ?

Troon FC                                   ? 
Vale of Leven                           ?              
Rossvale                                   ?                  
East Kilbride FC                       ?
Carluke Rovers FC                   ?  
Darvel FC          
                       ?         

St Cadocs YC                            ?           

Most of the rest Im unsure where they will play

(Moved this post from the other thread)

Great to see so many announcements, though I must admit I'm wondering where all these U20s are going to be playing, as it had been mentioned before that some clubs would struggle to get a pitch on a Friday night. Of course the requirements are lower so some could be playing at schools and sports centres. Maybe the list could be updated with likely venues?

Clydebank at Holm Park, Rossvale presumably back in Bishopbriggs, Troon at Marr playing fields, etc?

Edited by Ginaro

13 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

(Moved this post from the other thread)

Great to see so many announcements, though I must admit I'm wondering where all these U20s are going to be playing, as it had been mentioned before that some clubs would struggle to get a pitch on a Friday night. Of course the requirements are lower so some could be playing at schools and sports centres. Maybe the list could be updated with likely venues?

Clydebank at Holm Park, Rossvale presumably back in Bishopbriggs, Troon at Marr playing fields, etc?

I know when the Vale of Leven Academy was rebuilt they included an astro. Presumbably Vale of Leven would be considering that. Unless there's something more obvious i'm not aware of.

That could make it 29 clubs showing interest, to varying degrees, about entering the Lowland Under 20's for 2020/21. Add to 28 (out of 29) existing sides to get maybe up to about 57 teams!

From these clubs which ran Under 19's in 2019/20:  Blantyre Victoria, Bo'ness United, Larkhall Thistle, Renfrew and Wishaw Juniors don't seem to have made any comments on social media about their intentions about stepping up, or not, to The Lowland Under 20's. Does anyone know any more about their plans?

Existing Under 19s Not in the Under 20's for 2019/20 (10)

Kirkintilloch Rob Roy
Blantyre Victoria
Bo'ness United
Largs Thistle
Larkhall Thistle
Neilston
Renfrew
St Cadoc's
Vale of Leven
Wishaw Juniors
Edited by Dev
'

35 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I know when the Vale of Leven Academy was rebuilt they included an astro. Presumbably Vale of Leven would be considering that. Unless there's something more obvious i'm not aware of.

Vale has just had the astro relaid as well but I’d imagine they’ll play at Argyle Park which has a barrier and new astro

37 minutes ago, Dev said:

That could make it 29 clubs showing interest, to varying degrees, about entering the Lowland Under 20's for 2020/21. Add to 28 (out of 29) existing sides to get maybe up to about 57 teams!

From these clubs which ran Under 19's in 2019/20:  Blantyre Victoria, Bo'ness United, Larkhall Thistle, Renfrew and Wishaw Juniors don't seem to have made any comments on social media about their intentions about stepping up, or not, to The Lowland Under 20's. Does anyone know any more about their plans?

Existing Under 19s Not in the Under 20's for 2019/20 (10)

Kirkintilloch Rob Roy
Blantyre Victoria  
Bo'ness United
Largs Thistle
Larkhall Thistle
Neilston
Renfrew
St Cadoc's
Vale of Leven
Wishaw Juniors

Kirkintilloch Rob Roy         Have Applied

Blantyre Victoria  
Definet NOT this year

Bo'ness United

Largs Thistle

Larkhall Thistle  
Definet No

Neilston

Renfrew

St Cadoc's
Yes Applied

Vale of Leven
Yes Applied

Wishaw Juniors

47 minutes ago, BTID said:

Vale has just had the astro relaid as well but I’d imagine they’ll play at Argyle Park which has a barrier and new astro

Never knew that about Argyll. Mind went to VOLA being so close to Millburn and the habit of using some High Schools.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

14 minutes ago, Seasiders Youth said:

Troon will play at Portland Park & Marr Astro (during winter months.)

Kilwinning and Irvine Meadow are both definitely entering teams into the 20’s league 

Is Portland Park still a grass park ?, If its changed to Astro then excuse my ignorance
If still grass then they cannot use the park on a Friday for the development league as all parks must be Astro.
Don't think anyone has heard anything about Kilwinning and Irvine meadow starting a U20s team will be brilliant if they do 

11 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Never knew that about Argyll. Mind went to VOLA being so close to Millburn and the habit of using some High Schools.

Arygle has always had grass pitches but got funding to do up an astro about 4/5 years ago it’s in alexandria 2 min drive. 

Yeh I work in the school, Millburn is directly beyond the back of the athletics track. Tbf all 3 vale teams 19s 21s and juniors trained there this year so maybe games will be there?  Either way match facility availability pretty good plus Millburn is one of the best pitches could be great in the light nights!

1 hour ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Is Portland Park still a grass park ?, If its changed to Astro then excuse my ignorance
If still grass then they cannot use the park on a Friday for the development league as all parks must be Astro.
Don't think anyone has heard anything about Kilwinning and Irvine meadow starting a U20s team will be brilliant if they do 

Really? What's the reasoning behind that please?

Hi Guys, 

Bryan from Shettleston 20’s. Delighted we are moving into this new set up and just to clear up the issue regarding pitches, we ourselves will be playing at Greenfield Football Complex on Friday evenings, subject to approval 👍🏻

hope your all good, stay safe and well 👍🏻