West Development U20 League / Teams

Are Burghs 21s not affiliated to them? Thought that would be the starting point. Also a very good local team in thorn athletic but think their existing youth teams are at a much younger age

22 minutes ago, geo87 said:

Are Burghs 21s not affiliated to them? Thought that would be the starting point. Also a very good local team in thorn athletic but think their existing youth teams are at a much younger age

This coming season will be 2001 and younger, so this means lad sat u21 teams who are 2001 or younger and eligible for the development squad, the 2000 and 1999 lads wont be

6 hours ago, traffordab said:

Give it a rest ffs

On here preaching rubbish

A right pain in the arse who nobody can be arsed with

*Irony-meter explodes*

We aren’t taking over any club, the Glenvale 2003 management team approached the club asking could they take over the running of the Darvel west of Scotland under 20s. They will be bringing the core of their squad and adding additional players. 

According to their Facebook and Twitter.... Glenvale 2003’s will be Darvel’s U20 LL development team.

You’re now saying that they approached you however, your Chairman’s updated statement ( intended to clear up ambiguity!) clearly says that YOU (personally) approached THEM !
For the Glenvale boys sake, I genuinely hope I’m wrong but the cynical bit in me suggests that the en-mass ‘recruitment’ of a youth team (& staff) from 25 miles away is largely a cosmetic exercise which will offer those boys little more than false hope ! As I said .... I really hope I’m wrong.
Out of curiosity.... whats the average age of your current squad ? I’m guessing mid to late 20’s ?

Part of the problem ‘doon the brae’ is that you’ve set the bar so high for yourselves. I’m not criticising your ambition ... far from it .... however, your investment brings with it no small measure of expectation and in reality, as we’ve seen this season .... if / when your squad needs strengthening ..... you go out and buy yourself an ex pro or bring in an experienced top end amateur.
Next season ... when it eventually starts .... will be a damn sight tougher for you than this season has ever been but .... with the money that’s been spent .... the level of expectation will not reduce.
You’ll get injuries and suspensions just the same and at a higher level, that will hurt you even more.
In those circumstances, will ‘youth’ get its chance ? ..... or, will you take the safe option and reach for the cheque book ?

I fear it will be the latter but I’d be delighted to be wrong.

Good luck for the new season.

p.s. where will the U20’s play their home games ???

Another great addition to the Lowland U20s development league
St Cadocs YC

st cadocs.PNG

LATEST UPDATE

Have confirmed Officially that they have or are applying or ran an Under 20s team in season 19/20.
Nothing is guaranteed until after June the 15th when deadline for applications

Dunipace have an U20s confirmed but admittedly unsure at the moment for WOS or EOS
Cumbernauld Colts
Braves / Edusport
BSC
Bonnyton Thistle
Upper Annandale
Mid Annandale
Bellshill                                     New to U20s  Development  CONFIRMED
Clydebank                                New to U20s Development   CONFIRMED
Shettleston                              New to U20s Development   CONFIRMED

Troon FC                                   New to U20s Development   CONFIRMED
Vale of Leven                           New to U20s Development   CONFIRMED 
Rossvale                                   New to U20s Development   CONFIRMED
East Kilbride FC                       New to U20s Development   CONFIRMED
Carluke Rovers FC                   New to U20s Development   CONFIRMED
Darvel FC          
                      New to U20s Development   CONFIRMED

St Cadocs YC                            New to U20s Development   CONFIRMED  

POSSIBLY; Teams who have expressed an interest (two teams from the group below I know will be applying to the U20 development league so that would take it to 14 teams from the West side and with an impressive, excellent East side, the Lowland U20s Development League looks as if is growing from strength to strength)

Newmains United
Neilston
Rutherglen Glencairn
Gartcairn
Whitletts Victoria
Johnston Burgh
Yoker

Kilwinning
Pollok
Kirkintilloch Rob Roy
Largs Thistle
Irvine Meadow

Cumbernauld and Cumnock are looking into it but think it looks like 21/22 when they are ready
Beith definitely next year 21/22

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

1 hour ago, combineharvester said:

St cadocs  already trying to poach other teams u20s teams. With the influence of money couldn’t write it 

Classy outfit that lol 

Well I've heard some fairy tails but this one takes the biscuit.
Why the feck would any idiot team want to pay for players to join a development team.
No idiotic point, they would just go and buy a player for the first team and for your information, all lads are released in youth football so anyone can go anywhere.
If the team who wins the development league is that desperate to win the development league then they would not be interested in youth development and two of the current coaches in St Cadocs development team would not be involved, they would walk away

I don't get why people make up these idiotic stories and why people would like the idiotic stories

must have nothing to do

1 hour ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Well I've heard some fairy tails but this one takes the biscuit.
Why the feck would any idiot team want to pay for players to join a development team.
No idiotic point, they would just go and buy a player for the first team and for your information, all lads are released in youth football so anyone can go anywhere.
If the team who wins the development league is that desperate to win the development league then they would not be interested in youth development and two of the current coaches in St Cadocs development team would not be involved, they would walk away

I don't get why people make up these idiotic stories and why people would like the idiotic stories

must have nothing to do

This is not a made up story sir  Maybe should ask ppl closer to home 

where in the post did a say ppl where getting paid ? Influence of money was quoted 

put it this way I know for a fact the new manager of the 20s wasn’t the 1st choice to do so cos they were caused away  from our gal pick 

2 minutes ago, combineharvester said:

This is not a made up story sir  Maybe should ask ppl closer to home 

where in the post did a say ppl where getting paid ? Influence of money was quoted 

put it this way I know for a fact the new manager of the 20s wasn’t the 1st choice to do so cos they were caused away  from our gal pick 

People closer to home, I already have sir

Honestly, your making a negative post regarding youth football with no back up whatsoever, state what you mean then by influence of money.
So what if the current manager of the u20s wasn't the first choice, I know many managers who weren't the first choice, didn't bother them and they got on with it

56 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

People closer to home, I already have sir

Honestly, your making a negative post regarding youth football with no back up whatsoever, state what you mean then by influence of money.
So what if the current manager of the u20s wasn't the first choice, I know many managers who weren't the first choice, didn't bother them and they got on with it

Where hv a been negative to youth football ?? Maybe that’s the problem here you might  be way out your depth  as it’s not youth football it’s u20 development with prob most players in it being 18 plus with even players over 20 being able to play in it 

it’s basically grown men stuff 

2 minutes ago, combineharvester said:

Where hv a been negative to youth football ?? Maybe that’s the problem here you might  be way out your depth  as it’s not youth football it’s u20 development with prob most players in it being 18 plus with even players over 20 being able to play in it 

as I said, utter rubbish, your saying about influenced by money and not elaborating and trying to deflect saying I'm out of my depth

Oh and by your statement in bold, that tells me you haven't a clue how it works

Believe me i know Huw it wurks a lot more than you. Every player that will play in the development league will be a signed player for the 1st team ... I’m directly involved with it all 👍

can tell your used to the wee boy stuff maybe you should  stick to youth fitba mate 

Believe me i know Huw it wurks a lot more than you. Every player that will play in the development league will be a signed player for the 1st team ... I’m directly involved with it all [emoji106]
can tell your used to the wee boy stuff maybe you should  stick to youth fitba mate 
Correct, and first team players over 20 can each play up to 6 times for the u20s each season.

Ha Ha guess influence of money means the under 20/21 are getting say £20 a game, you'll have 1st teamers begging to play on the Friday for a few extra quid - who'd have thought it ! Fully expect anyone over 18 to be around the first team anyway,if you're good enough etc etc  IF a club takes another clubs youth set up (players) where's the guarantee that they will all play at the new club ? Happy Days

58 minutes ago, combineharvester said:

Believe me i know Huw it wurks a lot more than you. Every player that will play in the development league will be a signed player for the 1st team ... I’m directly involved with it all 👍

before I start, im gonna do a lot of ..... wondering

Well first of all with your comment, believe me I know how it works.
I'm sure you drive and you could be driving for more that 30 years, but you could still be shite, its just a fact of life, some of us know our limits, some think they know more, again fact fo life

This season, players who are 2001 or younger can play for the development team
Anyone and their cat knows every player in the development team is signed with the first team and any first team player can play 6 times for the development squad but in essence if the first team management are putting 2 lad sin every week this will wreck havoc with player development. These over aged players should only be played if needing match fitness, coming back from injury.

the comment, "can tell your used to wee boy stuff",  that's your wee mind and your wee viewpoint.
The funny think is, are you proven in development football or pro youth, it would be nice to know lol

I think your comment of the prov in bold below tells em you haven't looked that much into it.
I wonder if there is any development teams with only just 2003 players, hmmmmm

Wonder if you can help me, (he says smiling as he types) heres a hint, if a player is a 2002 player and is registered with the first team, can he still play more than 6 games for the development squad and if so, would the management have him play for the development squad.  I'm unsure of that question but Id rather you help me out and post your reply on here

1 hour ago, combineharvester said:

heres the million dollar question which you started below
and guess what you started the post by stating St Cadocs  trying to poach other who?

You still haven't answered the post, you made an accusation like that with absolutely no proof or anything to back up.

5 hours ago, combineharvester said:

St cadocs  already trying to poach other teams u20s teams. With the influence of money couldn’t write it 

Classy outfit that lol 

48 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Ha Ha guess influence of money means the under 20/21 are getting say £20 a game, you'll have 1st teamers begging to play on the Friday for a few extra quid - who'd have thought it ! Fully expect anyone over 18 to be around the first team anyway,if you're good enough etc etc  IF a club takes another clubs youth set up (players) where's the guarantee that they will all play at the new club ? Happy Days

Andy, I don't know what he's on about, why would any team pay money to a development player, just keep the money and pay for a player good enough for the first team.
if any club is stupid enough to do so then they are idiots, knowing who is in the coaching staff at the development team I don't believe they would allow that to happen and I know the two them would certainly walk away from it
he said    "St cadocs  already trying to poach other teams u20s teams. With the influence of money couldn’t write it    Classy outfit that lol "
So is he saying they are trying to tempt other teams to become their development team, so does that mean St Cadocs never had any u21s, u19s, U17s teams, Im unsure what he means as hes not stating what he means

and then hes deflected from it by trying to say he knows everything about it and I don't lolol
I'm positive he is a mindfield of knowledge in the development league.
I jus cant wait till it starts to watch the games

6 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

before I start, im gonna do a lot of ..... wondering

Well first of all with your comment, believe me I know how it works.
I'm sure you drive and you could be driving for more that 30 years, but you could still be shite, its just a fact of life, some of us know our limits, some think they know more, again fact fo life

This season, players who are 2001 or younger can play for the development team
Anyone and their cat knows every player in the development team is signed with the first team and any first team player can play 6 times for the development squad but in essence if the first team management are putting 2 lad sin every week this will wreck havoc with player development. These over aged players should only be played if needing match fitness, coming back from injury.

the comment, "can tell your used to wee boy stuff",  that's your wee mind and your wee viewpoint.
The funny think is, are you proven in development football or pro youth, it would be nice to know lol

I think your comment of the prov in bold below tells em you haven't looked that much into it.
I wonder if there is any development teams with only just 2003 players, hmmmmm

Wonder if you can help me, (he says smiling as he types) heres a hint, if a player is a 2002 player and is registered with the first team, can he still play more than 6 games for the development squad and if so, would the management have him play for the development squad.  I'm unsure of that question but Id rather you help me out and post your reply on here

heres the million dollar question which you started below
and guess what you started the post by stating St Cadocs  trying to poach other who?

You still haven't answered the post, you made an accusation like that with absolutely no proof or anything to back up.

The fact that the club named above  is a youth academy and trying to take another clubs full development set up.  With incentives added is a poor  ...

you stated a was negative towards youth football where was this ? 
this is senior football  nothing to do with the syfa  and clubs hv officers to deal with ppl of certain age 

6 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Andy, I don't know what he's on about, why would any team pay money to a development player, just keep the money and pay for a player good enough for the first team.
if any club is stupid enough to do so then they are idiots, knowing who is in the coaching staff at the development team I don't believe they would allow that to happen and I know the two them would certainly walk away from it
he said    "St cadocs  already trying to poach other teams u20s teams. With the influence of money couldn’t write it    Classy outfit that lol "
So is he saying they are trying to tempt other teams to become their development team, so does that mean St Cadocs never had any u21s, u19s, U17s teams, Im unsure what he means as hes not stating what he means

and then hes deflected from it by trying to say he knows everything about it and I don't lolol
I'm positive he is a mindfield of knowledge in the development league.
I jus cant wait till it starts to watch the games

Where in any posts did a say any player was getting paid ?? 

4 minutes ago, combineharvester said:

The fact that the club named above  is a youth academy and trying to take another clubs full development set up.  With incentives added is a poor  ...

you stated a was negative towards youth football where was this ? 
this is senior football  nothing to do with the syfa  and clubs hv officers to deal with ppl of certain age 

off ffs, why would any club who are a senior club, new or experienced give incentives to be their development team.
the incentive alone is that they are joining to be a first teams development squad and I don't think the academy of St cadocs would appreciate a team coming in straight away when they have teams already available to come in.

Why do I think the first post of "St cadocs  already trying to poach other teams u20s teams. With the influence of money couldn’t write it    Classy outfit that lol " is a bit of jealousy