West Development U20 League / Teams

8 minutes ago, traffordab said:

Shocking but not surprising. What a terrible state our youth game is in awe sadly never see it recovering. 

you are saying shocking and I've just stated that information is wrong.

The development league is a fantastic league for developing youths and now with a strong West senior representation there will be more u20s teams starting in years to come and this will empower a lot more youth who look up at this when younger and see a clear pathway to play at a higher level

I only see one major problem.
The SYFA must allow youth players of younger teams to be able to play as a trialist for a development club as this would be valuable development experience for the lads. Right now there is a problem that they don't want this happening which is stifling youths development. Its obviously being looked at right now and hopefully it will be sorted quite amicable for the benefit of all Scottish Football

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

35 minutes ago, traffordab said:

Shocking but not surprising. What a terrible state our youth game is in awe sadly never see it recovering. 

Don’t really see what there is to be shocked about. We’ve fully costed next year. The vast majority of our expenses (probably 3/4) is pitch hire. 

The youth game has struggled because there is so little money involved/invested even at the highest level. This backed up with a lack of govt (politics and football) help on pitch costs, coach education etc. So volunteers pick up the pieces. 

At least there is a vision with the U20. A sense of purpose and forward thinking with the clubs involved. It’s getting the most committed, hard working and quality coaches together at this level and trying to make it a more professionals and positive environment. From what I seen last year the league is doing good things.

We are very much looking forward to being a part of it. It’s optional, so if the club doesn’t like it, don’t have it. 

With the standard of some of the refereeing in our league last season it could be money well spent for a higher calibre of game.
Refs that can keep up with players/play and venture out the centre circle. Refs that don’t disappear to McDonald's at half time with players on the pitch waiting for them... (I kid you not - that happened last season) 🤦🏻

My understanding is that it will be development referees being used - the guys being fast tracked to the higher levels in the game.

Sounds like a win-win situation to me tbh.

1 hour ago, Seasiders Youth said:

With the standard of some of the refereeing in our league last season it could be money well spent for a higher calibre of game.
Refs that can keep up with players/play and venture out the centre circle. Refs that don’t disappear to McDonald's at half time with players on the pitch waiting for them... (I kid you not - that happened last season) 🤦🏻

My understanding is that it will be development referees being used - the guys being fast tracked to the higher levels in the game.

Sounds like a win-win situation to me tbh.

Suppose being on a different day to youth games will help, for example this category 3 development referee doubled up with six U20 games on Fridays https://www.eosfl.com/content.php?pg=matchlge&pd=1044&frt=fixtures#frmft=True&pg=matchlge&pd=1044&fsea=11&fcomp1ShowAll=&fclub1ShowAll=&fclub2ShowAll=&frt=all&fref=260&frefShowAll=

34 minutes ago, OnTheGround said:

10k per year to run a team in the u20s team is insane my friend. 

Not sure how you’ve arrived at that figure. Already stated if running a 19s or 21s we’ll be better off in this structure.

If you don’t have a development team or the 10k then don’t put a team in???

45 minutes ago, OnTheGround said:

Unfortunately that's the second time you have came out with completely wrong, negative information on this thead
Is it deliberate thing or you just gullible listening to other people ?

7 minutes ago, BTID said:

Not sure how you’ve arrived at that figure. Already stated if running a 19s or 21s we’ll be better off in this structure.

If you don’t have a development team or the 10k then don’t put a team in???

Yeah FACTUALLY it works out cheaper to run a development squad than a U19s

1 hour ago, OnTheGround said:

Where on earth are you pulling the figure of £10k from?

Last season in the Ayrshire league we paid the refs £40 a game. (£38 halved by the teams every game - but nobody asked for a £1 change out of a score) 

Ref fees are not the big cost it’s pitch hire for games & training that are the major outlays.

On 07/05/2020 at 11:26, Bestsinceslicebread said:

That's how misinformation create problems. I'm not meaning you ontheground, just obviously people telling contacts and not the full information.
yes the fee are usually £60 but at the end of the season you get that money back.
So if you played 15 homes games @ £60 its £900 but the SFA refund the WHOLE money back to the club, but that's been the same for the past few years, will it change, I hope not as these are development lads so you want to give them and clubs every chance of continued progress.

There is nothing saying how many teams but the development lowland league receive enough interest that they hope to arrange of which they have stated there's been plenty of interest and looks very promising.
The list of teams for the West would be

Dunipace have an U20s confirmed but admittedly unsure at the moment for WOS or EOS
Cumbernauld Colts
Braves / Edusport
BSC
Bonnyton Thistle
Upper Annandale
Mid Annandale.   

Bellshill                                     New to U20s  Development   CONFIRMED
Clydebank                                New to U20s Development   CONFIRMED
Shettleston                              New to U20s Development   CONFIRMED
Troon FC                                   New to U20s Development   CONFIRMED 

POSSIBLY 
Kilwinning
Pollok
Rossvale
East Kilbride
Kirkintilloch Rob Roy
East Kilbride
Largs Thistle
Irvine Meadow

Vale of Leven
St Cadocs

a poster above said about travelling would be expected and totally agree.
The U20s is not a step up and is the start of the business end so a business plan is really the best way and the way to work that out is worst case scenario and take it from there

Totally forgot as I mentioned it previously but not heard anything as  it looked as if they were too busy extending their youth club into a senior club but I was told today that St Cadocs are looking to start an U20s team for the development league. Nothing concrete yet but would be a great addition as their youth set up is in great shape

14 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Totally forgot as I mentioned it previously but not heard anything as  it looked as if they were too busy extending their youth club into a senior club but I was told today that St Cadocs are looking to start an U20s team for the development league. Nothing concrete yet but would be a great addition as their youth set up is in great shape

Newmains United have appointed Development Coaches. Would this be for an Under 20's side too? 

15 minutes ago, Dev said:

Newmains United have appointed Development Coaches. Would this be for an Under 20's side too? 

I can't say, as I haven't spoken with anyone at Newmains, I only know from the people I chat with or have been in communication.
U20s development team is not a static item, it really depends how its run or what way each team thinks it should be run.

Will a professional team look at an U19s team and ask them to join and become their u20s team but in the next couple of years there is nothing or no-one to take over from the next age unless the first team find another U19s team two years later to take over
or

an academy runs an u19s and the under 19s become the new u20s development team and the coaches all work together so that the teams below at U17, U16 down through the ages are trained with a purpose of development and thus when they reach the Under 20s age they are ready to experience the first team.

Definitely will be great if Newmains does add an u20s development team as there will be about 14 teams, form the West in the development league

6 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I can't say, as I haven't spoken with anyone at Newmains, I only know from the people I chat with or have been in communication.
U20s development team is not a static item, it really depends how its run or what way each team thinks it should be run.

Will a professional team look at an U19s team and ask them to join and become their u20s team but in the next couple of years there is nothing or no-one to take over from the next age unless the first team find another U19s team two years later to take over
or

an academy runs an u19s and the under 19s become the new u20s development team and the coaches all work together so that the teams below at U17, U16 down through the ages are trained with a purpose of development and thus when they reach the Under 20s age they are ready to experience the first team.

Definitely will be great if Newmains does add an u20s development team as there will be about 14 teams, form the West in the development league

I can confirm that Newmains United will be exploring the avenue of entering a u20s development side next season, however being a brand new project a number of challenges to overcome but we certainly hope to be part of this exciting chapter in WOS football and supporting our senior team

On 11/05/2020 at 18:53, Pyramidic said:

That is fantastic, another team joining the U20s development league and making it official

There is nothing saying how many teams but the development lowland league receive enough interest that they hope to arrange of which they have stated there's been plenty of interest and looks very promising.
The list of teams for the West would/could be

Have Applied or ran an Under 20s team in season 19/20

Dunipace have an U20s confirmed but admittedly unsure at the moment for WOS or EOS
Cumbernauld Colts
Braves / Edusport
BSC
Bonnyton Thistle
Upper Annandale
Mid Annandale
Bellshill                                     New to U20s  Development   CONFIRMED
Clydebank                                New to U20s Development   CONFIRMED
Shettleston                              New to U20s Development   CONFIRMED

Troon FC                                  New to U20s Development   CONFIRMED
Vale of Leven                          New to U20s Development   CONFIRMED 

POSSIBLY  (two teams from the group below I know will be applying to the U20 development league so that would take it to 14 teams from the West side and with an impressive, excellent East side, the Lowland U20s Development League looks as if is growing from strength to strength)

Kilwinning
Pollok
Rossvale
East Kilbride
Kirkintilloch Rob Roy
Largs Thistle
Irvine Meadow

St Cadocs
Newmains United

Amended adding Newmains

2 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Noticed a couple of U21 teams celebrating their promotion - 32 clubs were left in the West Under 21s when the music stopped, wonder how many will remain when football restarts?

I believe there will be plenty of U21s teams playing next year in the West>
its always different the following year, some teams fold, some teams join