West Development U20 League / Teams

21 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Bit confused  by  your meaning.
If a player signed for the senior team then he can only player 6 games for the development team but the first team would only allow him to play for the development team so that he would get him some game time, coming back from injury or match fitness.

A player in the development squad is usually  a step up from the youth  teams of U17s, U19s and U21s.
Don't get me wrong there are youth players in these teams who maybe good enough but might not be there due to luck or things not working out for him.

its really up to each players experience or receiving good advice what is best for him so I could not see what way any player in any situation would see the move to a senior team.

I don't think many teams will sign a youth player to play for the development team. If the senior team are signing any player then its usually for him to play for the first team of challenge for a place on the first team

Hope that helps

That’s great thanks.

Im trying to weigh up pros and cons of setting up a WOS development team. With limited resources and funding and no feeding pathways at this time I fear if setting a team up to feed into senior team is the right or wrong thing to do.....

Absolutely benefits in long term in regards of local community and Scottish football but only if I can get right quality of players in.

The club has the correct facilities and structure to do a great job but as always will come down to finance and players although both go hand in hand 

Cheers

5 hours ago, Newmainac1875 said:

That’s great thanks.

Im trying to weigh up pros and cons of setting up a WOS development team. With limited resources and funding and no feeding pathways at this time I fear if setting a team up to feed into senior team is the right or wrong thing to do.....

Absolutely benefits in long term in regards of local community and Scottish football but only if I can get right quality of players in.

The club has the correct facilities and structure to do a great job but as always will come down to finance and players although both go hand in hand 

Cheers

If you need any advice then do message me and I will let you know the ins and outs of what I've learned.

I'm trying to weigh up pros and cons of setting up a WOS development team.   This is a no brainer, yes, if it was a straight forward yes or no

With limited resources and funding and no feeding pathways at this time I fear if setting a team up to feed into senior team is the right or wrong thing to do..... - this is your biggest obstacles, funding, paying for training, paying for match days.  Some development clubs own their parks so some development teams don't have nay outlay, others have all the outlay,
Feeding pathway is a problem.  To many coaches think that they take their good team to the development age but its about development and if there's a lad a year younger who is better than the one you have or more potential in development then would you leave him behind

Absolutely benefits in long term in regards of local community and Scottish football but only if I can get right quality of players in. - If you are part of a pathway with younger teams involved its not about brining the right player sin, you might have the right players in your teams its just needs the right coaches to bring it all together in the development, you have this and there's no need to look for quality players outside of your teams as you are coaching them to a high standard.

The club has the correct facilities and structure to do a great job but as always will come down to finance and players although both go hand in hand  -   We are finding its cheaper to play in the development league than the U19s leagues, you just have t work out all the costs

Be really positive if the West gets a development set up - hope once they'd played through from under 16 to 21 that a really big percentage of these lads stay in the game at some level, obviously having to work affects things. Down here in Bristol  the Saturday leagues have been decimated the past 10 years,so many clubs folding.

42 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Be really positive if the West gets a development set up - hope once they'd played through from under 16 to 21 that a really big percentage of these lads stay in the game at some level, obviously having to work affects things. Down here in Bristol  the Saturday leagues have been decimated the past 10 years,so many clubs folding.

Andy, its a different environment for youths nowadays than what it was 10 , 20 30 years ago, social media, believe it or not has a big effect on them, work, uni, takes place of priority so something appealing need to be established for the youth in regards to football, a good purpose and without doubt a team in the senior ranks with a development squad is definitely just that as teams will no doubt find out in the future with a development squad that young lads will see very young that there is potential to the senior ranks from their own local team.

A development squad in these teams is something that really depends on the way they wannas go

work on their own talent coming through the ranks or bring in young talent from other areas/teams or both

On 30/04/2020 at 13:04, BTID said:

The only teams that have definitely applied afaik so far are Clydebank and Belshill from 19s. 

There will be more U19s teams moving to a development this coming season, how many, 1,2 5, etc...  anyones guess but Bellshill and Clydebank will not be alone

So at the moment you have from last year who are eligible or come under the remit of a WOS:

Dunipace have an U20s confirmed but if regionalises will they be in the WOS or the EOS, (they admittedly unsure at the moment)
Cumbernauld Colts
Braves
BSC
Bonnyton Thistle
Upper Annandale
Mid Annandale
.    (Thanks GNU)

Bellshill                                     New to U20s  Development   CONFIRMED
Clydebank                                New to U20s Development   CONFIRMED
Shettleston                              New to U20s Development   CONFIRMED
Troon FC                                   New to U20s Development   NOT CONFIRMED OFFICIALLY

POSSIBLY 
Kilwinning
Pollok
Rossvale
East Kilbride
Kirkintilloch Rob Roy

Camelon U20s are sometimes between the West and East on youth teams but they are doing well, successful and think they are happy at the Lowland league development league so if the Lowland development league regionalises the league then wed expect Camelon to be on the East side of the country

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

21 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Andy, its a different environment for youths nowadays than what it was 10 , 20 30 years ago, social media, believe it or not has a big effect on them, work, uni, takes place of priority so something appealing need to be established for the youth in regards to football, a good purpose and without doubt a team in the senior ranks with a development squad is definitely just that as teams will no doubt find out in the future with a development squad that young lads will see very young that there is potential to the senior ranks from their own local team.

A development squad in these teams is something that really depends on the way they wannas go

work on their own talent coming through the ranks or bring in young talent from other areas/teams or both

Good point, suppose I'm still stuck in the dinosaur situation ! Having many different lifestyle choices along with 'modern' ways, make the commitment difficult. Let's hope that just a few can make it through to a decent standard/ make some sort of living out of the game then. Potential and Patience play a part I guess.

Paisley and Johnstone District league. Strongest Youth leagues in the West based on scottish cup performances. Glasgow and District youth league GADYFL also very good. At 19s. Neilston, Giffnock SC good 19s. Both up top of Div 1 PJDYFL and in quarters of Scottish cup before play was halted.

21 minutes ago, Seasiders Youth said:

That’s the second time I’ve heard this rumour and I can confirm this as 100% nonsense.

Not sure where this is coming from but there is absolutely ZERO truth in it. 

This is the internet, mate,...it doesn't actually have to be true before it becomes true on here...

Anyone I’ve spoken to the best thing about this new setup is it’s moving away from grassroots. There is definitely a market for a more serious, more professional setup away from dads running teams on public parks on a Saturday morning. 

Tying in with the wosl team officially creates a closer link with the community that’s associated with the senior side and that can help the 20s grow. Really looking forward to it, many positive conversations with like minded teams past few weeks.

5 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Isn't the Upper Annandale u20s not a Glasgow based youth side that just used Uppers name as a way to enter the league? If true, couldn't they now look to link up with someone closer to home?

Officially Uppers is a moffat team but they play in Glasgow and Mid Annandale are a Lockerbie team who play in Lockerbie

fairweather  you maybe right or maybe wrong but allegedly the Uppers U20s are part of the first team and have had players from the development squad I believe who have played for the first team 

23 minutes ago, Seasiders Youth said:

Troon have last years 19’s that they are taking up to 20’s 

To be honest, right now there is nothing on the official channels, facebook, twitter so right now they are like the rest, might be looking into it, might not.
Some have stated on their facebooks n twitters etc.. that they are looking into producing a U20s development team, Troon have not.
If they do then it will be fantastic, the more the merrier I say and it means they are one of the senior teams taking advantage of the development league in the first year of the WOS which will be an advantage over the late starters.