Rutherglen Glencairn 2020-21

Any idea where some of those guys are off to? Simeon scores a lot of goals and McRobbie is always a danger.
Some of them, yes. Craig McGregor has already been announced by Petershill, and Grant Hay by Neilston. Callum McRobbie was planning on moving to Australia but that is on hold now for the obvious reason.

The others haven't yet been announced by other clubs, so it's not for me to announce that.

Leyden and Simeon are big losses but no1 is irreplaceable 
They are two players we would obviously have liked to stay, but plenty of good players have come and moved on over the years as you say.

We are happy with the squad we have put together, and hopefully we'll be strong enough to stay in tier 6 at the end of the season.

peter how was Drew Wingate looking before the shutdown? always liked him as a player with us ,100% percent whole hearted ,dont think he was the most skillful but made up for it in effort
Drew only managed two starts and one substitute appearance before the season stopped, but he certainly looked useful. He scored the winning goal v Clydebank on his debut, and the other game was a 2-2 draw away to league leaders Kilwinning Rangers where he set up our first goal.

hopefully the new squad can gel quickly and play more like a team as imo last years squad was more like a team of individuals who never appreciated the sum of its parts!
Yes I think that's a fair call. We had two very talented players in the squad in Leyden and Simeon, and we would like them both to have stayed, but I did feel we were a bit over-reliant on them at times. This season's squad looks like more of an all-round collective.

If you think the players you have signed are better than you have lost you know nothing about football, 

Leydan,Simeon,Smith,Donaldson Are much better and making out no big deal they have left for a bigger club also, enjoy the one season in top league,

If you think the players you have signed are better than you have lost you know nothing about football, 
Leydan,Simeon,Smith,Donaldson Are much better and making out no big deal they have left for a bigger club also, enjoy the one season in top league,

Nice attempt at putting words in my mouth that I didn't actually say. [emoji106]

I also don't count Gary Smith as a player that we have lost from last season. He only started 3 games all season, so we haven't really had him in our squad since season 2018-19.

Leyden and Simeon will be difficult to replace, there's no doubt about that. What I did say, though, is that the squad is numerically stronger than it was last season, and we feel that it has the potential to be collectively stronger. Only results will prove if that's the case.

As for our defence, well we've signed four new defenders (including two centre backs) and only lost two defenders. Our goals against average last season was the worst in the league based on the statistics produced by the WRSJFA end of leagues statement.

We wish all of the players who are moving on all the best, and hope they all have a great 2020-21. None of them will be playing against us.

• 3 weeks later...

We are pleased to confirm that versatile defender Ryan Kerr is the 11th player to renew his contract with the club for season 2020-21. Ryan has been sidelined by injury since March 2019, but will now join the squad for pre-season training whenever the go-ahead is given.

• 2 weeks later...

Glencairn manager Willie Harvey has appointed experienced defender Tam Miller as the club's new captain. [emoji469] Tam joined The Glens in December 2018 and has made 37 appearances for the club, scoring 2 goals. Tam takes over from Tony Fraser who has now retired from playing to become the club's first team coach.Tam%20Miller.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Rutherglen Glencairn Football Club are delighted to announce that, with immediate effect, our stadium will be called "The Hamish B. Allan Stadium", in memory of a lifelong supporter who contributed massively to the club physically, emotionally and financially. We would like to thank Hamish's wife (and fellow Glens supporter) Elizabeth for facilitating this very fitting memorial.IMG_20200805_112132.jpeg

Rutherglen Glencairn Football Club are pleased to announce the appointment of Matthew Lees as the club's Community and Commercial Sports Development Officer. Matthew will be focussed on developing the club's relationships with the Rutherglen community and local businesses.
[emoji460][emoji469][emoji460]