Rutherglen Glencairn 2020-21

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/tribute-paid-gentleman-ex-cambuslang-22741767.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Lanarkshire junior football favourite Brian Reid has been called "a gentleman on and off the park" by a former teammate after he passed away.

Defender Reid, who played with Cambuslang Rangers, Rutherglen Glencairn and East Kilbride YM, passed away after a short battle with illness.
The East Kilbride man lifted the Junior Cup with The Lang and earned a runners-up medal in the competition during his time with The Glens.

Friend and former EKYM teammate Johnny Green remembered Brian fondly, stating: "I've always said Brian is the best player I've ever played with.

"He is such a gentleman as well. The two of us played in central defence and it was a great time for the both of us, he was a great person on and off the park.

"He was a nice guy, with a cultured left foot and was a pleasure to play alongside. He was a smashing talent.

"It hit me hard when I heard the news, it's a big loss.

"He was a gentleman on and off the park."

19 minutes ago, gogsy said:

We know what they are like, dirtiest team in the Lowland league. 😄

Don’t want to hijack the thread but I see bsc announced game at Stranraer on sat ? Some trek for a friendly especially if lads are supposed to travel themselves in cars and not share 🤔 especially if teams aren’t paying players just now could be wrong but maybe they are paying still but 😂

4 hours ago, glensmad said:

A good 3-1 friendly win over BSC Glasgow tonight at home, goal scorers Harry Mitchell, Derek McNab and Liam Gormley.

Next up it's East Kilbride FC away on Saturday.

Exactly the type of friendly game i'd liked to have seen in normal times.