Ground improvement/works thread

35 minutes ago, I am Partacus said:

I remember they had some potential money behind them at the time. The Shettleston plan was an obvious no-brainer, even if just for the layout of the ground. I was really just interested in what were the plans for the development of the Glens ground.

Clyde have never had any money in the history of the club even including the three Scottish Cup finals.

The Dunn family kept them afloat for decades.

14 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

The DEVIL'S ILLUMINATION comes to Auchinleck! How times change :lol:

Fair play to the Bot, Beechwood Park was a fairly decent facility when I visited a decade ago and I must get back down there when the football restarts.

6 hours ago, nicotina said:

any truth in the rumour that talbot are running an underground cable to cumnock

and plugging into their power supply to save money

yours       a jealous lok fan

The guy on the bike peddles hard enough to give Cumnock electricity without us adding to his workload.

breaking news   after the lok-down    lok committee man seen going to b+q   to buy

6 new buckets to upgrade our pathetic toilets  

no laughing matter  bloody disgrace  with the size of our support    years of total neglect

will come back to bite us big time as no chance of getting promotion in the future

even if we are good enough on the park.  In the past winning trophies playing in front of a big crowd

was a selling point, now if an ambitious  player  has a choice might prefer  even a  so called lower ranked team 

if they better facilities than us

future imo doesn't look  as  promising  for us

stay safe everyone

When you look at what we've been paying on wages in recent seasons, it has been disappointing that we've not made much progress on the redevelopment front at Newlandsfield. Been on the cards for years and it's been a while now since we heard plans were being drawn up.

I'd happily take a few lean seasons on the pitch if it gave us a chance to bring the ground up to scratch. Got to be the priority right now or we risk being left behind as we move into the pyramid.

Well done Bridlington, hope the units all arrive safely. Yeah all ex junior grounds should have/require : a decent covered area/possibly a 200 seat stand/a decent modern block of toilets (even good portacabin units)  I know the pre-built stuff isn't cheap but I'm sure most clubs fans would get behind such a scheme to improve their grounds.

Well done Bridlington, hope the units all arrive safely. Yeah all ex junior grounds should have/require : a decent covered area/possibly a 200 seat stand/a decent modern block of toilets (even good portacabin units)  I know the pre-built stuff isn't cheap but I'm sure most clubs fans would get behind such a scheme to improve their grounds.

For some grounds 200 seats not the easiest but is it part of being able to get a license I don’t know