Ground improvement/works thread

4 hours ago, Pyramidic said:

Place is looking great! 

The midgies are brutal mind you! 

Was last at that ground years ago when ground hopping Paul Cameron Pat Walker were a right handful back in that period when they had a good wee team. 

Edited by traffordab

3 hours ago, traffordab said:

Place is looking great! 

The midgies are brutal mind you! 

Was last at that ground years ago when ground hopping Paul Cameron Pat Walker were a right handful back in that period when they had a good wee team. 

No you weren't  😂

On 16/05/2020 at 09:02, glensmad said:
On 16/05/2020 at 07:24, Sergeant Wilson said:
Expect a phone call from Clyde.

Lol, that happened about 7 or 8 years ago. They had their chance and blew it.

Was that ever a realistic proposal? Not a regulations guru but I assume Clyde would have had to build a stand with a standard number of seats. Would extra terracing have been added, and were Clyde proposing to pay for it or was was there to be council involvement?

Was that ever a realistic proposal? Not a regulations guru but I assume Clyde would have had to build a stand with a standard number of seats. Would extra terracing have been added, and were Clyde proposing to pay for it or was was there to be council involvement?
Let's just say it wasn't going to be what they initially told us, so the process stopped right there. It was a long time ago, no point in reviving it.

More pictures of the work being done at The Celsius Stadium, with groundsman Eddie Smith doing his usual excellent job on the pitch.FB_IMG_1589979976601.thumb.jpeg.11df84df23cf0ce042ef4165f34274af.jpegIMG_20200520_140410.thumb.jpeg.36248670f0111740890c79b16ec78ee8.jpegIMG_20200520_135527.jpeg.6a04fbbab31f6df6ede6d488bef68f3f.jpegIMG_20200520_135626.jpeg.95b86830d3e92ad9ce78a83df302d925.jpeg
No way am i having that ur manager doing some painting with samba's on. Lol nice publicity stunt tho lol well done 2 the guys who did paint its looking good. Ready for the wosl.

Mon the papers

Expect all the grounds to be excellent by the time next season starts, huge thanks again to all the volunteers lending a hand. Let's hope they don't change their colours after all that painting eh [emoji122] 
We've been black and white since 1896, I don't see that changing. [emoji6]

1 hour ago, I am Partacus said:

Clyde never had two bob. They tried the same with Shettleston. Clyde one day will play a league game in Rutherglen but it will be against Glencairn in an LL away game.

That's good,played all my life in black & white  stripes so I understand ! Is that the ground close to the motorway ? Will try to visit next season if I can.
Yes, the motorway runs right past the northern end of the ground.

12 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

Clyde never had two bob. They tried the same with Shettleston. Clyde one day will play a league game in Rutherglen but it will be against Glencairn in an LL away game.

I remember they had some potential money behind them at the time. The Shettleston plan was an obvious no-brainer, even if just for the layout of the ground. I was really just interested in what were the plans for the development of the Glens ground.