Ground improvement/works thread

300 seater cmon darvel take ur head out ur own arse 30 seats will be enough for ur loyal fans. Make the gloryhunters all stand when use get a scottish cup match. When r use gonnie realise its no a build it and they will come moment! The people of darvel aint interested 

Mon the papers 

1 hour ago, passbackdave said:

300 seater cmon darvel take ur head out ur own arse 30 seats will be enough for ur loyal fans. Make the gloryhunters all stand when use get a scottish cup match. When r use gonnie realise its no a build it and they will come moment! The people of darvel aint interested 

Mon the papers 

Despite what I and many of us on here think of the 'project', if this comes off fair play to Darvel for investing in the infrastructure. Going to be some facility in a 4000 population village.

7 hours ago, funky monkey said:

Despite what I and many of us on here think of the 'project', if this comes off fair play to Darvel for investing in the infrastructure. Going to be some facility in a 4000 population village.

3 promotions and it will be full every second week and they might need to build another one. This is called having a vision. Plenty of other clubs are just standing still. 

49 minutes ago, Lurcer said:

3 promotions and it will be full every second week and they might need to build another one. This is called having a vision. Plenty of other clubs are just standing still. 

It takes cold hard cash to support the vision.

Only the 3 promotions?

It should be applauded that Darvel are using cash generated from cup run, to upgrade their stadium, instead of buying a few players to play a couple of seasons, while infrastructure will last years. I would love to see Talbot build something at the Beechwood Road end, to help enclose the ground a bit, however I don't know if there's enough room due to the proximity of the housing at that end. Would also like Talbot to utilize the space under main stand, for changing rooms etc, if possible. Guess it comes down to finance, but would definitely enhance Beechwood.

53 minutes ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

It should be applauded that Darvel are using cash generated from cup run, to upgrade their stadium, instead of buying a few players to play a couple of seasons, while infrastructure will last years. I would love to see Talbot build something at the Beechwood Road end, to help enclose the ground a bit, however I don't know if there's enough room due to the proximity of the housing at that end. Would also like Talbot to utilize the space under main stand, for changing rooms etc, if possible. Guess it comes down to finance, but would definitely enhance Beechwood.

Talbot must have made a good bit cash from the SC last few seasons?

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

So have Rob Roy still not been told if they are getting use of this new ground? Isnt that a year or so now? Madness. 

The whole saga has been going on for what must be approaching a decade !Surely there is some resolution imminent?!!

18 minutes ago, .Stuart. said:

A few improvements at Meadow Park since the new year including

Extra shelter and a camera tower at the Old Caley rd side.

Refurbished social club under the stand.

Expanded and refurbished toilets 

CBFC4089-23BF-483C-86CA-5EAFF86E45DB.jpeg

90B5FE78-80CA-41C7-8490-A4E9A74F545D.jpeg

6FEE7C10-9A41-4D5A-A9F6-FB4D9BBC5AED.jpeg

Why are the toilets always like a sauna?

• 3 weeks later...