Ground improvement/works thread

1 hour ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

The council need to get the best deal for council tax payers as if they don't they leave themselves open to legal challenges which could delay it even longer. For me it is in everyones best interest to get RR back to Kirky but I also feel the committee at the time need to shoulder some responsibility for moving from Adamslie before having another ground lined up. The fans should take so much credit in keeping turning up week in week at someone else's ground in another town. 

It is a huge risk selling a ground with no relocation deal in place at the time as you say.

On 28/12/2022 at 20:29, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Ah ok! Thats good to hear. I read something about an agreement about them building a ground in East Dunbartonshire, but seems like it was from a while ago.

As far as I know they were planning on bidding, but got a good long term lease at Petershill sorted with the Partick Thistle Charitible Trust and decided to stay there.

On 28/12/2022 at 21:58, jaggyness said:

It's not the same though. There's a road between Newlandfields and the flats. At Hurlford the retaining fence of the ground doubles as a garden fence for the neighbours

I'm sorry Jaggy but I'll politely have to disagree, the road isn't that wide and the flats look directly onto the park, especially 1 up and 2 up.  The houses are at ground level and if you asked me to choose id rather be in a house at ground level than at 1 or 2 up at flats looking directing at the floodlights but again, I've not heard any complaints

These days floodlights are set up/designed so that they can be positioned in a way which minimises potential light pollution. This is normally something covered by the terms and conditions attached to any planning consent. Sometimes the lighting cannot be used after a given time in the evening.

Whether or not this is something which can be resolved at Hurlford remains to be seen but there are lots of floodlights located close to housing as many grounds adjoin residential areas. Good luck to them.

On 28/12/2022 at 19:07, Lokloyal said:

What is the delay in communicating the decision?Rob Roy must be sick of all of this.I had thought they had a joint stake in the actual new development but if not can see why the Council feel they have a free hand in making a decision which might not benefit KRR.

Usual council , been a shambles simce the start of the project. I would expect early January for decision to be out in the open 

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/12/2022 at 19:07, Lokloyal said:

What is the delay in communicating the decision?Rob Roy must be sick of all of this.I had thought they had a joint stake in the actual new development but if not can see why the Council feel they have a free hand in making a decision which might not benefit KRR.

As the council have been inept at every possible decision throughout the whole project , from using Rob Roy plans , water survey , ground survey, the list goees on . Then cut Rob Roy out at the last minute to tender it . Let’s hope it comes out in a week or 2 and they can plan ahead if successful 

10 minutes ago, glasgow-sheep said:

Any idea what improvement Darvel have made for the upcoming Aberdeen game? 

I’ve heard a temporary stand going in, I see Aberdeen have announced their tickets go on sale Wednesday at 5pm….. nothing from the Darvel media outlets though🤷🏻‍♂️

3 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Is the official capacity 3500?

On the website I think it’s 2200 but I’ve heard their trying to get to 4000, Aberdeen are getting 2000 which I think they’ll struggle to sell due to travel, the game being on the tv etc

1 hour ago, Ceejayar said:

On the website I think it’s 2200 but I’ve heard their trying to get to 4000, Aberdeen are getting 2000 which I think they’ll struggle to sell due to travel, the game being on the tv etc

According to the thread on Domestic Cups section they're saying they've been allocated 1750.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...