Ground improvement/works thread

13 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Would hope that Rob Roy get a good deal on the ground, don't think anyone could ever buy it completely. Be a shame if others muscled their way in, and got good tenancy deals ahead of KRR. Ground looking good so far, sure there's still a fair bit to be done. Never got to their old ground sadly.

Does anyone know how things currently stand with Rob Roy and the likelihood they will be allowed to use the new Council ground?Did Rob Roy invest the proceeds of the sale of Adamslie into the new facility (if so you would presume they would be guaranteed use of the new ground)?

1 hour ago, Lokloyal said:

Does anyone know how things currently stand with Rob Roy and the likelihood they will be allowed to use the new Council ground?Did Rob Roy invest the proceeds of the sale of Adamslie into the new facility (if so you would presume they would be guaranteed use of the new ground)?

Council have made the decision just not released info yet as per council dragging their heals. If Rob Roy are successful they will be investing money from adamslie sale to further improve the new facility 

4 hours ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Would hope that Rob Roy get a good deal on the ground, don't think anyone could ever buy it completely. Be a shame if others muscled their way in, and got good tenancy deals ahead of KRR. Ground looking good so far, sure there's still a fair bit to be done. Never got to their old ground sadly.

Adamslie was a nice ground with a distinctive pavilion.

And the only ground where I've been to the last event game ..twice. After the original "last game" they won a game in a cup and got a home tie which was their last game at Adamslie :lol:

8 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Hurlford public meeting was advertised about 4 month ago, maybe less ?. Think is wasn't just about SFA license but that was main topic.  I've not heard anything else on the matter or what happened at the meeting.  Anyone shed any light on it?

Surely given the proximity to residential property there's no chance of them being allowed to put floodlights up? People's back gardens literally look onto the pitch

9 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Adamslie was a nice ground with a distinctive pavilion.

And the only ground where I've been to the last event game ..twice. After the original "last game" they won a game in a cup and got a home tie which was their last game at Adamslie :lol:

Loved Adamslie too, great wee ground. I hope RR do get the lease on the new ground but i can see the council giving it to Glasgow City.

11 hours ago, jaggyness said:

Surely given the proximity to residential property there's no chance of them being allowed to put floodlights up? People's back gardens literally look onto the pitch

That's just exact same as Pollok FC, (actually even worse as Pollks ground looks onto flats whose windows look directly to the floodlights), and I thought there would be plenty of complaints and not heard many to be fair and even after fitted and being used, I haven't heard any complaints, and i would say people love Hurlford and most want to see the team and club and their community do well.  I just haven't heard how the meeting went.

11 hours ago, jaggyness said:

Similar to Auchinleck, and they got permission easily enough.

6 minutes ago, RedEd said:

Similar to Auchinleck, and they got permission easily enough.

Actually forgot about Auchinleck.  I'm sure every households would have a been contacted and informed of potential procedure and what the outcome would be and that it wouldn't be lights staring into their houses. So if there haven't been any complaints then work can commence

12 hours ago, jaggyness said:

It's the windows that are the important factor in regards to environmental health regulations, but they are 30m away from the pitch (further than Pollok and some other grounds) so they should be fine.

5 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Actually forgot about Auchinleck.  I'm sure every households would have a been contacted and informed of potential procedure and what the outcome would be and that it wouldn't be lights staring into their houses. So if there haven't been any complaints then work can commence

doesnt everyone support talbot there so they woudnt speak out

hurlford probably would be ok with the mature trees on the blair cres side and the kirk on mauchline rd

largs are probably tighter but corner pylons would aim the light away from the house windaes

5 hours ago, Junior supporter said:

Glasgow city didn’t bid for it

What is the delay in communicating the decision?Rob Roy must be sick of all of this.I had thought they had a joint stake in the actual new development but if not can see why the Council feel they have a free hand in making a decision which might not benefit KRR.

2 hours ago, Lokloyal said:

What is the delay in communicating the decision?Rob Roy must be sick of all of this.I had thought they had a joint stake in the actual new development but if not can see why the Council feel they have a free hand in making a decision which might not benefit KRR.

The council need to get the best deal for council tax payers as if they don't they leave themselves open to legal challenges which could delay it even longer. For me it is in everyones best interest to get RR back to Kirky but I also feel the committee at the time need to shoulder some responsibility for moving from Adamslie before having another ground lined up. The fans should take so much credit in keeping turning up week in week at someone else's ground in another town. 

9 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

That's just exact same as Pollok FC, (actually even worse as Pollks ground looks onto flats whose windows look directly to the floodlights), and I thought there would be plenty of complaints and not heard many to be fair and even after fitted and being used, I haven't heard any complaints, and i would say people love Hurlford and most want to see the team and club and their community do well.  I just haven't heard how the meeting went.

It's not the same though. There's a road between Newlandfields and the flats. At Hurlford the retaining fence of the ground doubles as a garden fence for the neighbours