Ground improvement/works thread

You would hope that even if they weren't running the facility KRR would still be able to access it on Saturday afternoons and Friday nights without any problems. Especially if it's Glasgow City with the women's games on a Sunday.

3 minutes ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

It's an artificial pitch.

Sorts that out then 😂

A closer look at the second picture would have saved me saying that.

Edited by Sammo

2 hours ago, Sammo said:

Ah sorry I got that one wrong. Cheers for clearing it up 👍

No worries, for what its worth I feel for KRR but I also think clubs shouldn't be moving ground until the alternative is in place. Baillieston is the best example of this and it cost them their very existence. I've been involved (quite a while back now!) in relation to Arthurlie moving ground. The first condition of any discussion was that the new ground had to be ready to move into before we would finalise any deals. Several promising options were looked at but none that worked for the club, hence we are currently still at Dunterlie. 

KRR has been kept going by a hardcore fan base, tireless work by the committee and especially their manager and they all deserve credit for that, but, I do think some of the comments from them around the ground development are (to me anyway) almost like wanting the council to bail you out because of your mistake you made and that they should be give the ground no matter what. Sadly they have made their bed and have to lie in it.

I hope it gets sorted and if their bid is the best then they can move forward back in kirkie then great.

That’s a fair assessment I think. Was at your ground towards the end of last season and it was good I felt, the hospitality but at the bottom was well laid out and the main stand was a fair size, mind you it was sunny so we were all spread out. The area beside the railway end looks like it needs some work, is that in the pipeline?

5 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

What's the big deal, Rob Roy and Glasgow City won't  have many fixture clashes and training will be easily arranged?

I'm guessing that the lease is key here.  If Glasgow City get the lease, then KRR will need to deal with them with regards to facility access, just like any other team looking to hire the place.

1 minute ago, Burnieman said:

I'm guessing that the lease is key here.  If Glasgow City get the lease, then KRR will need to deal with them with regards to facility access, just like any other team looking to hire the place.

Aye, but it's not the end of the world. Unless the primary tenant is particularly awkward. It should still be better than what they've got.

Just now, Sergeant Wilson said:

Aye, but it's not the end of the world. Unless the primary tenant is particularly awkward. It should still be better than what they've got.

I think you've just highlighted why getting the lease is important.  It's also important with regards to licencing and the requirement to have security of tenure, ie they would need to enter into a formal agreement with Glasgow City over access (not just hire week-to-week).

None of it is insurmountable, but it's just a whole lot easier to have the lease.  GC might not be interested in having KRR share the facility either, they can probably fill it 7 days a week with their own teams.

2 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

I think you've just highlighted why getting the lease is important.  It's also important with regards to licencing and the requirement to have security of tenure, ie they would need to enter into a formal agreement with Glasgow City over access (not just hire week-to-week).

None of it is insurmountable, but it's just a whole lot easier to have the lease.  GC might not be interested in having KRR share the facility either, they can probably fill it 7 days a week with their own teams.

I could be wrong, but it's at least partially their own fault. Councils are never easy to deal with, but they've had money and could have built a park years ago.

4 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I could be wrong, but it's at least partially their own fault. Councils are never easy to deal with, but they've had money and could have built a park years ago.

I don't know much about the ins and outs of the saga, but the Council really needs to take a look at themselves if anyone other than KRR get the lease.

3 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

I don't know much about the ins and outs of the saga, but the Council really needs to take a look at themselves if anyone other than KRR get the lease.

I agree. Glasgow City playing in Kirkintilloch would be an anomaly. I'd suggest they look elsewhere. But they probably do have a bit of clout, if that's where they've identified as their best option.

27 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Why?

The council owe KRR nothing and there only objective should be to get the best value for money for the residents of East Dunbartonshire. The council are building this with public money for the benefit of the community its not like KRR are contributing anything too this currently (I believe they have plan to expand further using their own funding for that).

1 hour ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Why?

The council owe KRR nothing and there only objective should be to get the best value for money for the residents of East Dunbartonshire. The council are building this with public money for the benefit of the community its not like KRR are contributing anything too this currently (I believe they have plan to expand further using their own funding for that).

I think KRR means something to a lot of those same residents/community, and to build a facility like this and hand it over to a non-East Dunbartonshire organisation is a very questionable move.

KRR have a ladies team as well, and the whole club will be able to expand if they have a base back in town, which will be to the long term benefit of the residents/community.

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I agree. Glasgow City playing in Kirkintilloch would be an anomaly. I'd suggest they look elsewhere. But they probably do have a bit of clout, if that's where they've identified as their best option.

Whoever funds Glasgow City will be the ones with the clout, but they have no place in Kirkintilloch.

It's kind of odd that a local authority built/is building such a facility "on spec".

Surely it should have had tenants/occupiers tied up before placing the contract for the work - assuming it is on land already owned by the council. 

Wonder what the Scottish Government makes of that?