Ground improvement/works thread

7 minutes ago, Kennie said:

It was a proposal that was intended to be put forward by the MC for the AGM. After further discussions on it the MC decided against putting it forward.

There was no consultation with the clubs in the first instance, so no consultation is required to withdraw it.

What was the reason for withdrawing it?

27 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

What was the reason for withdrawing it?

At present, the Premier Division for next season has 7 licenced clubs out of 16. Let's say that over the next 5 seasons no-one else gets a Licence and 5 of those clubs gain promotion into the Lowland League. In year 6 we would need to relegate all teams that had remained in the Division over the 5 years. Hurlford, who finished in 6th place were the highest non-licenced club this season, so 6 years from now they could win the Premier Division and get relegated. It's also thought that through time we could be looking at a Premier Division that is populated mainly by teams that through no fault of their own, just cannot get a licence. Do they get relegated and never allowed back in if they've had 5 years?

On 09/06/2022 at 09:47, Kennie said:

At present, the Premier Division for next season has 7 licenced clubs out of 16. Let's say that over the next 5 seasons no-one else gets a Licence and 5 of those clubs gain promotion into the Lowland League. In year 6 we would need to relegate all teams that had remained in the Division over the 5 years. Hurlford, who finished in 6th place were the highest non-licenced club this season, so 6 years from now they could win the Premier Division and get relegated. It's also thought that through time we could be looking at a Premier Division that is populated mainly by teams that through no fault of their own, just cannot get a licence. Do they get relegated and never allowed back in if they've had 5 years?

Or we could have non licensed clubs obstructing the way for licensed clubs by throwing money at their sqauds and not their grounds?

Or we could have non licensed clubs obstructing the way for licensed clubs by throwing money at their sqauds and not their grounds?

No point having a squad to win the premier if you dont qualify for promotion though

2 minutes ago, Stants1902 said:
39 minutes ago, not man of the match said:

No point having a squad to win the premier if you dont qualify for promotion though

Darvel seem happy enough with just winning the league.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Billy XBoswell said:

Now completed at Bonnyton Thistle's ground .... I hope this makes for everyone's approval, especially following the recent criticisms aimed at them 

Well done to the hard working committee @ Bonnyton Thistle   

WhatsApp Image 2022-07-10 at 2.10.13 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-07-10 at 2.10.22 PM.jpeg

The seat isn't facing the pitch.

1 hour ago, Billy XBoswell said:

Now completed at Bonnyton Thistle's ground .... I hope this makes for everyone's approval, especially following the recent criticisms aimed at them 

Well done to the hard working committee @ Bonnyton Thistle   

WhatsApp Image 2022-07-10 at 2.10.13 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-07-10 at 2.10.22 PM.jpeg

Just to replace the pitch now 😉

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Sammo said:

Why wouldn’t they get the lease?

Last I heard the council were having an open application process on who would have the lease. I think there are a number of teams (I think Glasgow City are one of them) who are bidding on the lease.

Just now, Sammo said:

I get that there needs to be a transparent system but my, limited, reading of it was that the only reason RobRoy left was promises of a new council built premises?

IIRC I think the expectation was that they were going to build their own place with profits made on the sale of the land that the ground and social club were on. They ran into difficulties with SEPA as they intended on building it on a flood plain. I think the council run facility was always an alternative plan but that doesn't mean that is the reality. The council has to get the best value for money for the residents. I am sure if the KRR proposal is the best then they will get the lease but there are other parties interested (I previously heard Glasgow City were one).

4 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

IIRC I think the expectation was that they were going to build their own place with profits made on the sale of the land that the ground and social club were on. They ran into difficulties with SEPA as they intended on building it on a flood plain. I think the council run facility was always an alternative plan but that doesn't mean that is the reality. The council has to get the best value for money for the residents. I am sure if the KRR proposal is the best then they will get the lease but there are other parties interested (I previously heard Glasgow City were one).

I have also heard Glasgow City were planning on putting in a proposal for what it's worth.

19 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Ah sorry I got that one wrong. Cheers for clearing it up 👍