Ground improvement/works thread

Aye your right about Abbey Park but the Kop section behind the goals was a pretty good vantage point. My granny used to live in Ladyford Avenue so I have a soft spot for the place even though I'm a Ladeside supporter. Back to Buffs Park, could they not move the barrier on the seated stand side nearer the pitch. Think that would help and there is a wee natural slope there.

Possibly - the only thing is the dugouts take up quite a bit of room so it would probably only give you about 20m either side. Better than nothing I suppose. The barrier was there long before the club moved.

Next year we’ll be adding a covering at either side of the seats and also putting a cover over the seats, so the ground will be enclosed on all sides 

we have the option to get more seats so one side completely seated, but working out if we need it or not.

we also have a system designed for terracing inside the stands

Anyone know of news about Drumchapel United's new development at Halgreen? They had plans for an artificial pitch with floodlights back in 2016 with a 5 year lease from the Council. Presumably this was for the many teams that they run as much as for the WoS team?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
19 hours ago, .Stuart. said:

Anyone know what’s happening to the terracing behind the goal at Dunterlie?

Are you talking about the roped off area? It is pretty badly damaged by lack of investment. I believe the club have been in discussions to have it and other areas fixed. 

• 4 weeks later...