Ground improvement/works thread

37 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Been to Pollock a couple of times, must have relieved myself somewhere ! Surely they could get it built fairly cheaply, hire a few portakabin toilets etc. Important part of game-day being an older person with problems down below 👎

It's POLLOK

1 hour ago, Killie65 said:

With Irvine Meadow and Darvel also installing floodlights how many of the 20 teams will have floodlights this season

It's currently 7 if we include Auchinleck. Could have half the league with floodlights at the end of the season as Kilwinning are also installing them.

4 hours ago, Killie65 said:

With Irvine Meadow and Darvel also installing floodlights how many of the 20 teams will have floodlights this season

Approximately 20 clubs will have access to floodlights shortly in the WoSFL with 12 of them in the top league.

Although that includes ground shares with clubs in different leagues ie Clydebank and Yoker.

We are trying to raise funds for floodlights right now. Going well but a wee bit still to go.

Can't beat the concrete block with no roof and then you just piss on your shoes, or the unlucky bloke next to you ! Would like to see a stand at Pollok, possibly some of the pre built things. If things get desperate, I believe that urine bags aren't expensive,we could all tie them to our legs 😨

If you need the toilet just go into Loks. I get it's a licensing requirement but a bit of common sense would mean it shouldn't be a show stopper.
That's not how it works. You can't say to the licence inspector, "We've no toilets in the stadium, but the gaff next door does, so show a bit of common sense, eh ?" An automatic non-compliance.

Pollok will need gents, ladies and disabled toilet facilities with specific numbers of cubicles etc, all within the confines of what is defined as the stadium, if they are going to tick that box.

Just now, glensmad said:

That's not how it works. You can't say to the licence inspector, "We've no toilets in the stadium, but the gaff next door does, so show a bit of common sense, eh ?" An automatic non-compliance.

Pollok will need gents, ladies and disabled toilet facilities with specific numbers of cubicles etc, all within the confines of what is defined as the stadium, if they are going to tick that box.

Aye I know. Disabled access is a bigger issue at Newlandsfield which needs to be the priority imo.

On 27/06/2020 at 17:40, Andy groundhopper said:

Brilliant news over floodlights but I have one concern - spfl clubs have them but rarely play under lights - hopefully there will be more midweek matches at a lower level. Play games midweek -dont bother training ☺️ happy days.

They are used in winter on Saturday to keep 230 and 3pm kick offs

On 29/06/2020 at 18:22, Andy groundhopper said:

Ha a club near me (Bristol) got everything ready for lights and a stand, only to then find out a gas supply ran under the touchline so no digging 😬 the lights are set back, and the stand is by the corner flag 🚩 ridiculous !

out of interest mate, who was that?