West of Scotland Football, What Is The Future?

8 minutes ago, ArabAuslander said:

Palmero, Fiorentina, Parma all done it off the top of my head,

It's even more widespread outwith the professional game.

Taking the clubs (with Wiki pages) in Serie D Group I (chosen at random from Serie D which is the first level below professional in Italy) here are the clubs that have went burst and reformed since WWII

US Savoia: 1955, 2010
Castrovillari: 2003
FC Messina: 1969, 2009, 2010, 2019
Licata: 2010
ACR Messina: 1993, 1994, 1997, 2009, 2017
Nola: 1990. 1996. 1997, 1998, 2002, 2004, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014
Palermo: 1987, 2019

7 clubs out of 13 clubs with 25 reformations in total.

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix

1 hour ago, Tutankhamen said:

Interesting that Brechin City stated they would rather play in the Lowland League than the Highland League.

It only became an issue to their chairman when it became obvious that they were finishing bottom and would have to play either Kelty or Brora in the playoff - both teams you'd fancy over Brechin, who've been dire this season. His logic is that all his players come from the central belt and won't want to travel North, which kind of misses the point that other players could be recruited. I don't have any sympathy with this: the Tay Bridge has been the boundary since the beginning, Brechin started off the season knowing what would happen if they failed in the relegation playoff. He didn't speak out when Montrose were in a similar position either. He should count himself fortunate that Brechin's SPFL status is likely to be saved by reconstruction...

South of Scotland currently advertising for teams in the region covered by the WoS.  Exactly as I've been stating for months. We now have two leagues at the same tier in the pyramid covering the same region. They need to be merged as a priority.

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

South of Scotland currently advertising for teams in the region covered by the WoS.  Exactly as I've been stating for months. We now have two leagues at the same tier in the pyramid covering the same region. They need to be merged as a priority.

While I share the sentiments, I think that might just be their new social media person who is coming up with some content to populate their twitter. It also says around "D&G and Glasgow" which is not incorrect as Caley Braves reserves are "around" Glasgow.

But the SoS have done well to get everything they wanted out of the pyramid negotiations - remaining at tier 6 and no mass influx of west teams. They were happy for the WOS to be created, because the alternative was everyone applying for the SOS. The east region clubs had been informed they must move to the EOS to join the pyramid, but it seems different rules apply for the west.

10 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

While I share the sentiments, I think that might just be their new social media person who is coming up with some content to populate their twitter. It also says around "D&G and Glasgow" which is not incorrect as Caley Braves reserves are "around" Glasgow.

But the SoS have done well to get everything they wanted out of the pyramid negotiations - remaining at tier 6 and no mass influx of west teams. They were happy for the WOS to be created, because the alternative was everyone applying for the SOS. The east region clubs had been informed they must move to the EOS to join the pyramid, but it seems different rules apply for the west.

Definitely their new social media trying to be proactive. Still being open to applicants is one of the few things to promote.

1 hour ago, Ginaro said:

Same rule, the West Region clubs were informed that they had to move to the new West of Scotland Football League to join the pyramid

1 hour ago, Navybankie said:

Same rule, the West Region clubs were informed that they had to move to the new West of Scotland Football League to join the pyramid

No, West Region clubs before the recent WOSFL discussions were told they had to join the South of Scotland to gain pyramid access, and thus be eligible for a licence.

Edit: okay, they could join the EOS as well.

Edited by Ginaro

Was reading in the Juniors forum that Royal Albert are not entering the SJC due to costs. They intimated in their statement that away clubs in the SCC competition don't recieve any of the gate money but get travelling expences for up to 50 miles. I'm not sure of the system regarding the SJC gates or how the SCC is run (are semi finals neutral grounds)  but if true a club could play at least four SCC games and not make a penny. Is this correct?

2 hours ago, Blackie Gold said:

Was reading in the Juniors forum that Royal Albert are not entering the SJC due to costs. They intimated in their statement that away clubs in the SCC competition don't recieve any of the gate money but get travelling expences for up to 50 miles. I'm not sure of the system regarding the SJC gates or how the SCC is run (are semi finals neutral grounds)  but if true a club could play at least four SCC games and not make a penny. Is this correct?

The bit about the gates not being shared in SCC games is true. It was something that was brought up when the East had all their changes back in 2018. Yet nobody asked to change it in 2019 once their voting rights kicked in. The semi finals are played at whoever gets drawn at home. I'm sure someone better in the know will jump in with the specific workings.

Below is how the SJC is run. It has been said that after covering the referee's fees and the home side covering the guarantee of travel a majority of sides could be at a loss or just break even mode unless they're fortunate to get a big name to draw in crowds. Which is perhaps why the East never changed the pyramid cup rules so far.

image.png.6f617b47704c99ad001d4c15ee03fecd.png

EDIT: To add how travel expenses work in the SCC.

image.png.47e48788d165c1ff1adfe1c43224cd23.png

Match officials are covered by the home team but the home team isn't out of pocket having to cover the travel guarantee. The away side get money for their travel over 50 miles and I suppose the idea is that within 50 miles its just another game.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

On 28/04/2020 at 06:22, FairWeatherFan said:

The bit about the gates not being shared in SCC games is true. It was something that was brought up when the East had all their changes back in 2018. Yet nobody asked to change it in 2019 once their voting rights kicked in. The semi finals are played at whoever gets drawn at home. I'm sure someone better in the know will jump in with the specific workings.

Below is how the SJC is run. It has been said that after covering the referee's fees and the home side covering the guarantee of travel a majority of sides could be at a loss or just break even mode unless they're fortunate to get a big name to draw in crowds. Which is perhaps why the East never changed the pyramid cup rules so far.

image.png.6f617b47704c99ad001d4c15ee03fecd.png

EDIT: To add how travel expenses work in the SCC.

image.png.47e48788d165c1ff1adfe1c43224cd23.png

Match officials are covered by the home team but the home team isn't out of pocket having to cover the travel guarantee. The away side get money for their travel over 50 miles and I suppose the idea is that within 50 miles its just another game.

Guessing that it's better to be drawn at home, hopefully boosting their income by a big gate,food & drink etc. I wasn't sure of the costs involved re mileage etc, interesting stuff. Hoping the game returns by the end of 2020, be positive eh.

2 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Before the creation of this league, the EoS winners and SoS winners had a play-off to see who enters the lowland league. What happens now with the WoS being involved?

Still the same, until one of the Tier6 WoSFL clubs gets licensed and wins it, so they can join in the playoffs too!

7 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Before the creation of this league, the EoS winners and SoS winners had a play-off to see who enters the lowland league. What happens now with the WoS being involved?

3 way playoff for one promotion spot.

1. 3 Licenced Champions = 3 way playoff (probably 3 match round robin Sat-Wed-Sat giving each side 1H & 1A tie)
  2. 2 Licenced Champions = 2 legged playoff
  3. 1 Licenced Champion = Automatic promotion.
  4. No Licenced Champion = No promotion.

That way they only have to set aside a single week for the Lowland League playoffs in the calendar.

34 minutes ago, curzonmid said:

The travelling in this league is going to be horrific for a few teams but they knew what they were signing up to so good luck to them 👍

It is no different to playing in the Juniors...

The travelling in this league is going to be horrific for a few teams but they knew what they were signing up to so good luck to them [emoji106]
Was Caliy binned along with Bairns57?