West of Scotland Football, What Is The Future?

Hopefully they try and continue what they do in the east for the wosfl, albeit a bigger number of fixtures to include.

They try and leave international weekends for the bigger games, not sure how it would work after the conferences are divided but it would mean the bigger games on paper get the best chance of a big crowd.

Will certainly be interesting to see how it pans out, will be good to see how many smaller clubs can use the conferences to springboard themselves forwards and if the traditional bigger clubs can maintain what they have.

7 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

This year's Marymass is cancelled so surely no issue to even discuss?

Your correct M8 not being at my work for five weeks I had no idea it was cancelled. Means I don't have to work Marymass Saturday as I usually do it for my Irvine colleagues.

18 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

Your correct M8 not being at my work for five weeks I had no idea it was cancelled. Means I don't have to work Marymass Saturday as I usually do it for my Irvine colleagues.

I think all mass gatherings have been kyboshed! This thing called covid 19! 😂

To be honest, we'll be doing well to get some football played this side of the bells.

Edited by cmontheloknow

Yesterday the Glasgow Herald ran this article on the progress being made by Hillwood. Maybe potential for the club to take things further in future?:

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/18397925.hillwood-football-club-attended-famous-footballers-announces-new-coach-disabled-players/

Glasgow Times: News   23rd April  By Stacey Mullen @journostacey Audience and Content Editor

Hillwood Football Club attended by famous footballers announces new coach for disabled players

A SOUTH Side community football club has welcomed back a former coach to help run its new disabled sports division.

Hillwood Football Club, who are based in Priesthill and have been operating since 1966, revealed that Joe McAlpine will take on the role of head coach for the section.

Hillwood founder Willie Smith said: "Joe’s wealth of experience and expertise in this important area brings to an end a lengthy process by the club intended to ensure that the widest possible accessibility and sports opportunities are available to anyone regardless of any disability.

"Membership of the club will also enable the disabled division access to the fantastic new facility of Hillwood Community Trust as it has done with many other local organisations."

Joe added: “I am thrilled to be heading up an excellent addition to an already thriving club.

"As head coach of Elite Disability Sports Club I feel I have gained invaluable experience in what it takes to provide a fully inclusive sports environment.

"Following an accident at work in which I was left unable to continue playing mainstream football I understand the challenges and obstacles that need to be overcome in disabled sport.

"I am looking forward to being a part of the Hillwood family again."

Last year, we reported that Glasgow City Council approved Hillwood Community Trust’s application for permission to build a new clubhouse, including changing rooms and a community hall, on playing fields at Priesthill Road.

It is the third part of a development which has involved upgrading two grass pitches and installing a new synthetic pitch, fencing and flood lights.

On 23 April 2020 at 13:02, G4Mac said:

Hopefully they try and continue what they do in the east for the wosfl, albeit a bigger number of fixtures to include.

They try and leave international weekends for the bigger games, not sure how it would work after the conferences are divided but it would mean the bigger games on paper get the best chance of a big crowd.

Will certainly be interesting to see how it pans out, will be good to see how many smaller clubs can use the conferences to springboard themselves forwards and if the traditional bigger clubs can maintain what they have.

Hopefully they gut the plastic and caravan teams out the LL.

40 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

Hopefully they gut the plastic and caravan teams out the LL.

I'm sure now there is a fully functioning pyramid clubs will manage to raise their level, others will find their level and those who already have a sure footing will continue to progress.

Hopefully your wording regarding teams in the LL is tongue in cheek, if not thats quite poor.

The biggest stumbling block for everyone will be getting licensed. I'm not sure what the sfa are planning to do with it. Each year it is getting harder and harder to get one.

It will though be interesting to see who is playing where in 5 years time.

8 hours ago, G4Mac said:

I'm sure now there is a fully functioning pyramid clubs will manage to raise their level, others will find their level and those who already have a sure footing will continue to progress.

Hopefully your wording regarding teams in the LL is tongue in cheek, if not thats quite poor.

The biggest stumbling block for everyone will be getting licensed. I'm not sure what the sfa are planning to do with it. Each year it is getting harder and harder to get one.

It will though be interesting to see who is playing where in 5 years time.

Next step will perhaps make bronze required for SPFL.

17 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

I suspect the spfl requirements whilst only stated in the spfl rules are from an understanding with the sfa. Given bronze is a reasonable jump, 3 spfl clubs don’t have it and nobody outside the spfl have it i can’t see that happening too quickly and when it does I think it will be at the price of automatic relegation.

10 hours ago, Thistle Scotland Europe said:

Why has no one reformed Renton the first Scottish team to win a club world cup?

Everyone knows the story.

I wonder if it's anything to do with them going belly up in 1922, every body involved and their children are probably dead and the surrounding area has plenty of clubs already.

On 21/04/2020 at 13:16, Marten said:

There are talks going on between the HFL, NCL & NRJFA. The latter is rumoured to not be in a hurry at all whilst the HFL seems to be willing to introduce relegation. What more can the HFL do?

Disappointingly the NRJFA is reported as remaining disinterested about joining the pyramid..... at present.

However, accepting the North Caledonian clubs' decision that they would join the pyramid (if possible) as early as next season),  would at least 'kick start' a northern pyramid, below the Highland League.   If so, it might encourage the NR Juniors to reconsider its position thereafter (?).

The original proposal, already greed in principle by the HFL and the NCL as being a way forward, was that the North Juniors and the North Caley would sit alongside each other (at tier 6), with a promotion play-off  :  providing both their champion clubs are licensed. The SFA is believed to have signalled its support for this concept, following  initial discussion(s) held last and earlier this year..

According to recent press reports (see the "Expansion of the NCL" forum on P&B), the Highland League would also support the introduction of relegation.  Also reported, is that four additional clubs have applied to join the NCL for 2020/21, which should enhance its chance of pyramid status next season.  

2 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

I'm not sure what the sfa will do. I get the feeling that they may look to limit either a) the number of clubs getting a licence or b) the number of clubs receiving the yearly monies related to having a licence.

I suspect there will also be changes to entry level, potentially tougher or more stringent criteria. (Like making seating compulsory)

It will be interesting to see how it unfolds, particularly given the sheer volume of west clubs who are in a position to either get one or work towards it in the next year or two.

(And for the avoidance of doubt, I believe if you are sfa licenced you should receive the same benefits as others who are licensed, regardless of when you got your licence or what tier you operate within the pyramid)

Edited by Guest

9 hours ago, parsforlife said:

I suspect the spfl requirements whilst only stated in the spfl rules are from an understanding with the sfa. Given bronze is a reasonable jump, 3 spfl clubs don’t have it and nobody outside the spfl have it i can’t see that happening too quickly and when it does I think it will be at the price of automatic relegation.

For clarity, meant just for ground.