West of Scotland Football, What Is The Future?

New club, FC Isle of Man has been elected into the North West Counties League for 2020/21. 
It would have been interesting if they had joined the WoSL instead of the English pyramid.
[emoji848][emoji15]

48 minutes ago, Robert James said:

New club, FC Isle of Man has been elected into the North West Counties League for 2020/21. 

It would have been interesting if they had joined the WoSL instead of the English pyramid.

A good day out 👍👍

All good progress then, a bad day for the 'junior' supporters,just let it go eh. Be nice to see a fixture list along with the 20's games too, Hopefully people will be looking back with pride in say 5-10 years time,saying I'm glad my club made the change etc. The ground Improvements wouldn't have happened in the junior days, be happy for that at least.

1 hour ago, Andy groundhopper said:

All good progress then, a bad day for the 'junior' supporters,just let it go eh. Be nice to see a fixture list along with the 20's games too, Hopefully people will be looking back with pride in say 5-10 years time,saying I'm glad my club made the change etc. The ground Improvements wouldn't have happened in the junior days, be happy for that at least.

Your last comment about ground improvements in Junior days is a generalisation that is just not true, many teams that were Juniors had made large investments in ground facilities, Glenafton, Talbot ,Cumnock, Lugar, and Muirkirk  to name the East Ayrshire teams,  and many other Ayrshire and Central based teams have improved facilities.  I can see further improvements  by all teams , but lets not forget the improvements to Grounds pre Wosl.

He's an english groundhopper who hasn't a clue about scottish junior football and its supporters he may pretend he does cause he's read a bit and maybe visited a few grounds but the reality is he doesn't have a clue. 

Like the majority on here who look at things through a computer screen and or a spreadsheet or twitter page real life feeling and the silent majority are very different. 

The fact he just throws in the remark 'just let it go' that tells you all you need to know about the poster in question ignorant flippancy.

13 hours ago, Robert James said:

As they've been an English County FA for ages, are FA affiliated and have previously entered the FA Vase, it would be bonkers rather than interesting.

Edited by cmontheloknow

11 hours ago, GLENAFTON TV said:

Your last comment about ground improvements in Junior days is a generalisation that is just not true, many teams that were Juniors had made large investments in ground facilities, Glenafton, Talbot ,Cumnock, Lugar, and Muirkirk  to name the East Ayrshire teams,  and many other Ayrshire and Central based teams have improved facilities.  I can see further improvements  by all teams , but lets not forget the improvements to Grounds pre Wosl.

What I would say we will see that we would not have before though is the rise of floodlights. Licencing is driving that in East and South and will happen in West too. Licencing was, rightly or wrongly, closed off in SJFA. This last week or so alone has seen Creetown and Musselburgh install. Whitehill Welfare a few weeks back  as well.

Just now, cmontheloknow said:

What I would say we will see that we would not have before though is the rise of floodlights. Licencing is driving that in East and South and will happen in West too. Licencing was, rightly or wrongly, closed off in SJFA. This last week or so alone has seen Creetown and Musselburgh install. Whitehill Welfare a few weeks back  as well.

Dyce Juniors up in the North Region are getting them installed so they can join the local Aberdeen & District FA.

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Dyce Juniors up in the North Region are getting them installed so they can join the local Aberdeen & District FA.

If you wrote down a list of Junior clubs who have installed floodlights over last 5 years vs Senior clubs, there's only one winner.

Edited by cmontheloknow

19 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

If you wrote down a list of Junior clubs who have installed floodlights over last 5 years vs Senior clubs, there's only one winner.

Must be nearly a third of clubs in WoSFL now playing in a ground with the devil's lanterns.

23 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Its more to illustrate the wide range of clubs that are looking into getting them installed. Its by no means easy financially, but clubs big and small have been finding ways to get them recently.

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Its more to illustrate the wide range of clubs that are looking into getting them installed. Its by no means easy financially, but clubs big and small have been finding ways to get them recently.

I guess with Dyce, there is also the medium term possibility of North getting its house in order in terms of pyramid and Licencing too. Where there's a will there's a way. Creetown are using windfarm grant money and the skills of local tradesmen to get theirs in for example. Next for them is to find the £250,000 for the toilets.

Edited by cmontheloknow

2 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

A third? Nah

Rounding up that's 23 clubs.

Quick check of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020–21_West_of_Scotland_Football_League has 20 with floodlights beside them that's obviously through groundshares and has Drumchapel at Donald Dewar Centre, but doesn't include the clubs that are getting them installed this year. Should certainly reach a third or more pretty soon.

2 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Rounding up that's 23 clubs.

Quick check of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020–21_West_of_Scotland_Football_League has 20 with floodlights beside them that's obviously through groundshares and has Drumchapel at Donald Dewar Centre, but doesn't include the clubs that are getting them installed this year. Should certainly reach a third or more pretty soon.

Stand corrected. Thanks for the link.

On 08/07/2020 at 10:38, Derry said:

Shit patter jog on dafty no one comes on here for a spelling check supposed to be about football but u have no decent input on that so u want to be the Grammar police wasn’t much school for me growing up but I’m still retired before 35 and comfy all that without being even to but a sentence together 😂😂

You say "still retired before 35". Is the phrase you're looking for "on the dole"?

1 hour ago, cmontheloknow said:

As they've been an English County FA for ages, are FA affiliated and have previously entered the FA Vase, it would be bonkers rather than interesting.

Sorry, but that is absolute nonsense.   FC Isle of Man is a brand new football club, and it has only recently been granted membership of the Island's FA.  

Therefore as a club,  it has never been (previously) registered with/affiliated to the English County FA, nor has it entered the FA Vase..

2 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

Given the almost religious fervour against playing under lights that the Juniors had, it's no surprise that few have invested in them. Unfortunately, the likes of this have contributed to the stagnation of the Juniors. If they'd moved with the times, maybe the slide off the radar wouldn't be happening.

5 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Given the almost religious fervour against playing under lights that the Juniors had, it's no surprise that few have invested in them. Unfortunately, the likes of this have contributed to the stagnation of the Juniors. If they'd moved with the times, maybe the slide off the radar wouldn't be happening.

I kid you not, I was at a game between two leading Glasgow sides when the devil's lanterns came to life. "Have they asked our permission?!" came a voice of indignant outrage among the visiting support. Another reached into his pocket to produce the SJFA rule book which was given a once over, albeit not very forensically due to half-time hospitality.

Edited by cmontheloknow